Round 23, 2 Sep 2012​
MCG​
Richmond drew with Port Adelaide​
106-106​
T. Cotchin 31​
J. Riewoldt 6​

Stream AFL Live to any device - 14 days free

Last edited:

This is the type of game Port win, or lose by 10 goals. I hope it's the latter.

We’ve played them 3 times at the MCG since they came into the competition (~20 years). We’ve played them 7-8 times at Adelaide Oval already, let alone at AAMI. Incredible given they started using Adelaide Oval in 2014.

We don’t deserve top 4 if we don’t put them to the sword this week. Their physical targeting of Neale was laughable. I’d be embarrassed if that was my club - particularly when you’re getting torched on the field.

Umpires will be paying close attention to their tactics given the run it’s getting in the media, they’d have to be stupid to try something similar again this week.

Can I just point out that we have played them at home just once in 7 years
It’s staggering, apparently we’ve played you guys a whopping 21 times (out of 31 meetings) in Adelaide since joining the AFL, easily more than any other side besides our neighbors. The only years that Port have not hosted the Tigers are 1998 & 2011. Would not be a bad thing if the Power were to go a few seasons without any home games against your mob

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s staggering, apparently we’ve played you guys a whopping 21 times (out of 31 meetings) in Adelaide since joining the AFL, easily more than any other side besides our neighbors. The only years that Port have not hosted the Tigers are 1998 & 2011. Would not be a bad thing if the Power were to go a few seasons without any home games against your mob
I don't see why the afl doesn't just properly rotate home games to make th3 fixture as fair as possible. Even allowing 1 constant double up for derbies etc it should be possible

We’ve played them 3 times at the MCG since they came into the competition (~20 years). We’ve played them 7-8 times at Adelaide Oval already, let alone at AAMI. Incredible given they started using Adelaide Oval in 2014.

We don’t deserve top 4 if we don’t put them to the sword this week. Their physical targeting of Neale was laughable. I’d be embarrassed if that was my club - particularly when you’re getting torched on the field.

Umpires will be paying close attention to their tactics given the run it’s getting in the media, they’d have to be stupid to try something similar again this week.
I think you'll find this is because Richmond don't want to host clubs like Port Adelaide with a small Victorian following.

And you will smash us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back