Preview Roughead Returns - Round 14, 2019: Sydney v Hawthorn, 21 June 2019, 7:50pm AEST @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was under the impression that his recent vfl form was poor?

I watched a few Roughy VFL games, he wasn't trying to make it all about himself. He could have done a lot better, and when he did have the ball his class was obvious.

He actually played really well and was run through every line, given we had Lewis and Pitto in the seniors for a bit.

Since all three played for box hill last week, isn't this exactly what is happening at the moment?
It sure is. But there comes a tipping point our on field leadership is horrible, there is about 2-3 blokes its left to .He is almost picked on that alone, unfortunately blokes that should be leaders offer little.

RoughyLewis,Cj,Howe in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we bring Rough in ahead of lewis and Ross then I will lose my s**t. That would make no sense at all.

Maybe it's just the club trying to patch up some respect from the fans after the events earlier this week? Bring in the old captain/veteran. Or it could be that we lacked on-field leadership last week and just need someone out there to control them? All a bit weird though

Will be happy to see Lewis play, not stressed if he doesn't play. It's obvious he wasn't dropped for form, just let the club develop him properly. Gunston got dropped for a decent amount of games in his first year for us and it was obvious he could play. Breust didn't even get a game until he was at Lewis's age.

If we bring Rough in ahead of lewis and Ross then I will lose my s**t. That would make no sense at all.

Yeah utterly ridiculous, borderline comedic. Serves bugger all purpose him kicking the due off in a sub standard VFL comp, deadset some of the VFL teams would get beat by premier division Eastern and Essendon comp sides.

Wrapped to have Roughy back!!
He inspires the team just with his presence- we seemed to severely lack a bit of heart & soul last week, so hopefully we lift a bit with Roughy there..
I would love to see Rough full forward and Lewis play CHF - maybe even Ross coming in aswell with potentially Ceglar out just to give us some better forward targets but we’ll just have to wait and see what happens as Clarko is normally reasonably conservative with mass changes

I was under the impression that his recent vfl form was poor?
I watched him at last week Performance Enhancing Park against the Bombers* and he struggled. Delivery was disgraceful at times but he cracked in and tried his guts out. Happy to see the big fella back and hopefully he snags a few and has a role to help out Big Boy in the ruck. His best game of the year, in my opinion, was against the Saints playing a similar Fwd/Ruck role.

Yeah utterly ridiculous, borderline comedic. Serves bugger all purpose him kicking the due off in a sub standard VFL comp, deadset some of the VFL teams would get beat by premier division Eastern and Essendon comp sides.
I think this is what tanking looks like Clarko style. Our kids are probably better than the old guys now, so better just to keep bring back Rough and play it out and hope we don't win too many games.

I feel he is been brought in for his experience and leadership since stratts is out

Maybe it's just the club trying to patch up some respect from the fans after the events earlier this week? Bring in the old captain/veteran. Or it could be that we lacked on-field leadership last week and just need someone out there to control them? All a bit weird though

Also gives him a chance to play against Budd one more time... selection seems more about sentiment than anything else...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back