Autopsy Rd 11 Carlton vs Essendon - So what did you get up to this weekend?

Who were our best players in round 12

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Did Bolton really say the effort was there today in the press conference? I can't bring myself to watch it in the fear I will lose my ****

Yep and that we’re building resilience. Excuse me while I go and SPEW UP!

So many thoughts but something that stood out to me today was a passage of play with Setterfield. Rain falling and he ignores the long option with McKay in a one on one and chips it 15m to Silvagni who drops the mark. Our reluctance to adapt to the conditions today was embarrassing.

So many thoughts but something that stood out to me today was a passage of play with Setterfield. Rain falling and he ignores the long option with McKay in a one on one and chips it 15m to Silvagni who drops the mark. Our reluctance to adapt to the conditions today was embarrassing.
Surely that was the right option if he marked it. Play short in the wet always.

Players need just as much of a flogging as everyone else.

Can't kick, can't tackle, can't do anything really.

At this rate it would be better to close the doors. It will never get better.

Cant hit a target, cant kick goals etc etc Basic skill levels of our whole list from top to bottom is generally atrocious.

I actually couldn't believe Setterfield did that. Utterly brainless. Was up there with Plowman's dual brain fades of last week.

Yep and that we’re building resilience. Excuse me while I go and SPEW UP!

The guy is an absolute amateur! He looks defeated, sounds ridiculous, incoherent and out of answers. He’s lost the players there’s no doubt.
Problem is this club is so soft now and so PC that we won’t do anything about it. We’ll just let it rot for the rest of the year.

Just listened to the presser and I am astounded that the "plan" rhetoric is religiously trotted outcome and again. How long is this plan? Does it involve destroying the souls of a few warrior players and an entire supporter base? I don't see improvement over the last three seasons other than in isolated, personal circumstances. We are not defined by pressure. Our skill and level is poor and our future has been directly connected to a well spoken gentlemen who seems to have a lost the group. Classic example of a qualified coach n or a footy brain. Lifetime assistant for mine who should consider stepping aside by years end.

I want to to stick fat and pony up the membership again but, I'm not bought into the message. Call me negative or a basher or whatever you like. I can't watch this rubbish week after week.

Sorry Bnluebaggers, today is yet another sad day for the club that has to be demoralizing for these kids. The fact that this plan failed to account for some mature leaders and bodies to protect these kids is one of many failings. If I was could a be top end pick for 2020 I would be thanking SOS and Liam Stocker, who has been good, at every opportunity.

As far as trades go, who would come to this mess? The Carlton legacy of bygone eras is gone and we are left with this weekly debacle.

Rant over! Bex is kicking in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The trades are tricky to assess in isolation as we were taking so many kids at the draft at the same time. Without the Silvagni/injury discount/'playing with mates' factors, who knows whether we'd have attracted anyone else?

Exactly right, it's easy to criticise the the GWS intake en masse, but nobody looks at the alternative. We took Plowman, Phillips, Sumner and Lamb for pick 28. Sure, we could have held pick 28, but whether we'd have picked up a player than has been better than Plowman over the last 3.5 years is debatable. And then, how do you fill the other 3 list spots? National Draft picks after 60, 70, 80? How many rookies do you upgrade? Or do you keep the likes of Tutt and Whiley on the list and hope they "come good"? It's a huge stretch to say we'd have been better off! But this is probably not the thread for it.

It may not be th
Kennedy, Marchbank and Setterfield played. I'd suggest you'd get offers on Setterfield (10 games in). Marchbank is struggling a bit. Kennedy has shown little. The GWS thing is a lazy argument, not the cause of our current issues.

The GWS player obsession may not be the root cause of our woes, but it has compounded and worsened our position.
We may have been had other options via the draft.
Our drafting can be scrutinized too, Dow at pick 3,& OBrien at pick 10, have quite a way to go before they vacancy contribute.
Trading our 2019 1st selection for picks 12 & 19 just doesn’t make sense either.

If he has no idea how in hell is the guy still at the club and been at the club leeching off us.
NFI... A fair number of people over the years have noted that he isn't up to scratch but the club seems to like keeping him around.

Exactly right, it's easy to criticise the the GWS intake en masse, but nobody looks at the alternative. We took Plowman, Phillips, Sumner and Lamb for pick 28. Sure, we could have held pick 28, but whether we'd have picked up a player than has been better than Plowman over the last 3.5 years is debatable. And then, how do you fill the other 3 list spots? National Draft picks after 60, 70, 80? How many rookies do you upgrade? Or do you keep the likes of Tutt and Whiley on the list and hope they "come good"? It's a huge stretch to say we'd have been better off! But this is probably not the thread for it.
We probably would’ve kept Holman I guess and had probably a million dollars to find someone else that was proven. There was an alternative imo but it’s still not a huge deal.

This was inevitable from the moment the teams were announced.

We had 4 players with 100 games under their belt, 2 of which were Casboult and Fasolo who shouldn't even be getting a game and then you have Curnow who is a tagger not even playing in the midfield and an underdone Kruezer.

There is no experience anywhere on the ground to lead us, we should have Simpson, Jones, Thomas, Docherty down back 4 quality 100 game players which is why our defense was strong but none of them are playing. We should have got a senior mid or 2 in last off season and we should have Murphy in there to give us 3-4 senior mids but we have none.

Cripps is either injured or being seriously hampered and we are doing nothing about it, to have his 2 career worst games in the last 3 weeks when he has pretty much announced himself as the best player in the comp prior to that rings alarm bells.

Nope, and nope. Time to move the **** on from these two and Murphy. Should be the first three moved on from the list at seasons end. Does nothing for us having them rack up games any longer. As bad as we are.

It may not be th

The GWS player obsession may be the cause of our woes per say but it has compounded and worsened our position.
We may have been had other options via the draft.
Our drafting can be scrutinized, Dow at pick 3,& OBrien at pick 10, have quite a way to go before they vacancy contribute.
Trading our 2019 1st selection for picks 12 & 19 just doesn’t make sense either.

Yeah the 2017 crop hasn't delivered much yet. I didn't like the pick swap either, but Stocker looks to go pretty well.

I feel ashamed to say this, but at 3/4 time I said to my missus I'd rather get thrashed than have another honourable loss, only for the pure fact to force pressure on the club hierarchy to instigate an investigation and/or review of the rebuild's current lack of success. 😞

Back