Roast Strip the captaincy

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair, either or both could have striven to hit some form instead of just shrugging off any responsibility.

Dom may not have been the best player or leader we ever had but he always took his responsibilities seriously. I don't remember ever questioning whether he should be captain.

Dom was named captain and given that responsibility

That's true for neither TJ or wines

The first thing I think of when I see that tripe from our 'co-captain' is ...

View attachment 710463

I like how it even mentions the prospect of your captain being a no hoper. It's almost like a prophecy.
If it's such a prophecy how come there isn't "(s)" next to the word captain? Couldn't even predict that haha.

Sums up the commitment really:

Gets rid of 150 year tradition for a guy who ‘lives life’ rather than be prepared for the season.

Yes I know this was probably taken during his time off- but his post is in reaction to Ollie doing his shoulder whilst in the business end of pre-season. So I feel the standard is pretty well set from this post.

At the same time as the club is calling on members to cough up their hard earned cash!

Sums up the commitment really:

Gets rid of 150 year tradition for a guy who ‘lives life’ rather than be prepared for the season.

Yes I know this was probably taken during his time off- but his post is in reaction to Ollie doing his shoulder whilst in the business end of pre-season. So I feel the standard is pretty well set from this post.

At the same time as the club is calling on members to cough up their hard earned cash!
Ok the coach is not getting what is required out of the players week in week out but yes where does their personal responsibility lie?
Yes I could be way off the mark, and if I am I apologise to the players but they give the impression that they aren’t willing to put in the commitment required to challenge for a Premiership. It feels like near enough is good enough for them and lifestyle is just as important to them. A few of them will look back at this time in their short careers in years to come and wonder what could have been if they had been willing to do what it takes.
It is Boak I feel for.
A lot of the rest of them should hang their heads in shame.
Our two captains, well they are nice blokes but really, do they have the drive?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pathetic. Give it to Houston next year.

Even he's been bog average over the last month since the role change. Hinkley took our two best defenders in the first half of this year in Houston and Howard and turned them into a s**t midfielder and a s**t forward respectively. But muh flexibility

Has the 6-6-6 rule exposed Jonas? He looked crap in pre-season and hasn't got going.

We were the 2nd best defence in the league with 10 players back at centre bounces.
Spent too many years learning to defend with extras has killed any 1-on-1 nous we could have instilled into our key defenders.

Has the 6-6-6 rule exposed Jonas? He looked crap in pre-season and hasn't got going.

We were the 2nd best defence in the league with 10 players back at centre bounces.

Has significantly impacted on Westhoff’s game too.

Is it in the rules we have to have captain? Can we just go with out? Maybe even do it like kids footy where everyone gets a turn.

At least that way our best players don’t either turn to s**t or have season ending injuries as they all seem to do when made captain.

What was that finger pointing to Howard about after he kicked it to a contest which was more to the advantage of the Richmond player it and came back sailing over his head for a goal. To make the mistake and then try to put it on Howard. Wow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back