Review Autopsy vs Melb

Remove this Banner Ad

When was the last time Adelaide won an AWAY game against a respected top 8 side in Melbourne?

Probably Dogs in 2015 at the G. Almost 4 years ago.

Round 2 vs Hawk @ the MCG (Hawthorne finished 3rd in 2016)

I like seeing that from Brad, too often he is not damaging enough with his disposal.
More an issue that he is now kicking more than handballing, which suggests he has more confidence in his body. Touch wood!

Come on Peter, this is schoolyard stuff

Collingwood are flag favourites and Freo beat Collingwood and we beat Freo so we must be flag favourites. Just stuff 11 year olds say.

Are we terrible? No. But we are definitely not contending (yet)

Give me some more grinding wins , give me some more wins when we are expected to win.
Not quite sure where I said we were flag favourites. I was responding to a post about whether we are contending. I think we remain in contention, nothing more nothing less.

Maybe refrain from making schoolyard errors...like not reading people’s posts and putting words in their mouth.

That was a great win Alex, given the hoodoo they had over us. They however failed to make the 8 that year.

Much like our Melbourne win this year.

Yawn!!

A) It was round 2
B) they finished 3rd 6 months before
C) you asked for a respected club
D) you are now shifting the goal posts. Like usual
E) you will get your 20 likes now with your ‘Alex’ jibe.
F) clickbait stuff.

That was a great win Alex, given the hoodoo they had over us. They however failed to make the 8 that year.

Much like our Melbourne win this year.
See this is where you clearly out yourself as a troll - not sure why I’ve never noticed it before. It’s the same as your Walker garbage.

Ask a question but then keep re setting the goal posts. Eventually narrow it down that the only acceptable Melb wins will be against those teams we lost to.

Any win in Melb against any team who, at the time of that win is sitting in the top 8, is a creditable win.

What is a ‘respected’ top 8 side, as opposed to a top 8 side?

Thats a fair and respectful question I will engage. I would say there are a solid 5 teams that over the past 18 months which is large enough sample siare well respected in the competition and would be considered a respected top 8 side.

I would say IMO, Tigers,Pies at the G, Giants in Sydney, Geelong in Geelong and Eagles at Optus. Would be awesome to win there when we get our chances.

Metrss gained, score involvements and pressure acts top 10 for Crows. 5 players in all 3, only Gooch in the top 5 of all three categories.

Metres Gained:
Smith - 725
Brad - 593
Lynch 525
Gooch - 378
Laird 359
Gibbs - 357
D Mack - 351
Atkins - 343
CEY - 336
Kelly - 296

Score Involvements
Atkins - 11
Lynch - 10
Brad - 9
CEY - 9
Gooch - 9

Laird - 9
JJ - 8
Smith - 7
Tex - 6
Gibbs - 5
Eddie - 5
Kelly - 5

Pressure acts:
Thor - 29
Gooch - 24
Seeeds - 23

Atkins - 21
ROB - 21
CEY - 21
Gibbs - 21
Kelly - 19
Brad - 15

D Mack - 15
Milera - 15
Murphy - 15

Last edited:
See this is where you clearly out yourself as a troll - not sure why I’ve never noticed it before. It’s the same as your Walker garbage.

Ask a question but then keep re setting the goal posts. Eventually narrow it down that the only acceptable Melb wins will be against those teams we lost to.

Any win in Melb against any team who, at the time of that win is sitting in the top 8, is a creditable win.

You dont need to get nasty or resort to calling names.

You disagree thats fine. Why not leave it at that?

Beating the Hawks at the MCG was great, but they had a poor year.

I will even give you that Sydney in Sydney was a good win in 2017 to make you happy, even though they have lost 6 of their past 17 home games there.

Pick 1 is turning up and taking Kate Upton and Emma Stone home, after you’ve all had some drinks and are feeling adventurous

I get the feeling that most of this board will still find things to complain about with this scenario

"They were too adventurous"

"Should have been pinged for holding the man"

"They wanted the room temperature at 23, that's too warm for me"

"At one point I couldn't hear the stereo"

Thats a fair and respectful question I will engage. I would say there are a solid 5 teams that over the past 18 months which is large enough sample siare well respected in the competition and would be considered a respected top 8 side.

I would say IMO, Tigers,Pies at the G, Giants in Sydney, Geelong in Geelong and Eagles at Optus. Would be awesome to win there when we get our chances.
Congratulations for having a quick squiz on footywire to determine what parameters you needed to set so that a negative answer is the only option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations for having a quick squiz on footywire to determine what parameters you needed to set so that a negative answer is the only option.

Thanks. Much appreciated.

I actually looked at AFL.com.au and thought about if the top 6 teams have been solid teams over the past 18 months.

You disagree, thats fine.

Not quite sure where I said we were flag favourites. I was responding to a post about whether we are contending. I think we remain in contention, nothing more nothing less.

Maybe refrain from making schoolyard errors...like not reading people’s posts and putting words in their mouth.
Come on, you all but inferred we were good enough based on Freo beating Collingwood. I read ok

Thanks. Much appreciated.

I actually looked at AFL.com.au and thought about if the top 6 teams have been solid teams over the past 18 months.

You disagree, thats fine.
Oh so it’s top 6 teams now?

More comedy

I hope all the Jenkins haters out there realise we were probably farked without him last night.

I think he had a point to prove and Melbourne were screwed down back with injuries. Didnt McDonald have him for most of the night?

The true test will be Giants, Tigers and Cats. Both he and Tex have redemption opportunities.

Lets be very clear. Weidemann kicks that goal and this board melts. Nobody is bringing up us beating Freo , nobody is congratulating us on a great fightback.

That is where I am coming from. We were a bees dick away from having our season in tatters and people think we are contenders now.

We might be but I do want to see better than last night

I did not include the Collingwood draw at the MCG, the McGovern mark as I instinctively knew the goal posts would shift as they finished towards the bottom and it was a draw.

Any win away is a good win.

We aren't contenders. But the last three weeks tell me we are in the mix below the real contenders.

I personally think with that in mind we need to persist in playing Milera in the middle with Jones/McHenry getting some games.

From what I saw yesterday in the SANFL those three with the Crouch brothers and Carlton's pick this year is our midfield for the 2021-2025 period.

Ong with RoB

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Our midfield from 2022 to 2026 will be really exciting. We should just give Rowell his contract now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back