Food, Drink & Dining Out Lollies for kids... should I not?

Remove this Banner Ad

Myself, mainly, and talking to teachers I know who see this behaviour.
What, teachers who have somehow followed the lives of children from primary school through to adulthood, and been able to somehow know how disciplined the individuals were when given freedom to choose their own foods?

What, teachers who have somehow followed the lives of children from primary school through to adulthood, and been able to somehow know how disciplined the individuals were when given freedom to choose their own foods?

Not adulthood obviously but children who are deprived of treats at home are inclined to sneak food and overeat.

Giving kids sweets all the time, and depriving them of it altogether, are two sides of the same coin in terms of not teaching them healthy habits IMO

Not adulthood obviously but children who are deprived of treats at home are inclined to sneak food and overeat.

Giving kids sweets all the time, and depriving them of it altogether, are two sides of the same coin in terms of not teaching them healthy habits IMO

It’s similar with drinking. The ones who’s parents don’t even let them try alcohol as a teen end up the biggest drunks.

Helps if parents actually give a s**t about cooking. Mum overcooked chicken and steak to the point of needing to chew a million times before swallowing. Vegetables boiling until 20 minutes of Neighbours or Home and Away.

Looking back, no surprise 90% of the money we made from our teenage jerbs went to junk food and soft drink.

Helps if parents actually give a **** about cooking. Mum overcooked chicken and steak to the point of needing to chew a million times before swallowing. Vegetables boiling until 20 minutes of Neighbours or Home and Away.

Looking back, no surprise 90% of the money we made from our teenage jerbs went to junk food and soft drink.

Usually it’s out of ignorance more than not caring, most don’t understand that veggies are better for you when not overly cooked.

I wouldn’t care if somebody did that and probably wouldn’t be friends with people that uptight. Some parents are pretty strict with that type of thing though. Probably just ask ‘hey, is it ok to give your kids this?’.

Why can't parents just teach moderation like normal people?

Way too many either letting kids eat anything they want or banning them from eating anything fun because they saw a Pete Evans talk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Helps if parents actually give a **** about cooking. Mum overcooked chicken and steak to the point of needing to chew a million times before swallowing. Vegetables boiling until 20 minutes of Neighbours or Home and Away.

Me and my brothers laugh about my mums cooking of veggies. Sounds the same as yours, overcooked and terrible. Amazing now when you cook them properly they aren't as bad.

I'd just keep giving the kid lollies and watch the parent lose their mind.

Oh sorry, I keep forgetting.

Also, at the risk of being a misogynistic pos, is this usually the domain of Mothers, not Fathers?

I tend to sauté vegetables with some garlic or ‘erbs

I’m another for having had to endure boiled vegetables - dinner at 6, start cooking the cabbage at 5. Used to be see through by the time it hit the table

Remove this Banner Ad

Back