Prediction How Long Will JENKINS Remain Dropped?

Remove this Banner Ad

He first game was poor, he played reasonably well against Centrals and then had the really good game against Port.

The Crows could have easily just pulled a Crows special and rushed him back after the Centrals game, but they resisted and made him show that he had actually found some form before bringing him back in.

So he hadn't had a solid consistent performance like you said

Facts are the last three weeks has pretty much seen him perform extremely well, Lynch will help coming back aswell

2017 saw us with the best forward line in the league, the priority whch appears what has happened is getting those players to replicate that form

This board clearly had JJ as a whipping boy and didn't like him, I don't care if you like him or not, if he can perform to the ability he has shown he must be in, its up to the coach to get help him get back in form, which he has done, well done Pyke or if it was a an assistant coach well done to them

I'd be interested as well.

Does an attempt to tackle where the player ultimately gets around you count?

Yes.

Shepherds, chases and closing space where you don't touch your opponent are all "pressure acts". That's combined with physical pressure and of course, tackles.

So he hadn't had a solid consistent performance like you said

Facts are the last three weeks has pretty much seen him perform extremely well, Lynch will help coming back aswell

2017 saw us with the best forward line in the league, the priority whch appears what has happened is getting those players to replicate that form

This board clearly had JJ as a whipping boy and didn't like him, I don't care if you like him or not, if he can perform to the ability he has shown he must be in, its up to the coach to get help him get back in form, which he has done, well done Pyke or if it was a an assistant coach well done to them
This board didn't like the way he was playing and never did Don.

We like the way he is playing now and so does Don.

He had a very poor first quarter. Lots of soft chases, lack of effort and mistakes.

I'll like the way he's playing when he puts in for a full game.

The boards solution is to sack him not bring forever the coach was to get him back how he can play

And don't say it isn't or I can show you all the posts again like Saunders hashtag
The only reason we wanted him moved on was because he’s never played like a KPF and yes we doubted A) he was capable of changing and B) Pyke could get him to change

That has nothing to do with him being a whipping boy because he was “whipped” because of how he played not if he could change.

He has and full credit to him. You only had to listen to Carey last night to understand the difference in how he is playing.

Yes.

Shepherds, chases and closing space where you don't touch your opponent are all "pressure acts". That's combined with physical pressure and of course, tackles.
Thats why people saying Douglas played a good game last night due to his 27 pressure acts are way off.
Was just chasing blokes who got the ball before him, but not making tackles

FFS. He finally plays with some passion and desperation and promptly gets injured.
At least its not an ACL.
4-6 weeks is the best result possible really.
1 of those weeks is a bye. 2 games after that he'll be missed, after that the draw gets much easier which should mean we don't need to rush him back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4-6 weeks is the best result possible really.
1 of those weeks is a bye. 2 games after that he'll be missed, after that the draw gets much easier which should mean we don't need to rush him back

Two byes

Next week and the Geelong game.

It doesn't matter who's fit for that game, we're zero chance of winning.

The way I look at it is that we have 2 1/2 weeks to get Talia, Kelly and everyone else rested up and fit for the Showdown

The only reason we wanted him moved on was because he’s never played like a KPF and yes we doubted A) he was capable of changing and B) Pyke could get him to change

That has nothing to do with him being a whipping boy because he was “whipped” because of how he played not if he could change.

He has and full credit to him. You only had to listen to Carey last night to understand the difference in how he is playing.

So what you are saying is most of the board jumped the gun and didn't consider what he was capable of

This is it, happy for JJ to be in the team. when he is in form and performing at the level we know he is capable of, but at the start of the year his form was shocking and was rightfully dropped. Now he is back and playing well I think most are happy for him to stay in the team (before his injury)

The same rule should apply for everyone in the team, if you are out of form and not performing you need to go back to the 2's to find some form. You can only carry an out of form player for so long.

Two byes

Next week and the Geelong game.

It doesn't matter who's fit for that game, we're zero chance of winning.

The way I look at it is that we have 2 1/2 weeks to get Talia, Kelly and everyone else rested up and fit for the Showdown
Pretty sure that last time we won in Geelong Gary Ayres was in his 1st (or was it 2nd) year as our head coach when he went nuts at the crowd and John Reid was giving "up yours" hand gestures to the bloke sitting in front of the coaches box.

Even when we were CLEARLY and COMFORTABLY a better team than they were, we would get beaten there, often quite comfortably. It would be a HUGE confidence booster if we manage to fluke a win there this season.

FFS. He finally plays with some passion and desperation and promptly gets injured.
At least its not an ACL.
This never would have happened if he'd just jogged around out the back looking for freebies

Pretty sure that last time we won in Geelong Gary Ayres was in his 1st (or was it 2nd) year as our head coach when he went nuts at the crowd and John Reid was giving "up yours" hand gestures to the bloke sitting in front of the coaches box.

Even when we were CLEARLY and COMFORTABLY a better team than they were, we would get beaten there, often quite comfortably. It would be a HUGE confidence booster if we manage to fluke a win there this season.
correct. 2002 was the last time we won in geelong

The Roo to full forward game

**** me! That is 17 years ago! That's 5 years before the first iPhone came out. Nokia was the best selling phone. Twitter didn't exist. Neither did Instagram or facebook. Hell neither did youtube.

**** me that feels like decades ago! :(

I was still in high school lol.

Another couple of years and we will have players who weren't even born the last time we won there (and the AFL will still schedule us to play there every single year).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back