Hawthorn’s 2019 Trade/FA - Targets/Incoming players discussion only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where would Whitfield play in our side half back or Midfield.
Everywhere to be honest.

He can legit be an All Australian level half back/wing/half forward. Where ever we need him we could slot him in to that position and he would excel at it. I think having him as a high half forward would be ideal for us though and he can switch with Scully on to the wing when he needs a rest.

I hope theres a contingency plan for the Bigfooty servers because if that happens this place will go thermonuclear.
We’d be banned from any future trading for the next 5 drafts if we get Coniglio / Whitfield / Patton.

Anyways let’s see how Lachie fares this weekend without Coniglio, Kelly, Davis and De Boer. If we miss out on Coniglio and trade our future for Lachie then it very well might be something we’ll have to get used to. I’m still confident we’re get Coniglio so we’ll cross that bridge if it comes to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm getting excited, but think we need to temper expectations. BF servers could just as easily melt down if we don't land cogs or whitfield after this excitement.

Hard not to get carried away, but gee this board will implode if we only end up with bit-part player x from y club (even though they'll prob end up being as good as impey).

Whitfield would win a Brownlow under Clarkson. Pure class left and right side of his body and moves like Burgoyne in traffic.

Spot on - he's probably the best 'both-sided' player in the competition.

Imagine a fit and firing Coniglio, Patton and Whitfield in the Hawthorn line-up! :O

And if that doesn't get you erect, we have a top-10 draft pick this year, Finn Maginness, and reportedly two very promising NGA prospects in next years draft. Rebuild over.

Spot on - he's probably the best 'both-sided' player in the competition.

Imagine a fit and firing Coniglio, Patton and Whitfield in the Hawthorn line-up! :O

And if that doesn't get you erect, we have a top-10 draft pick this year, Finn Maginness, and reportedly two very promising NGA prospects in next years draft. Rebuild over.
Add Tom Mitchell too.

Everywhere to be honest.

He can legit be an All Australian level half back/wing/half forward. Where ever we need him we could slot him in to that position and he would excel at it. I think having him as a high half forward would be ideal for us though and he can switch with Scully on to the wing when he needs a rest.

So he would replace Burgs as our Mr Fixer

Both Whit and Cogs in the same trade period ain’t happening, foggettaboutit!

Look I am the last person to rain on this parade, BUT it was reaffirmed to me today the strategy that we are spending really significant time on is to go to the Draft this year with a player like Kemp with 8, Finn with a discounted second round. They think Kemp can become an Anderson. Try and take Lachy as a 2020 FA.
The other reason for this, is we have a potential nice problem for 2020, we have two players from our Academy, Downie (top1-5) and Sanganelli (not sure of the spelling)(currently rated by us where we have Finn this year, ie 15-25)
So GW has to have a strategy to get these two, so trading out collateral for next year not smart.

Also we have to use our first of this year or next in the DRAFT.

It is really fluid

Cogs, Patton and two quality kids like Finn and someone like Kemp will be sensational this year. Lachy and Downie plus in 2020 cream.

Use our later picks and player trades on some structural KP’s and other List gaps, plus FA for a player like Day.

Aggressive re-positioning of the List complete !!

The interesting twist in all the above could still be BHill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back