Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stratton should be suspended by the MRP

Votes: 50 89.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pretty poor attempt at an apology from Ben Stratton

Doesn’t say it’s wrong to pinch people or stomp on them. Just says it’s “not a good look” and he “doesn’t want to be known for it” and he needs to “do better”

As with all of these non-apology apologies, the person involved says things that are actually true - it’s not a good look, he doesn’t want to be known for it, he needs to do better - and which he is therefore comfortable saying, to avoid saying something he’s not comfortable saying - it’s wrong and I shouldn’t have done it

Not sorry he did it, sorry he got caught
Stratton's response is why I changed my response in the poll. Initially I voted for a fine.

Had he come out and said that what he did was wrong, and made a genuine apology to Fantasia, Cameron, Walters and other players he's done this to (if you think this is the first time..I don't know what to say), then the AFL could reasonably fine him.

The joke of an apology he made just demonstrated he was only sorry he was caught.

A lengthy suspension is appropriate.

It won't happen, as this is the AFL, but it's absolutely appropriate.

Last edited:
Stratton's response is why I changed my response in the poll. Initially I voted for a fine.

Had he come out and said that what he did was wrong, and made a genuine apology to Fantasia, Walters and other players he's done this to (if you think this is the first time..I don't know what to say), then the AFL could reasonably fine him.

The joke of an apology he made just demonstrated he was only sorry he was caught.

A lengthy suspension is appropriate.

It won't happen, as this is the AFL, but it's absolutely appropriate.

Deserves at least 2 for behaving like a 5 year old

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Though I’m not sure Goodes pinched opposition players or stomped on their feet.

You're right, Stratton won't be booed as much because he's not black

giphy.gif

He also used classic “distancing” language to water it down further - it’s “probably” not a good look and I “probably” don’t want to be known for it

Hope they throw the book at him. Also need Clarkson to make a statement about it - is this acceptable as part of “unsociable footy” or isn’t it?

I highly doubt Clarkson gives the slightest **** about it. Sometimes you get suspended when trying to straddle the line.

Kane was having a massive melt in "The Round So Far" video about Freo players taunting Port during the game and calling it arrogant.

Pretty sure that when Port were targeting Max Gawn in round 1 he thought it was genius

As always Kane just makes things up as he goes along.
No mention of Dursma's Arrow?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Don't use "girl" or "13" as an excuse. 13 year old girls know right from wrong.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
That is a fair point. She should know that making such a comment is incorrect. And I am sure her parents instilled this into her and never used such language in front of her. Nor did any other grown ups she has contact with.

However, should a professional athlete point such an person out and publicly humiliate them?

I never understood why it was said he was booed due to his race or calling out racism. Eddie has called out comments made to him on Twitter and we chant his name every game.
Nicky Winmar is considered a legend of the game and he publicly called out racism.

The difference is these guys did not single out a kid and make them the poster child for racism.

If it was an overage idiot hurling such abuse, go for it. But not a kid.

A follow up on the girl would be a good story to see how it affected her.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back