Our next coach

Who should be our next coach?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then according to Judd it is either Scott, Lyon, Hinkley, Voss, Ratten or Horse...
Don’t think the selection panel (and by extension the board) will have the courage to make anything other than a safe decision.

The only thing Roos has said lately which had me sit up and listen was when he stated Carlton should think outside the box and look at a setup involving noble from brisbane and surround him with an experienced head and bright, hungry types....ala fagen.

Just a question. By the time we reach the end of the season Teague will have coached this club for 11 games. If we remain as competitive as we've been and he actually shows that he can overcome our habit of poor starts is he really regarded then has having trainer wheels on?

I don't think so.

And just a point, over the last 20 years only two coaches have won a premiership after having coached another club in the AFL and both of those (Mathews and Malthouse) had coached a premiership before. Who out of a list of Scott Lyon, Hinkley, Voss have coached to a flag, so why would we see any of these as the messiah.

Longmire is one that has, although I'm lukewarm at best on him, also lukewarm on Scott but do not want Lyon, Hinkley and, most particularly, Voss.

I just don't see any of those being an upgrade on Teague if my first paragraph happens.

Worth remembering that the Swans had already signed Terry Wallace before player power forced them to give the job to Roos. I would not rule that out.

On ya Juddy !! Way to motivate the interim coach !!
I would agree except for the fact that I am sure that Teague is classed as experienced.
So therefore Judd is not talking about him at all. He would be talking about complete unknowns.
But again I say Judd said nothing beyond a couple of cliches.

I would agree except for the fact that I am sure that Teague is classed as experienced.
So therefore Judd is not talking about him at all. He would be talking about complete unknowns.
But again I say Judd said nothing beyond a couple of cliches.
Didn't watch FC but surely Caro Hutchy one of these idjiots would have asked Juddy after the training wheel comment do you see Teague in that category (training wheels needed) ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Longmire would be a great get, will it happen? 99% not but he's a guy that has shown he can get a young team going and has the points in the bank by coaching a flag team as well, tick from me.

I think Longmire would be a great get, will it happen? 99% not but he's a guy that has shown he can get a young team going and has the points in the bank by coaching a flag team as well, tick from me.
I like the idea of Longmire too

If Teagues on training wheels its a carbon fibre framed sprint bike.

As opposed to a Ross Lyon bent frame clowns tricycle or a Brad Scott scooter with flat tyres.
This all the way.
Hopefully the club doesn't forget that Lyon, Clarkson, Eade, Longmuir (however you spell it) Scott and the rest were all inexperienced coaches at one stage.. Teague has had a great apprenticeship as an assistant. He's shown he can match day coach. He just needs to show now we can start a game.

Teague clearly outcoached Ross Lyon. With both captains, Charlie, Harry, and Cuningham out, he still conjured up a win. Going over to Perth, there was no reason to suggest we should have won that game.

While I don’t like the part where we are letting teams get the jump on us, Teague is showing a great ability to get the most out of this side. The players clearly respect him and are playing for him.

Surely Teague is better than seasoned coaches like Lyon and Scott whose teams have underperformed in the last few years. Voss was called crazy Voss for a reason. Was a disaster at Brisbane and I also don’t think he has Port’s midfield playing good consistency. Great great player but not all great players are good coaches.

I just can’t see how any of those three would be better than Teague.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back