Autopsy AFL 2019 Round 18: Brisbane Lions vs. North Melbourne, 7:25pm AEST Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpires have a tough job and normally do a good job under the circumstances.

Tonight they did not. They choked. They ruined what was otherwise a great game as a neutral.

I don’t usually tip into these match day threads that become umpire bashing threads, but this has been an abject disgrace tonight.

With Brown and then McInerney me might go a long way to find two more incorrect decisions this season, and two decisions that better highlight some of our umpires complete disconnect from footy.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
One could say atleast they crossed each other out with 2 crud frees costing goals but noone wants to see that. Ive always said the umps got no idea when it comes to ruck contests tho.

That was hard to watch.

Brisbane got a ride in the 3rd (with some help from our blokes' stupidity). Then the umps even it out (this should not even be a concept but seems to occur weekly across all games). Then they pay two awful decisions, Brown and Thompson, to take the emotion out of what should have been a brilliant match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

except it didnt. They kicked another after the siren

It was a fair square up for Brown's gift. Plus the Lions had far more scoring shots. The better team won
Cmon mate, I know the bombers hate north but they were robbed tonight. Probably the most umpire influenced finish to a game since Fitzroy was robbed against Adelaide in the 90’s.

Just don’t understand the inconsistency. I’ve seen forwards literally push players in the back, get paid a mark and kick a goal. Thompson didn’t even have hands in back. Can someone here explain how that was a free?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back