Israel Folau - HIGHEST PAID PLAYER in the AFL. What a joke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah nah. Will become communist China any day due to such complacency

Victoria has a bill of rights. How is that going for you?

Have you felt your freedom from surveillance; of behaviors modification when you've been at the footy lately? Of course not. Little bits of paper don't protect the innocent, they protect the privileged and the desperate.

Even after only about ten years it is already out of date, doesn't work, makes little sense and has no consequences. Guess which group of people the Charter of rights is being used by and protecting most?

Is it the underprivileged?

The poor? Disabled? Who do you recon it is helping?

The first two reports on how it was going answered "90% of the claims of rights violations are by people in prison, or charged" (i'm paraphrasing.)

Already people want to add a bit here and there, push their own barrow, tweak it. It will end up with 700 conflicting 'principles' just stuffing everyone up.

Hey Ron, imagine two Collingwood supporters. A male and female. The love each other very much. They go to their Trailer, shut the door, draw the curtain, and root like mad.

Now I know that this bothers me.

But I don't think I have any reason or right to be involved in any way about what they should or should do in their lives. There is NO direct involvement or impact upon me, of any significance. Mainly just in my imagination.

Yes I feel slightly Ill now.

Am opposed to homosexuality rather than specific homosexuals and don't believe it's something that should be promoted, but that's a whole other discussion that's been done before.

Have you felt your freedom from surveillance; of behaviors modification when you've been at the footy lately? Of course not. Little bits of paper don't protect the innocent, they protect the privileged and the desperate.

Even after only about ten years it is already out of date, doesn't work, makes little sense and has no consequences. Guess which group of people the Charter of rights is being used by and protecting most?

The first two reports on how it was going answered "90% of the claims of rights violations are by people in prison, or charged" (i'm paraphrasing.)

Already people want to add a bit here and there, push their own barrow, tweak it. It will end up with 700 conflicting 'principles' just stuffing everyone up.
That BOR can be overridden with legislation because it is an Act of Parliament

Different when it’s in a Constitution limiting acts of parliament ...yeah?

Id imagine you dont know any one in life who is gay and you have a relationship with personally, friends or family?

Put it this way - I don't have acquaintances who talk about their homosexuality openly in my presence. And that's the way I like it. If you're gay, I don't wanna know. It's none of my business, and it's none of your business to make it my business.

PS: BORs can include more than just civil and political rights. They can also include economic rights and cultural rights (unlike the US one)

Put it this way - I don't have acquaintances who talk about their homosexuality openly in my presence. And that's the way I like it. If you're gay, I don't wanna know. It's none of my business, and it's none of your business to make it my business.
Kinda sad that you don’t want to grow as a person and stay a bigot all your life

Hopefully one day you can feel to accept your friends as they are.

and that’s coming from a straight person

I have a few friends who I suspect are Richmond supporters but I don't support their lifestyle choice and I'm glad they don't talk about it around me.

Well I don't approve of homosexuality, for reasons stated in previous discussions. Call the cops.
The acts that homosexuals partake in, or the homosexual as a person? Say, if somebody was gay but was celibate fir example. Is it just the act that you disapprove of really?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The acts that homosexuals partake in, or the homosexual as a person? Say, if somebody was gay but was celibate fir example. Is it just the act that you disapprove of really?

Don't want to repeat that discussion again. It's off topic anyway. Also don't want to repeat anything that prompts spiteful responses.

Just exploring where people think the line is, since my opinion is hardly unique.

Don't want to repeat that discussion again. It's off topic anyway. Also don't want to repeat anything that prompts spiteful responses.

Just exploring where people think the line is, since my opinion is hardly unique.
Sorry, I haven't read through the thread, but was just curious with the word "approve". If it's not approving of the acts they do in private, fair enough. But it came across as you disapproved of them as people. I read on and found out you didn't mean it as in the individual person.

That BOR can be overridden with legislation because it is an Act of Parliament

Different when it’s in a Constitution limiting acts of parliament ...yeah?

what I'm suggesting is that Bills of Rights don't protect anything that they intended to protect, and end up just helping the privileged (who can afford to pursue their rights), and the incarcerated, who get the state to pursue their complaints.

Doesn't matter if it is above or within an act of Parliament, they go stale, out of date and don't work.

Nice idea though.

How deluded is this bloke

*expects an apology when he has breached his contract

*expects a big pay out

* compares homosexuality to drug addicts

* feels he has been vilified for his beliefs by RA

This guy headspace is on another planet...delusional

he's approaching hirdy levels of delusion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back