Fan threatened with eviction from MCG for barracking too loud

Remove this Banner Ad

We the paying football public are actually paying Gil $3m+ a year to the run the game into the ground and ruin it. The 'competition' is weaker than ever before, rigged fixture, pathetic rule changes and interpretations built upon year on year to get to the state we are in now, 120 minute low-scoring rugby mauls between crap Lyon-inspired teams that wouldn't have a footballers ******** between them. Now you're not even allowed to barrack for your team lest you offend some god-fearing cry-baby with a mobile phone.

Gil, you have sat here too long for any good you are doing. Depart, I say, and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!

So your concern should be umpires achieving OPTIMAL geographic position, not actual discrete calls/decisions.
Re: umpiring.
Two parts must be emphasised. The most important part is optimal geographic position, not the discrete(individual) decision(s). Fans in aggregate can access 360°. An umpire, cannot. Most decisions for a unitary individual umpire perspective, will be a 55-45 margin, but the decision is either binary, or stalemate(ball-up). The umpires supervisors and Goldspink may have dictated to favour stalemate in ~53-> ~47 discrete decisions. It is ALL subjective.

Contagion of crowd's hostility to umpires on individual days. If the crowd goes into hue and cry mode and baying for blood, this will be self-perpetuating throughout the game and spread over to post game talkback-line from the matches' commentators on SEN. Again, not exactly rigorous, and a valid applied-psychology petrie-dish on human behaviour.

NB my declaration. No dog in the fight, I reff'ed jnr b-ball when I was 16. Never been involved in football, umpiring, nor bball refereeing apart from mentioned^. Can't watch NBA now cos they all travel.

The AFL could solve this with Haidt, Kelty, Samuels, and Jack Elliott, and decent corporate comms consultancy. It really is quite elementary for the folks I mentioned to get a handle. Better communication with tense fans in the outer, would solve much. A more nuanced interpretation and the communication of that like one explicated would defuse tension with umpires versus fans. It could be done, quite cheaply, and be efficacious. The most expensive would be Haidt @50k USD plus business-class airfares from JFK -> Tulla. Yeah, Walleed Aly whippet smart, but this is a bit above his station. Get the best, 100k Aus for Haidt. Then another 100k Aus for expenses of Elliott, Kelty, Samuels. contra to(from) C7 for tv media and publicserviceannouncements 🙄

Better than a non-solution and options posed by a clusterfuck at AFL hq, Benny Gale should take this to the Commission and get Gilligan ousted and he can have his baby shark🦈

Last edited:
“I don’t know what the AFL’s agenda is, but they’ve basically become social reformers and they almost want to be a political party in their own right.’’

- Sam Kekovich

Demetriou had designs on Canberra. Strike him up as another Eddie McGuire and Evan Thornley who never had intellectual chops to cut it in Canberra. 3 ordinary ALP aspirants when the party is frankly in disarray like the Dems.

#meds
medusala
# bluewave 🤙🏄

Last edited:
The People's Republik of Victoria.

The only way to stop this Cultural Marxism is to not vote for lunatics promoting this evil ideology and to boycott the AFL and business' pushing this nonsense.

On the positive side I think it’s woken a lot of people up to what we narrowly averted at the election.

Gil McLockdown, call off your dogs.

I blame the media.

AFL knows that the media are going to go bat shit crazy when the Goodes doc airs later this year. The media will dredge up every case of vilification as it tries to claim that AFL is in crisis.

AFL proactively trying to gather the stats to show vilification is not a problem at AFL games. I bet the the AFL will trot out stats that in 2019, the eviction rate from AFL games is like 0.02% and none of these cases involve racial vilification...or something like that.

The only way AFL can get those stats and build an image of a family friendly and politically correct environment is to employ these security guards to monitor each game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actions have consequences. All you non racists who joined in with the pile on on Goodes, you're now reaping what you sowed. Well done.
What about tv/cable producers/editors who pressed replay on Goodes' Rance' Judd(chickenwing)'s Ablett's(elbow) and the continued R E P E A T of their COMMON footy acts? If they redact Goodes' when they fail to redact Ablett Judd and Rance, this is itself problematic and illiberal. For my own pov, with zero context and epidemiology lens, this presents a statistically common (AFL-wide terms) act as bad faith or cheating and representative of common oeuvre of the player, Lloyd? But me asserting this, is simplistic and impractical for a sporting context. But the editors and producers are part of the gestalt and don't have clean hands. NB that does NOT mean they have dirty hands neither, that is a false-dichotomy. It is up to big money commentators to present a fair case for the player and to flesh out context. Best of impractical scenario.

Actions have consequences.
that reads(sounds) as illiberal with a Bentham panopticon circling. The aphorism coulda been Orwell's, re: self-censorship is more insidious than overt censorship. And Pinker/Haidt/Zizek from Academe mention the potential backlash. More PSO's in public? 👀

The backlash and prescription so far worse than any symptom. A Fairfax lens is tail-wagging-dog.

On the positive side I think it’s woken a lot of people up to what we narrowly averted at the election.

Gil McLockdown, call off your dogs.
What do you think we 'narrowly averted' at the election, considering that the first thing the government did with its surprise return to power was to order the federal police to raid some journalists for reporting important news?

What do you think we 'narrowly averted' at the election, considering that the first thing the government did with its surprise return to power was to order the federal police to raid some journalists for reporting important news?
As reported by journalists. I don’t know exactly what went on with those raids, but neither do you. Il trust journos to report on their best interests and ‘their truth’ rather than a fair and balanced view.

Suppression of free speech, restriction of discussion to approved topics/phrases.

We can't all be info-terrorists like Assange.

As reported by journalists. I don’t know exactly what went on with those raids, but neither do you. Il trust journos to report on their best interests and ‘their truth’ rather than a fair and balanced view.
stenography is a noble profession, 4th Estate have always been tied-to-the-hip of the Establishment and government hence no positive coverage of Julian Assange. They carved the rod for their own back 🙃

And I'll trust journos to report a fairer and more balanced view than Dutton and his cronies, especially when even Newscorp think he's gone too far

Actions have consequences. All you non racists who joined in with the pile on on Goodes, you're now reaping what you sowed. Well done.
Fortunately Jeff Kennett has identified the real problem here- foreigners. **** he's a scumbag.
The People's Republik of Victoria.

The only way to stop this Cultural Marxism is to not vote for lunatics promoting this evil ideology and to boycott the AFL and business' pushing this nonsense.
So you're saying the Liberal Party is in opposition to corporate interests like the afl and prominent sponsors? lol
Oh speaking of evil ideologies, cultural marxism is an anti-semitic conspiracy theory.
Suppression of free speech, restriction of discussion to approved topics/phrases.

We can't all be info-terrorists like Assange.
Who would be carrying out this suppression? The 'PC police'? Perennial 'victims' like Mark Latham claiming they're being 'silenced' while getting a platform on sunrise or wherever is hardly restriction of discussion.

Fortunately Jeff Kennett has identified the real problem here- foreigners. **** he's a scumbag.

All he's doing is pointing out that a footy culture exists and that these people might not be cognisant of it when exercising their duties (e.g. the "chewy on ya boot" report). Look past the headline.
Who would be carrying out this suppression? The 'PC police'? Perennial 'victims' like Mark Latham claiming they're being 'silenced' while getting a platform on sunrise or wherever is hardly restriction of discussion.

It's mixed up with the gender benders and man-haters. They're an unholy influence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back