Scandal Jaidyn Stephenson - Betting on Pies games

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that a serious question? If so see one of my earlier posts. He should not be playing finals. You can work out the details.
Yes it was and you can call me Shirley.

I don’t think he’ll play finals if Collingwood make it. For a variety of reasons. I simply don’t think finals should come into the discussion re penalty handed down by AFL.

Why did the AFL negotiate with his club,weak governance.
Few lies in all this,he didn’t self report and what a sham 12 weeks suspended.
Could win a norm smith and premiership despite having broken supposedly strict rules not once but three times.

People realise this penalty is up there with past gambling indiscretions right? Calls for multiple years bans etc are laughable.

Does anyone really believe it was just 3x$12 bets? In his presser he says he doesnt gamble on much on anything except spring carnival, yet he is so well versed about multis? Nah, he has a bigger problem. He's lucky hes been pinged for the minor bets.

And all this negotiated settlement bs is just code word for coverup. We will never know the truth.

Does anyone really believe it was just 3x$12 bets? In his presser he says he doesnt gamble on much on anything except spring carnival, yet he is so well versed about multis? Nah, he has a bigger problem. He's lucky hes been pinged for the minor bets.

And all this negotiated settlement bs is just code word for coverup. We will never know the truth.

Well versed about multis? Average Joe can get onto his online gambling account and be greeted with all kinds of markets, then choose some and make a multi which looks as sophisticated as anything. In reality he would hardly have a clue what he's doing.

Well versed about multis? Average Joe can get onto his online gambling account and be greeted with all kinds of markets, then choose some and make a multi which looks as sophisticated as anything. In reality he would hardly have a clue what he's doing.

A novice gambler would not be betting on several leg multis. No newbie to gambling is doing that. Lol. Thats just ridiculous. Combining goals kicked, possessions by a certain player among other things in his multi leg, yeah sounds like someone who just learnt how to bet. Dont be foolish. And if he had no clue of what he was doing, he wouldnt have said to Howe after the team song, "You cost me my multi." Means he was acutely aware of what cost him the win at the time.

The details that emerged after his presser shows that he hasnt been entirely upfront. He's no doughy eyed innocent kid.

A novice gambler would not be betting on several leg multis.

It’s not rocket science to setup multi’s, the apps encourage you to place them by showing you the multi odds. Anyone with basic intelligence understands how they work. “Oh he used the term leg, what a sophisticated gambler!!”. Love seeing people dream up these complicated scenarios.

That doesn’t change the fact that Essendon got away with a negotiated outcome, whining the whole while.

I’m sure there was an, ‘accept or else’ component to this convenient length of Stephenson’s ban.

I repeat, it wasn't negotiated in any way.
What you call "whining" was expressing opposition and frustration at the exaggeration and falsehoods in the interim report which the afl wrote to itself and used to justify the charges and penalties. Essendon were given no opportunity to have those charges tested.

I love how it was a month ago he 'self-reported' to the club. Why did this take a month to come to light? hmmmm:think:

We had some big games. Good work by the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With all the gambling ads and infomercials, the poisonous inundation, and seeing some ex stars providing gambling tips, the AFL itself and media outlets sanctioning and earning money from the industry, under fake and BS premises in the AFL's case, is it any wonder.

If your father smokes, but tells you not to, what will resonate? The words or the behaviour? Therein lies the 10 commandment paradox - as soon as you proscribe behaviour without changing it, you are on a loser, to quote a gambling term.

Quote gambling terms responsibly.

I repeat, it wasn't negotiated in any way.
What you call "whining" was expressing opposition and frustration at the exaggeration and falsehoods in the interim report which the afl wrote to itself and used to justify the charges and penalties. Essendon were given no opportunity to have those charges tested.
Cool test those charges present some evidence; wait, no, we’ve already shredded all the evidence.

The only falsehoods in the report was the severe understating of how badly Essendon had ****ed up

A novice gambler would not be betting on several leg multis. No newbie to gambling is doing that. Lol. Thats just ridiculous. Combining goals kicked, possessions by a certain player among other things in his multi leg, yeah sounds like someone who just learnt how to bet. Dont be foolish. And if he had no clue of what he was doing, he wouldnt have said to Howe after the team song, "You cost me my multi." Means he was acutely aware of what cost him the win at the time.

The details that emerged after his presser shows that he hasnt been entirely upfront. He's no doughy eyed innocent kid.

He knows how to combine different legs into a multi, like any gambler with access to a phone could. Newbies or more seasoned gamblers all make multi bets. Probably no point debating further with you if you can't accept that

The fact that Collingwood are allowed to go in and negotiate his suspension just shows how utterly laughable this competition is.

This is part of the bigger story. Other aspects are why was he not immediately stood down and why the Pies were able to retain points from matches he bet on.

The young fellas ears must just be decorative items and he clearly ignored the rules drummed into all recruits. He is incredibly lucky.

When Gale or Harley replace Baron Gil, I hope a root and branch review is conducted including on whether there were negotiations over the penalties. If true, those involved from both the AFL and Collingwood need to be expelled from the game.

Cool test those charges present some evidence; wait, no, we’ve already shredded all the evidence.

The only falsehoods in the report was the severe understating of how badly Essendon had ****** up

Look, we can have an exchange over the content of the interim report, and we aren't going to agree. So regardless of whether the report was a trumped up piece of propaganda or a valid report, the point is, there was no negotiation. The afl decided what the outcome was going to be before they started the investigation (based on misinformation from the ACC) and then rammed that down Esssendon's throat.
I'm not going to sit back and let people repeat the lies of 2013 as if somehow the passage of time has turned them into truth.

I love how it was a month ago he 'self-reported' to the club. Why did this take a month to come to light? hmmmm:think:

and allowed to play in the mean time.

the AFL is corrupt to the core.

Gillon has to be sacked, and some of his mates along with him at the end of the season if the competition wants to move forward, otherwise it'll risk being stagnant or worse, go backwards.

Whilst I have the utmost respect for Nathan Buckley, after listening to him on Whateley today I am totally bewildered.
And the fact that Gerard did not address the elephant in the room is derelict of him as a journalist.
Jaidyn Stephenson stated in a press conference yesterday that the sole reason that he "self reported" was due to the guilt he was starting to feel after placing the third bet.
It has since been revealed, and Buckley admitted as much, that he jokingly had a whinge to Jeremy Howe that one of his team mates had cost him a multi and Howe subsequently advised him to seek the council of Geoff Walsh.
That is hardly proof of feeling guilty.
Collingwood Football Club is well aware of this and the AFL is well aware of this, as are the general public today.
For Buckley to make the claim that Stephenson is to be commended for "self reporting" is an embarrassment to himself and the CFC.
For the AFL to know the circumstances and yet ignore them and once again sweep an issue under the carpet is almost corrupt.

The point being AFL players are not to bet on any AFL games, ever. They have it drilled into them from day dot yet this fool still did it. Multiple times.

I think we know that.

Its about punishment fitting the crime FFS. Especially with the AFL dishing out the punishment with their record with gambling.

Sanctimonious lot they are.

The AFL's integrity unit has investigated and found that there is no evidence that '**** people make up some ******** to suit their argument sometimes'.

Side note, "it's the AFL's fault for allowing gambling advertising" and "other issues exist" are some pretty sad deflections
Deflections? 😂🤣

This isn't a right/wrong situation where Stephenson is in the s**t and that's all that matters.

He's been punished, rightfully so. I don't know of anyone who thinks he shouldn't have been. He's an absolute dickhead and the majority of the Collingwood fanbase - at least those I've seen and talked to - are filthy on the kid for being a careless moron. I even know of some who think he should've gotten a longer spell.

But if you think that's where the discussion ends and that we shouldn't be talking about things AFL's relationship with gambling or the overall issue of gambling in sport - including athletes - then you're either wilfully ignorant or completely naive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back