FTA-TV Masterchef 2019

JamisonRun40

Norm Smith Medallist
May 26, 2013
Nollamara, WA
AFL Club
Carlton
Um, Christina, as a professional chef, you are working 6 or 7 days a week for low pay and long hours. You don't know the first thing about sacrifice.

This should be directed at all contestants who enter into the competition not just Christina. All of them have cushy jobs and would not know what it is like to work 12 hrs a day. Nicole works in HR FFS.

Pretty clear which are the judges' favourites. Simon makes the same crap he made earlier in the season, as does Larissa. No inventiveness in what Simon makes but the judges go bananas over his dish. Why am I watching this?

Pretty clear which are the judges' favourites. Simon makes the same crap he made earlier in the season, as does Larissa. No inventiveness in what Simon makes but the judges go bananas over his dish. Why am I watching this?

iT's been pretty obvious since about week 3 who are in the final 4- Larissa, Tessa, Simon, and one of Nicole/Prince Harry

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Haven't watched much of this season as it's all a bit ho hum. Getting fed up that every time I do turn it someone (usually the same woman - Larissa?) is making **** ice cream. That's not even cooking. Tonight she's doing it again even though the chef told her not to.

Let me know if they ever have a week where they lock up the icecream makers..

There was an episode from last year or the year before where they took away all their cooking gadgets lol

And seriously T(im) Bone is the best name ever for a guy that loves his steaks

Poetic Justice

i will touch the sun or i will die trying
Wordler
Jun 21, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Might need to find one
And anushka an ice cream. It's a pretty big failure of their format that so many people get into the final few only being able to cook a particular kind of dish.

I get so frustrated year after year of the amount of ice creams, parfaits, granitas and broths that get people so far through the whole competition.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Last night was hilarious when they got to choose what they cook at the press club with the one secret ingredient:

George: those mushrooms are good.....those mushrooms are really good
Contestant: ill cook with mushrooms

George: that meat there is really good, wow look at that meat
Contestant: ill cook with that beautiful piece of meat

George: Look at those beautiful potatoes, id love to cook with those potatoes
Contestant: I think ill use potatoes

Judges are gagging for Larissa to win. I maintain that her dish was nowhere near as good as the dishes from Tessa and Nicole. It's a travesty Simon is in the top five, as he cannot cook to save himself.

And a big song and dance how George is closing the press club (or leaving) and no mention of why.......wouldn't have anything to do with being found guilty of underpaying employees over $8m?

I never ate at the Press Club, but I've been to Hellenic Republic a few times. It's good but not great food, especially for the price.

It's being reported that he underpaid his workers by $7.83 million, which is a significant gap compared to his company's announcement in April 2017 that it had underpaid 162 workers by $2.6 million due to "historically poor processes".

His company will have to make a $200,000 "contrition payment" and must also make a series of public statements to promote compliance with the Fair Work Act.

The Fair Work Ombudsman is investigating companies associated with Neil Perry, Guillaume Brahimi, Teage Ezard and Heston Blumenthal for underpaying staff.

Judges are gagging for Larissa to win. I maintain that her dish was nowhere near as good as the dishes from Tessa and Nicole. It's a travesty Simon is in the top five, as he cannot cook to save himself.

Nicole? Her dish was pretty average last night. Tessa, agreed. She should have won last night.

Nicole? Her dish was pretty average last night. Tessa, agreed. She should have won last night.

In my view, Nicole's dish was harder to make than Larissa's dish. Degree of difficulty should be taken into account, but it's pretty clear who the judges want to win.

Not to mention Larissa's cavalier attitude when talking to the "head chef" (technically George was acting in that capacity but not really). My best mate used to own a restaurant in Bridge Road about 15 years ago. If anyone in his kitchen called the head chef "mate", they would have been given a clip around the ears.

In my view, Nicole's dish was harder to make than Larissa's dish. Degree of difficulty should be taken into account, but it's pretty clear who the judges want to win.

Not to mention Larissa's cavalier attitude when talking to the "head chef" (technically George was acting in that capacity but not really). My best mate used to own a restaurant in Bridge Road about 15 years ago. If anyone in his kitchen called the head chef "mate", they would have been given a clip around the ears.

Tessa should have won anyway. However don’t take anything from Larissa that would have tasted amazing. I thought Nicole’s looked fairly bland actually- for mine she had the easiest course with the hero ingredient. All she did was an ice cream, bread/cookie and some chocolate mousse thing.

Poetic Justice

i will touch the sun or i will die trying
Wordler
Jun 21, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Might need to find one
If anyone in his kitchen called the head chef "mate", they would have been given a clip around the ears.

That's as if to say that anything they do on this show resembles the reality of kitchen life, right? :D

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Simon seems to have come off the boil, last couple haven't been that great but before that he was smashing it

Simon seems to have come off the boil, last couple haven't been that great but before that he was smashing it

No idea how he's lasted this long. So one dimensional. Has he cooked a dish that wasn't vegetarian for about 6 weeks?

Jun 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
No idea how he's lasted this long. So one dimensional. Has he cooked a dish that wasn't vegetarian for about 6 weeks?
there's still scope to cook plenty of different things in plenty of different ways without using meat.
are the others one dimensional because they dont cook vegetarian stuff?

there's still scope to cook plenty of different things in plenty of different ways without using meat.
are the others one dimensional because they dont cook vegetarian stuff?

He tried to cook meat last night and completely butchered it though. Most of the others can at least cook vegetables. 2 of the worst dishes this week have been his- last nights and that ridiculous porridge thing that looked like something my dog would get!

fair enough

I mean I'm actually mostly a vegetarian cook, I don't really cook with a lot of meat aside from when my family is over, my wife is vegetarian, so my cooking is usually that way, so I don't really cook meat dishes unless I have to. However, this is Masterchef. They should have to cook a range, its disappointing that as good as she is, we've see parfait, ice creams and what not from Larissa for a month. Now I'm not bagging her one bit, you play to your strengths, but it's disappointing you get contestants that skate by doing one thing. It'S been that sort of year though

Back