Coach So you want Voss gone? Who will replace him and why would they want to coach Carlton?

Here are a few assistant coaches going around at the moment. Plus a few others. What do you think?

• Scott Burns (Crows)

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Blake Caracella (ESS)

Votes: 21 12.4%
  • Justin Leppitsch (Filth)

Votes: 14 8.3%
  • Josh Fraser (Filth)

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Josh Carr (Port)

• Brendon Lade (Dogs)

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Kade Simpson (Hawks)

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Nigel Lappin (Geelong)

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Dean Cox (Swans)

• Adam Yze ( Melb)

Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Don Pyke

Votes: 46 27.2%
  • Chocco Williams

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Nathan Buckley

• Ken Hinkley

• Adam Simpson

• Stuart Dew

• Leon Cameron

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Brett Ratten

Votes: 22 13.0%
  • Damien Hardwick

Votes: 41 24.3%
  • John Worsfold

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Paul Roos

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Brent Momgomery

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We know the coaching staff are inconsistent and had a flawed game plan.
We don't really know this though insofar as to what extent were the players perhaps not buying in to the plan, or the players wanting to play a different way (who knows, just saying we don't know what was driving how we played earlier v currently)

I think that we replaced the pre-bye Voss with the Voss from pre-bye last year. In the offseason, I think that we're send pre-bye 2022 Voss and post-bye 2023 Voss to CERN and loading them into the LHC and try and smash them together to make a 2024 Voss that is the best of the pre-bye and post-bye Voss's and hopefully have a Voss who can win all 23 games next year.

We have a top 4 list and we have played like a bottom 4 side for a large chunk of the season.

You mean in your opinion we have a top 4 list, as most thought we were a bottom half of the 8 side

And unless you are in the innersanctum, you wouldn't have a clue as to the capabilities of our coaches

I know you have these reoccurring periods of frustration, but why now, when we are playing our best footy in 18 months?

I think you can only say you have a top 4 list when, at the end of the h&A, you are top 4.
Right now all you could say is that we may have been underperforming with the players we had available at the time (a situation which has changed somewhat) and now we’re going better.

I’m not convinced this is a great list at all but it helps when key elements (McGovern, Cuningham and Martin ) are all fit and playing great football.

We have a talented list, but:
1) lots of players haven't been in form (eg Walsh for his first bunch of games, Cripps has been nowhere near his 2022 form)
2) our entries into the forwardline were flawed, going long way too often instead of finding a leading player
1) Player form isn't the coaches fault. palyers have injuries, have dips in form...it's part of life
2) Our ball movement and F50 entries I think were largely a coaching/strategy issue. I'd love to see someone like Durdin and Fisher playing the current style. Look at how much better Motlop has looked!?

I can't agree with those saying that coaching was not at least partially to blame. But at the same time now that we seem to have got it right, the coaches deserve all the props. Especially given how many injuries we're dealing with.

Um...............
Um….. you realise we should be cemented in the top 4..

Premiership window opened last year for this list. Voss has achieved nothing with one of, if not the best list in the comp.

A few acceptable h&a games in a row is nothing. There’s 1 success and 17 failures each year, remember that.

Premiership window opened last year for this list. Voss has achieved nothing with one of, if not the best list in the comp.

A few acceptable h&a games in a row is nothing. There’s 1 success and 17 failures each year, remember that.
Why would we bother to commit to memory some random person's perspective on things?

So you would consider us making a grand final this year as a failure?

It's bizarre that you still think that Ross Lyon was still our best option and that you are so firmly entrenched in your opposition to Voss that you can't get any enjoyment of the joyous football that we are currently playing.

I have absolutely no idea if our assistants are any good or not, but I hope Cook and others do and I hope we go out and try to get the best assistants possibly available.

So you would consider us making a grand final this year as a failure?

It's bizarre that you still think that Ross Lyon was still our best option and that you are so firmly entrenched in your opposition to Voss that you can't get any enjoyment of the joyous football that we are currently playing.
The definition is black and white. Losing the grand final, that’s a failure. I don’t see how that’s controversial.

This team is in its premiership window and only just ahead of the ledger. Let’s see if they start patting themselves on the back before the h&a season is over like last year.

The definition is black and white. Losing the grand final, that’s a failure. I don’t see how that’s controversial.

This team is in its premiership window and only just ahead of the ledger. Let’s see if they start patting themselves on the back before the h&a season is over like last year.
So if the sun's make a final for the first time but dont win a flag that's a failure? Your definition is rubbish, you can have a successful season without winning a flag.

By your definition the bloke that you wanted to coach us (Ross Lyon) is one of the great failures of all time. Umpteen seasons coaching, numerous grand finals and nil premierships.

You sound like a sad soulless person who only gets any joy from complaining about things on an internet forum. I'm 63 and have seen 8 premierships but my joy last Friday night was huge. Just roll with it and enjoy it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if the sun's make a final for the first time but dont win a flag that's a failure? Your definition is rubbish, you can have a successful season without winning a flag.

By your definition the bloke that you wanted to coach us (Ross Lyon) is one of the great failures of all time. Umpteen seasons coaching, numerous grand finals and nil premierships.

You sound like a sad soulless person who only gets any joy from complaining about things on an internet forum. I'm 63 and have seen 8 premierships but my joy last Friday night was huge. Just roll with it and enjoy it.
Yes. 1 team succeeds and 17 fail every year. That’s just reality.

Doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy progress along the way and watching a team get the best out of themselves. But at the end of the season one team will achieve success and 17 will fail to achieve success. Simple.

Doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy progress along the way and watching a team get the best out of themselves. But at the end of the season one team will achieve success and 17 will fail to achieve success. Simple.
Then, once again, why do you believe that the ultimate failure (by your measuring standards) Ross Lyon should be our coach?

How about give it a rest.

wonder if any other board has a resident genius...........

Interesting statement

Also interested in what mechanisms you used to determine premiership windows

So that means we are yet to determine the 17 failures, even if the sides that finish in the top 4 miss winning the flag

Then, once again, why do you believe that the ultimate failure (by your measuring standards) Ross Lyon should be our coach?
Don’t want to go around in circles because I will probably get muted again.

If I could go back in time and make the decision I would swap for Lyon in a heartbeat because he gets the best out of his players. Proven by numbers.

That will be my opinion until Voss shows he can get this team performing to their potential for more than a purple patch in the regular season.

What do you care....you boycotted the club a few months back.

Don’t want to go around in circles because I will probably get muted again.

If I could go back in time and make the decision I would swap for Lyon in a heartbeat because he gets the best out of his players. Proven by numbers.

That will be my opinion until Voss shows he can get this team performing to their potential for more than a purple patch in the regular season.
But he's failed every year of his career? At least Voss won premierships as a player. Lyon has been in football since 1985 and has failed every season based on your metric of success.

No it isn't. It's complete naivety.

Tell that to anyone who has played any sport at the highest level and they'll laugh at you. Rightly so, too.

Suggest you watch this for some perspective:

Back