Review Freo downs Pie, 6-5 before Bye

Remove this Banner Ad

I want to pay few kudos to Reece Conca.
Through the was outstanding when it counted. Busted a nut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, fair call. He's a bit agricultural at times, but we needed his match hardened fitness and ability to impact the stoppages today to get the ball into the front half. Need someone to do the dirty work and he was good.

Fyfe is actually looking an elite kick this year to my eye test. Do the stats back that up?

Seems to have improved massively.

Fyfe went at 68% disposal efficiency today, with 32 posessions (21 kicks) and 0.2 at goal, still room for improvement but its a fair bit higher considerably for him playing on the ball

Mayne may have touched that Sonny kick in the 3rd quarter with his finger (as he claims), and it might even make the victory more sweeter if he did, but I get the feeling the AFL will annoy everyone in the media making a big deal about the review system by saying that there wasn't conclusive video evidence at the time to overturn the goal.

There is no doubt that Mayne touched the ball, mate. It was clear as day on the replay.

Fyfe is actually looking an elite kick this year to my eye test. Do the stats back that up?

Seems to have improved massively.

His kicks into the forward line were poor. At least twice maybe 3 times he kicked to Matera in a 1 on 1 against a much bigger opponent.

I want to pay few kudos to Reece Conca.
Through the was outstanding when it counted. Busted a nut

Been thinking about him the last few games and watching him more carefully yeah sure he's average but the bloke does a lot of the often thankless grunt work for the team.

Ok so my thoughts.

Again we were blessed by stand out games from Fyfe Hill and Walters.

Thought Lobb was outstanding. Lost the hitouts but helped quell Grundy around the ground.

Blakely Wilson Langdon and Ryan were both damaging for and against us. Just got to eliminate some of the poor decisions by foot and stop playing on to someone under pressure and we will be much better.

Think Darcy needs to come in and push Lobb back forward. Cox needs a spell.

One thing that gave me a bit of hope at half time was that Collingwood had dominated the 2nd quarter time in forward half, but from about halfway through the 2nd quarter with some resolute defending we prevented them from scoring and went into the break having scored the last goal of the half.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone make a Brayshaw bump GIF .... please?

giphy.gif

So good! So unexpected after we worked so hard for so little reward for much of the game, feels like if we clean up the errors we could be playing some great footy that will trouble a lot of teams.

The reporters at the pressers were working overtime to get a reaction and soundbite about the walters touch. Bucks was way to classy.

I think anybody not looking to sensationalise things and will recognise the game for what it is. Close, calls went both ways (as they usually do) and in this case the team with more of the play won which is fair enough. Most fans I'm sure will recognise that, on balance, Pies were outplayed in the 2nd half. Sometimes you get lucky and win against the flow, sometimes you don't ... the touched shot is just part of the soup, it's not THE defining moment people might want to make it to be, no great injustice occurred.

Really impressed with Buckley’s presser. Class.
"I'll leave that to you. We didn't deserve to win the game."

That ended that. Killed the momentum for the AFL to get pressured to fix the decision after the game. Lyon looked more worried when he answered about the score being in the book and being final.

What I love about that moment is that he had that brief second where he looked like he was going to go to ground. The simple thing to do there is panic and just handball wildly in a general direction. He took the split second to compose himself and take the right option. That in itself is risky, but it's the better thing to do and speaks of a natural toughness and footy ability which is hard to teach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back