2nds Peel Thunder 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got a lot of the ball around the ground though, which is good.

More important i reckon. As long as he can hold his own in the ruck, you can learn enough to get the job done there. It's ability to contribute around the ground that matters more.

In our better periods this season in the AFL we had Lobb doing so-so in the ruck, but well around the ground and it was a win. Doubt Dixon is going to be that level, but if he's going to have any chance, he's got to learn to play that role. He's not going to make it as a pure fwd by the look.

More important i reckon. As long as he can hold his own in the ruck, you can learn enough to get the job done there. It's ability to contribute around the ground that matters more.

In our better periods this season in the AFL we had Lobb doing so-so in the ruck, but well around the ground and it was a win. Doubt Dixon is going to be that level, but if he's going to have any chance, he's got to learn to play that role. He's not going to make it as a pure fwd by the look.
Maybe not. But he needs an injury free run to give us a better idea.

The only spot for Banfield is as a tall tagging mid. Ie ling, Kirk or Crowley type. Not really prescision kicking but big enough to get the ball and get it forward while negating
Reminds me a lot of Matt Deboer in his final season of wafl footy. Very high numbers but never given a gig in the 1’s through the midfield but only played as a pressure forward. Which sounds very similar to Banfields role this year.
GWS have found a great role for him with a bit of creativity, perhaps Ross could start thinking outside the box like a modern coach & do the same?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back