Coach So you want Voss gone? Who will replace him and why would they want to coach Carlton?

Here are a few assistant coaches going around at the moment. Plus a few others. What do you think?

• Scott Burns (Crows)

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Blake Caracella (ESS)

Votes: 21 12.4%
  • Justin Leppitsch (Filth)

Votes: 14 8.3%
  • Josh Fraser (Filth)

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Josh Carr (Port)

• Brendon Lade (Dogs)

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Kade Simpson (Hawks)

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Nigel Lappin (Geelong)

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Dean Cox (Swans)

• Adam Yze ( Melb)

Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Don Pyke

Votes: 46 27.2%
  • Chocco Williams

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Nathan Buckley

• Ken Hinkley

• Adam Simpson

• Stuart Dew

• Leon Cameron

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Brett Ratten

Votes: 22 13.0%
  • Damien Hardwick

Votes: 41 24.3%
  • John Worsfold

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Paul Roos

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Brent Momgomery

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Every team has injuries, yet ours seem to cripple us more than others.. perhaps we just look for excuses more than others.. A coach job is to work with the cattle they have, our system rightfully should be designed around our 2 big guys, not reliant on a few bit part small forwards.

I trust that after a full review Cook will do what sees as best for the club, one way or another, irrespective of media comments made mid season.

A hypothetical question for all and sundry.

Should the current performances / results continue till end of the season (I pray they don't) and Voss were available to fill another team's vacant senior coaching position, if you were CEO of one of the other 17 teams, would he be on your list to be interviewed?
Cooks contract is up in 2024.

If Cook is going to do the review, and set another plan in place (mind you they only just released a 5yr plan in Feb), should we expect that Cook extends his contract for duration of that plan?

Seem a lot of faith in Cook in here, but in reality, if he is the saviour, we need a commitment

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

Cooks contract is up in 2024.

If Cook is going to do the review, and set another plan in place (mind you they only just released a 5yr plan in Feb), should we expect that Cook extends his contract for duration of that plan?

Seem a lot of faith in Cook in here, but in reality, if he is the saviour, we need a commitment

Cook doesn't need to extend his contract to align with the timeframe of a plan or strategy

No organisation does this, as it's more about a shared vision, and others take the baton to drive that strategy

And, no reason to currently doubt Cook's credentials, given what he achieved at both WC and Cats

Be weary of the burnt out coach. Again

Dimma looking more and more like he made the right call to step away and to see if McQualter had the chops to be a head coach. They've certainly responded with the change.

Would happily take him in a senior assistant role but would move cautiously with replacing Vossy with him.
I'm not convinced by Hardwick either.
To me, is another typical Carlton messiah response.

We need to replace Voss, and the assistants, with a group of smart football people. Similar to what Collingwood did and spread the soft cap investment.

Pouring the soft cap into 1 senior coach, will only see further pain I think. The success of Hardwick at Richmond, was the empowering of those around him...

I'm not convinced by Hardwick either.
To me, is another typical Carlton messiah response.

We need to replace Voss, and the assistants, with a group of smart football people. Similar to what Collingwood did and spread the soft cap investment.

Pouring the soft cap into 1 senior coach, will only see further pain I think. The success of Hardwick at Richmond, was the empowering of those around him...

Get yze

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Postecoglou and Bellamy….I’m deadly serious
If he ever became available, I would love to get Bellamy in some form at Carlton . This guy gets results full stop. He is a quality person that has cultivated success for the last 20 years. Possibly as a mentor and development coach. Melbourne storms player development program is world class. I don't think there has been any player under their system that hasn't improved. The guy is a gun.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Possibly Ash Hansen will evenually be coach

i dont see a quick turn around,however i am surprised we have been this bad...mind you we had to fight very hard for any of the wins for so far against low teams,that was the case last year as well...
am not surprised Voss has not produced wonderful results....but he might group them together and make them a bit more responsible ,and instill some fight,some mongrel he has that, a lot of it...Lions had mongrel even when very poor for a long time,that is their foundation

maybe this club should realise that as well.....thats all

Possibly Ash Hansen will evenually be coach

i dont see a quick turn around,however i am surprised we have been this bad...mind you we had to fight very hard for any of the wins for so far against low teams,that was the case last year as well...
am not surprised Voss has not produced wonderful results....but he might group them together and make them a bit more responsible ,and instill some fight,some mongrel he has that, a lot of it...Lions had mongrel even when very poor for a long time,that is their foundation

maybe this club should realise that as well.....thats all

Why would you want a guy that is responsible for the forward line as our coach?
Have you seen how our forward line functions? Is it all purely Voss directives?
For a start a bunch of ex great forwards have all said McKay is coached badly.

Imho
Terrible Idea!!!!!
I can't take any more terrible ideas.
Even reading this hurts my tummy.
Off my oats now.:(

Would like to see how our attack performs with Martin and Cuninghsm healthy before we write Hansen off.

We have lacked for pace and creativity (and therefore hurt factor) all season on the rings and small to medium forward roles. Motlop and Durdin have a chance of being the future but aren't close yet especially when they've been low on confidence and support. I argue that the way the AFL is played these days those facets are a mandatory complement of the gameplan.

Although wasteful we were energised in the second 1uatter last week when Martin was firing. He didn't have the legs to continue it but it was a very pleasing sign.

Things will change quickly if we get the right cattle fit and healthy from both within the club this season and via recruiting at year end.
Pretty certain as other posters have mentioned major problem has been the overall game plan with extra players in the back half which is contributing to our large stat numbers, but no structure either kicking directly to the opposition or being outnumbered in our front half, until this changes we are going to continue to be dangerous in our front half, more attacking & less numbers in the back half.

If he ever became available, I would love to get Bellamy in some form at Carlton . This guy gets results full stop. He is a quality person that has cultivated success for the last 20 years. Possibly as a mentor and development coach. Melbourne storms player development program is world class. I don't think there has been any player under their system that hasn't improved. The guy is a gun.

Doubtful old Bellyache switches codes. Most likely transitions to director of coaching at the Storm with Jason Ryles taking over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would you want a guy that is responsible for the forward line as our coach?
Have you seen how our forward line functions? Is it all purely Voss directives?
For a start a bunch of ex great forwards have all said McKay is coached badly.

Imho
Terrible Idea!!!!!
I can't take any more terrible ideas.
Even reading this hurts my tummy.
Off my oats now.:(
This is one of the reasons we can't get quality assistants across. Come highly rated and reputation gets shredded.

yeah and lets get Pat Cash to help with our backhand

and Kylie Minogue for dance moves

Can't see the logic here

If they come highly rated and perform to potential then CFC is winning and their reputations are enhamced
The logic is Hansen is viewed as a failure due to how the forward line is going, not the overall game plan that influences it, quality or entries from the other lines, troops available etc. I think it mainly rests with how Voss is bringing it all together.

This is one of the reasons we can't get quality assistants across. Come highly rated and reputation gets shredded.
But surely he is terrible?
Who's fault is it that Hazza,and now Charlie's goal kicking confidence is way down? That,Hazza apparently hasn't been instructed in what goal kicking greats call basic and essential tecnique? That our small forawards have declined in ability to shoot goals? Obviously game plan and Voss but also line coaches...surely?

But surely he is terrible?
Who's fault is it that Hazza,and now Charlie's goal kicking confidence is way down? That,Hazza apparently hasn't been instructed in what goal kicking greats call basic and essential tecnique? That our small forawards have declined in ability to shoot goals? Obviously game plan and Voss but also line coaches...surely?
Well he was viewed as a strong asset last year. Voss has gone with his 'hold' power button pre season and the entire offensive side of our game has been destroyed. I'd be looking at the boss as not being smart enough for the main job, judging assistants based on the sides performance is too difficult from the outside.

Well he was viewed as a strong asset last year. Voss has gone with his 'hold' power button pre season and the entire offensive side of our game has been destroyed. I'd be looking at the boss as not being smart enough for the main job, judging assistants based on the sides performance is too difficult from the outside.
It's so hard to take.
20 mins in to this week And same old sick feeling.
I'll add so far...a smidge of hope because I am an idiot.

Last edited:
yeah and lets get Pat Cash to help with our backhand

and Kylie Minogue for dance moves
If you can't see any benefit in bringing someone like belly-ache over in some capacity then u are pretty small minded.
Selwood made the switch to rugby league as Storm's leadership coach. Just another example of why they have been so successful and ahead of the curve.

Last edited:
If you can't see any benefit in bringing someone like belly-ache over in some capacity then u are pretty small minded.
Selwood made the switch to rugby league as Storm's leadership coach. Just another example of why they have been so successful and ahead of the curve.
Selwood wouldn't have fken clue about either rugby code mate .

Back