2nds Peel Thunder 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Carter is made for the pressure forward, brave, quick ,good skills , tackles like a banshee.
Now he is on the main list I can't see any reason for him not to replace Switta.
Come on Ross you know it's the right move.

I said it earlier, I'd be amazed if we don't see him soon. Especially onece (if? ) finals become mathematically impossible. He'd be a season or so from being an AFL regular (do you think Salim?) , but he's got to get a taste this year.

I said it earlier, I'd be amazed if we don't see him soon. Especially onece (if? ) finals become mathematically impossible. He'd be a season or so from being an AFL regular (do you think Salim?) , but he's got to get a taste this year.

Wilson is limping, having injections and his form has been pedestrian.

What better time?

Carter is made for the pressure forward, brave, quick ,good skills , tackles like a banshee.
Now he is on the main list I can't see any reason for him not to replace Switta.
Come on Ross you know it's the right move.

I do really like the idea of Carter coming in. Don’t know who for at this stage. Not Switta IMO because Swits has a level of cleanliness and decision making that many in the team don’t have. I would have thought subject to Lobb’s availability we leave Sandi or Darcy at home and take Carter for some added pace on Marvel. Hell, throw him in the guts if necessary, he’s hard enough.

'Cause we really needed someone to step up into that 'defensive small forward that doesn't kick goals or lay tackles' role.
We certainly need someone there to kick goals my friend.
Your sarcasm isn’t warranted!

I do really like the idea of Carter coming in. Don’t know who for at this stage. Not Switta IMO because Swits has a level of cleanliness and decision making that many in the team don’t have. I would have thought subject to Lobb’s availability we leave Sandi or Darcy at home and take Carter for some added pace on Marvel. Hell, throw him in the guts if necessary, he’s hard enough.

It's hard for me to judge, that's why I'm interested in people who've seen him more. When I've seen him he still looks pretty light, that's why I think he'll struggle on that front.

If we're going to stick with 3 rucks, then what about bringing him in for Dardy? That's what I'm thinking.

It's hard for me to judge, that's why I'm interested in people who've seen him more. When I've seen him he still looks pretty light, that's why I think he'll struggle on that front.

If we're going to stick with 3 rucks, then what about bringing him in for Dardy? That's what I'm thinking.

We still need some sort of mobility up front for a tall target. Standing contested marks the sucks win. But there no leading to space at all and Darcy showed that on the weekend. Do we bring himin for cerra? He doesn't seem to be playing very well and just looks very slow with his decision making. He needs to reignite that elite kicking and decision making in the WAFL.

I haven't seen a thing of Carter at Peel, so I can't advocate for his senior selection with much integrity but all I know is from the under 18 carnival in 2018 and equivalent players.

Like for like he was comparable to Sydney Stack but probably not as clean, but I thought his attack on the ball was harder and Stack's hardness as translated (and some) to the AFL.

This opinion might be unwelcome but I think Ballantyne would offer more in the firsts than Switta. I love the latter's defensive game but he does zero in creating goals.

Ballantyne in would allow more midfield time for Walters, and I feel an in-form Matera relieves some of the crumbing pressure on him.

He wouldn't do much but he might be worth an extra goal or two, which always seems to be the difference in our games.

This opinion might be unwelcome but I think Ballantyne would offer more in the firsts than Switta. I love the latter's defensive game but he does zero in creating goals.

Ballantyne in would allow more midfield time for Walters, and I feel an in-form Matera relieves some of the crumbing pressure on him.

He wouldn't do much but he might be worth an extra goal or two, which always seems to be the difference in our games.
If we are finals bound, maybe. Otherwise Ross pretty much stamped his papers the other day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tson
Just checked peels schedule and saw there not playing this weekend with only 3 games on. Why would this happen and what match sim do the players now undertake
I think they play a full game match sim on the Saturday. Not sure why they still have a bye when the team numbers are now even. Maybe the clubs wanted a rest trough the season.

He would in terms of effort and results, but IMO we should play Sturt. The prize? Starting Rd 1 next year. Use his natural ability to win the ball and the contest. There's almost no downside to playing him for 5 games.

He would in terms of effort and results, but IMO we should play Sturt. The prize? Starting Rd 1 next year. Use his natural ability to win the ball and the contest. There's almost no downside to playing him for 5 games.
The club is clearly priming Carter, and I doubt if they would debut both Carter and Sturt at the same time. I do hope they both get games before the season is out, along with Valente.

THE BEST

Bailey Banfield:
Knocking down the door for an AFL call-up after another best-on-ground effort against East Fremantle. Used the ball wisely and finished the match with 30 possessions, seven marks, a whopping 12 tackles and two goals in an impressive all-round effort.

Tobe Watson: Continues to play soundly in defence, often against taller opponents, and deserves a chance in coming weeks at the elite level.

Mitch Crowden: One of the prime movers with 26 disposals, five marks and nine tackles.

Ryan Nyhuis: Confident performance in defence with 16 possessions and nine important marks.

THE REST

Travis Colyer:
Quiet early but got better the further the game went to gather 13 touches.

Hayden Ballantyne: No questioning the feisty small forward’s endeavour but the ball didn’t bounce his way often in a one-goal return.

Dillon O’Reilly: Finding his feet again at WAFL level after a year punctuated by injury and will get better in coming weeks.

Hugh Dixon: Thrust into the ruck and although outpointed at hit-outs by veteran big man Jon Griffin, fared well around the ground with 21 disposals and five marks.

Tom North: Useful contributor in bursts through the midfield.

Jason Carter: Wyndham speedster Carter was solid overall with 20 possessions, five marks and three inside 50s.

Sam Sturt: Another quiet day for the Victorian who has battled to regain his best form after being knocked out in round three.

Luke Valente: Effective at times with 12 disposals and six marks.

qnBSvID.png

0iKJJqd.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back