Coach So you want Voss gone? Who will replace him and why would they want to coach Carlton?

Here are a few assistant coaches going around at the moment. Plus a few others. What do you think?

• Scott Burns (Crows)

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Blake Caracella (ESS)

Votes: 21 12.4%
  • Justin Leppitsch (Filth)

Votes: 14 8.3%
  • Josh Fraser (Filth)

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Josh Carr (Port)

• Brendon Lade (Dogs)

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Kade Simpson (Hawks)

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Nigel Lappin (Geelong)

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Dean Cox (Swans)

• Adam Yze ( Melb)

Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Don Pyke

Votes: 46 27.2%
  • Chocco Williams

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Nathan Buckley

• Ken Hinkley

• Adam Simpson

• Stuart Dew

• Leon Cameron

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Brett Ratten

Votes: 22 13.0%
  • Damien Hardwick

Votes: 41 24.3%
  • John Worsfold

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Paul Roos

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Brent Momgomery

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If you can't see any benefit in bringing someone like belly-ache over in some capacity then u are pretty small minded.
Selwood made the switch to rugby league as Storm's leadership coach. Just another example of why they have been so successful and ahead of the curve.
On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I just think what we need is the best people that know AFL not cheerleaders from outside.
If thats small minded so be it.
And Selwood would know a lot about ducking the head...............;)

Cook doesn't need to extend his contract to align with the timeframe of a plan or strategy

No organisation does this, as it's more about a shared vision, and others take the baton to drive that strategy

And, no reason to currently doubt Cook's credentials, given what he achieved at both WC and Cats
The statement that organisations generally do not align a manager's contract duration with the timeframe of his/her objectives is just false.

I just think what we need is the best people that know AFL not cheerleaders from outside.
If thats small minded so be it.
And Selwood would know a lot about ducking the head...............;)

Cheerleaders would be good though too

hands up cheerleaders GIF by Poms

I read this thread and some people think the problem is the assistant coaches.

Who are these assistant coaches that are going to turn Voss from a bottom 5 coach (being generous) in the league to a top 5 coach?

If an assistant coach can do that, you may as well make him the head coach.

The head coach decides the game plan and how it's going to be implemented. Assistant coaches are there to help implement the game plan. That's why when a new coach comes he usually brings a few assistants that he knows.

Every team has injuries, yet ours seem to cripple us more than others.. perhaps we just look for excuses more than others.. A coach job is to work with the cattle they have, our system rightfully should be designed around our 2 big guys, not reliant on a few bit part small forwards.

This is list structure rather than coaching.

I think we saw the difference on Sunday.

Lots more run and creativity through the middle and forward parts of the ground today. A few of those plays by Martin only one or two others on the list are capable of making.

Cuninghsm, Fogarty, etc. along the wings and half forward open the game up for the likes of Kennedy, Walsh and Cripps.

Until last week we'd been relying on a second year player super low on confidence to give us this.(Motlop) and a third year player who has been struggling (Durdin) I have confidence in both coming good but it will come with the likes of Martin and Cuners next to them.

Re-signing TDK and adding a couple more of these types is the priority this coming player movement period. Find a potential long term replacement for McGovern to combine with Weitering and Kemp.

Funny how much better we look with a balanced 22 playing with intent. Funny how much better the coaching looks.

Lots more run and creativity through the middle and forward parts of the ground today. A few of those plays by Martin only one or two others on the list are capable of making.

Cuninghsm, Fogarty, etc. along the wings and half forward open the game up for the likes of Kennedy, Walsh and Cripps.

Until last week we'd been relying on a second year player super low on confidence to give us this.(Motlop) and a third year player who has been struggling (Durdin) I have confidence in both coming good but it will come with the likes of Martin and Cuners next to them.

Re-signing TDK and adding a couple more of these types is the priority this coming player movement period. Find a potential long term replacement for McGovern to combine with Weitering and Kemp.

Funny how much better we look with a balanced 22 playing with intent. Funny how much better the coaching looks.
True. We had a lot of people calling for mixing up type in the midfield. Too mNy in amd unders...Hewett out. What becomes of him?

True. We had a lot of people calling for mixing up type in the midfield. Too mNy in amd unders...Hewett out. What becomes of him?
He’s not costing us much salary cap wise and he seems like a good clubman. He’s a much better depth option and his ability to play multiple positions without a fuss is a great asset. Keep!

The structure, so called, doesn't create hardness at the ball and general intensity.

Reality is Voss took way too long to swing significant changes.....when there were very viable options.

Ed C, JSOS, Motlop all gifted numerous games when clearly very out of form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We won't resign TDK...

Love the rest of this post

He’s not costing us much salary cap wise and he seems like a good clubman. He’s a much better depth option and his ability to play multiple positions without a fuss is a great asset. Keep!
Another 2yrs on the contract after 2023. We’ll be keeping, same with quite a few others with the L/T’s unless trades are to our favour.

Would prefer Roger as the backhand coach personally but he would not come cheap. :think:

He could single handedly turn us around IMO :thumbsu:

If we want to spend even more money we could pay for Djokovic the GOAT to retire early and join our coaching panel instead. Maybe with some goaty moves our players could catch that flag 17.

Ash Hansen came with huge wraps, but he is our forward line / offensive coach which has been a complete disaster.. if a coach needs to go it should be him first, I would then bring in Steve Johnson to replace him. Tim Clarke is our mids coach and another area which has failed miserably, his cv is fairly underwhelming, we should be targeting Dean Cox to take over this role and the senior assistant.

Yeah but Steve Johnson would have the whole team attempting to kick bananas from every conceivable angle and even directly in front. 😂

If we want to spend even more money we could pay for Djokovic the GOAT to retire early and join our coaching panel instead. Maybe with some goaty moves our players could catch that flag 17.
I don’t think I can bare watching our players bounce the ball a thousand times in the one spot … we’re stagnant enough as it is lol

I read this thread and some people think the problem is the assistant coaches.

Who are these assistant coaches that are going to turn Voss from a bottom 5 coach (being generous) in the league to a top 5 coach?

If an assistant coach can do that, you may as well make him the head coach.

The head coach decides the game plan and how it's going to be implemented. Assistant coaches are there to help implement the game plan. That's why when a new coach comes he usually brings a few assistants that he knows.
Spot on but being very generous with bottom 5. Who’s worse?

Voss would take a country team and turn it into a rudderless ship.

Back