List Mgmt. 2019/20 Trade/Delist/Re-sign Predictions/Opinion (now with TRADE RADIO)

Remove this Banner Ad

Very reliable source who has spoken to someone high up in the club says they are willing to trade players to get the youth/speed/skills we need
Let’s hope your info is correct, it’s this or fall off a cliff for the next few years. The club would know this.

If true (not doubting you) - lol.. ******* lol.. the draft they had last year sitting there waiting for moves to be made to get not only good players, but local ones.. combined with the picks we had to make more moves.. and they sat there and did what?

Scared club. Safe.
Safe, and also reactive rather than proactive. At the time they were probably still looking through the lens of the 2017 campaign too, which by now should be long gone.

It will be very interesting to see what they do in the trade period.

The Defense and Fwds have performed OK this year ......good depth coverage with Doedee back next season and McPherson / Hamill in the wings ...Fogarty / McAdam / Himmelberg / McHenry excellent forward coverage & hopefully Stengle can pull his finger out and get AFL fit, not McGovern type fit

Our issues have constantly been the midfield, ever since Danger left .....too much the same, too slow, too inconsistent, poor kicks ....this is the area the club must strip back and rebuild

Clearly the club has been aware as well ....our drafting emphasized speed

Time for some hard calls:

Trade
Matt Crouch .....no-one will ever tag Matt, his disposals are the most ineffectual, since Skipworth ....has no weapons at all

Rory Atkins ......when the games on the line, he always disappears

Relocate
Smith to the midfield is now a given

Sloane again too slow in 2nd halves ......needs to go back into DEF ....Jones to take his spot

Depth
Hartigan will be depth .....opposition always go thru his opponent & he simply gives away too many goals, versus the "odd" good game.
With Doedee back, no room for Hartigan

Delist
Douglas ....time has well & truly passed him by
Poholke ....
Mackay
Ottens
Jacobs (retired ??)

With trades and delisting ......that's 7 spots to fill ....Murphy will fill one spot & has been a revelation, the other will be CEY

Rookies
Delist ....Hunter, Wilson,

The Defense and Fwds have performed OK this year ......good depth coverage with Doedee back next season and McPherson / Hamill in the wings ...Fogarty / McAdam / Himmelberg / McHenry excellent forward coverage & hopefully Stengle can pull his finger out and get AFL fit, not McGovern type fit

Our issues have constantly been the midfield, ever since Danger left .....too much the same, too slow, too inconsistent, poor kicks ....this is the area the club must strip back and rebuild

Clearly the club has been aware as well ....our drafting emphasized speed

Time for some hard calls:

Trade
Matt Crouch .....no-one will ever tag Matt, his disposals are the most ineffectual, since Skipworth ....has no weapons at all

Rory Atkins ......when the games on the line, he always disappears

Relocate
Smith to the midfield is now a given

Sloane again too slow in 2nd halves ......needs to go back into DEF ....Jones to take his spot

Depth
Hartigan will be depth .....opposition always go thru his opponent & he simply gives away too many goals, versus the "odd" good game.
With Doedee back, no room for Hartigan

Delist
Douglas ....time has well & truly passed him by
Poholke ....
Mackay
Ottens
Jacobs (retired ??)

With trades and delisting ......that's 7 spots to fill ....Murphy will fill one spot & has been a revelation, the other will be CEY

Rookies
Delist ....Hunter, Wilson,
I'd be willing to listen to offers for Matt crouch, finds the ball but 1 paced and poor disposal.
That's why I always find it strange when people say someone had a good game because they had 30 disposals. What 20 one meter handball and 10 fithteen meter chip kicks?
Unfortunately crouch will never be in the elite group of midfielders.

Just out if interest what would Jacobs cost a club trade wise?
Still think he has a fair bit to offer to clubs (not just Essendon).
I know we were super keen on Brad Crouch a couple of times in the past but that ship sailed.
As a Adelaide based Bombers fan I’m ecstatic with our bunch of SA lads ATM so please keep your hands off any of those 😉

Trade bait

Atkins
Laird
Gooch
Greenwood
CEY
Jenkins

Get what we can for some.. use others to upgrade picks or in player swaps/trades

Retire

Betts.. but possibly keep him on in some form or another to help develop sanfl players
Otten.. as above with betts
Mookay
Douglas
Sauce
Gibbs.. what a disaster.. worst trade in the clubs history. In the top 3 anyway.

Delist

Hunter.. hes not even sanfl level

Target

Elite midfielder in the draft with first pick
Aaron Francis please
A cheap back up ruck
Anything hamish wants.. his strike rate with picks from the 20’s onward has been bloody good.. butts, scholl, hamill from this year draftees prove he’s still got it..

Coaches/organisation

Get rid of hart, burton, hass.
Hope campo goes to carlton, if not, fu** him off too.
Tell pyke he’s on his last legs..
Ban Roo’s nepotism

we need some risk takers to replace the risk averse, vanilla morons we’ve got now that are terrified of changing the current game plan, which is a proven failure, and unwilling to take a gamble on our youth.
Butts hamill scholl ? Bloody good?

Wow talk about jumping the gun, I suppose many would say grigg was good at SANFL level and Partington from the bays will probs win the Magarey this year but couldn't make AFL

You might want to wait on some of these ridiculous calls the gap between what you show at SANFL level to AFL is huge

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would the club have the courage to put Matt Crouch, Brad Crouch and Rory Laird on the trade table?

If they did, what would we receive in return?
They would receive a huge backlash from there supporter base, and lose the club and any goodwill they had with players lost for years,
It would put in the basket case area for years.
Trading your best players always sounds good on paper. but it's a double-sided sword that will cut both ways. And you are talking about our last two and possible last 3 Best and Fairest winners, Young Players who will be the future of the club,

I know we were super keen on Brad Crouch a couple of times in the past but that ship sailed.
As a Adelaide based Bombers fan I’m ecstatic with our bunch of SA lads ATM so please keep your hands off any of those 😉

A 4th round pick.

They would receive a huge backlash from there supporter base, and lose the club and any goodwill they had with players lost for years,
It would put in the basket case area for years.
Trading your best players always sounds good on paper. but it's a double-sided sword that will cut both ways. And you are talking about our last two and possible last 3 Best and Fairest winners, Young Players who will be the future of the club,

You could be right but if the trades are done correctly and the team starts winning straight away, they will be forgotten quite quickly.

Based on past players traded, all 3 would gain us a top 10 pick.

Add 4 top 10 picks to Jones and McHenry and we are starting a brand new era.

Butts hamill scholl ? Bloody good?

Wow talk about jumping the gun, I suppose many would say grigg was good at SANFL level and Partington from the bays will probs win the Magarey this year but couldn't make AFL

You might want to wait on some of these ridiculous calls the gap between what you show at SANFL level to AFL is huge

Butts, Hammil and Scholl will not win any SANFL awards, but they will make the AFL,
Butts needs some weight on his frame, but he is one of the better readers of the game and has good hands and a quick mind, and his 2nd efforts and hunger is there.
Hamil at times is playing too defensive but he rarely gets beaten and when he does he like a dog after a bone, has the 2nd and 3rd effort you don't see in many SANFL players.
Scholl - has moments when he is pure class, but need to find a way to stay in the game, time for a change with him I would play him out of the middle and up Forward for a few games.
But all 3 could play in the Crows this year and play better than some of the Crap we have put in recent times.

You could be right but if the trades are done correctly and the team starts winning straight away, they will be forgotten quite quickly.

Based on past players traded, all 3 would gain us a top 10 pick.

Add 4 top 10 picks to Jones and McHenry and we are starting a brand new era.
You don't replace those players, you don't get 3 players from the draft that combined will get you 90 disposal out of a team-high of 400.
It would take year to recover. And you will be using the pick gained on getting players who take a few years but eventually give you the same output. we are talking close 1/4 of the Crow disposal count in 3 players.
Add those 3 with and Elite Mid pick 2/3 and the Crow's midfield is looking better,

You don't replace those players, you don't get 3 players from the draft that combined will get you 90 disposal out of a team-high of 400.
It would take year to recover. And you will be using the pick gained on getting players who take a few years but eventually give you the same output. we are talking close 1/4 of the Crow disposal count in 3 players.
Add those 3 with and Elite Mid pick 2/3 and the Crow's midfield is looking better,

To be a sucessful club, a premiership club you have to be willing to embrace the risk of failure. Before you can win, you have to accept the chance you will fail.

The club has to identify a long term strategy that can take us forward, however before that can happen we have to take a step or three back. We have not blooded any young colts. We will need to drop down the ladder with some good young players before walking forward.

We are not moving forward with this current group. We will not find a Dangerfield by trading a Greenwood. You have to give something of quality to get high quality back.

Unless you are happy with the status quo?

To be a sucessful club, a premiership club you have to be willing to embrace the risk of failure. Before you can win, you have to accept the chance you will fail.

The club has to identify a long term strategy that can take us forward, however before that can happen we have to take a step or three back. We have not blooded any young colts. We will need to drop down the ladder with some good young players before walking forward.

We are not moving forward with this current group. We will not find a Dangerfield by trading a Greenwood. You have to give something of quality to get high quality back.

Unless you are happy with the status quo?
We are currently in position where we don't need to trade to find a Dangerfield, we currently have pick 2/3 there's your Dangerfield, Every week I see games of the (Vic TAC) Under 18 I see a few Dangerfileds that will complement the Crouch Brothers and improve the side,
Don't forget we also have 2nd rd picks, and in 2020 Potentially 2 x1st rd Father-Son/NGA, that to me is looking ahead and not reacting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Butts, Hammil and Scholl will not win any SANFL awards, but they will make the AFL,
Butts needs some weight on his frame, but he is one of the better readers of the game and has good hands and a quick mind, and his 2nd efforts and hunger is there.
Hamil at times is playing too defensive but he rarely gets beaten and when he does he like a dog after a bone, has the 2nd and 3rd effort you don't see in many SANFL players.
Scholl - has moments when he is pure class, but need to find a way to stay in the game, time for a change with him I would play him out of the middle and up Forward for a few games.
But all 3 could play in the Crows this year and play better than some of the Crap we have put in recent times.
They might and they also may not

The thing is no one knows now do they one might make it two might make it or all three on the other hand all three may not

Its only opinions at this .moment in time

They might and they also may not

The thing is no one knows now do they one might make it two might make it or all three on the other hand all three may not

Its only opinions at this .moment in time

If all 3 miss I will be surprised, they read the game and are quick thinkers. They move the ball and have good hands. Fitness is not a problem it just body size at this time.
they have the traits that separate SANFL player from the AFL players.

If all 3 miss I will be surprised, they read the game and are quick thinkers. They move the ball and have good hands. Fitness is not a problem it just body size at this time.
they have the traits that separate SANFL player from the AFL players.
Yes they do but the gap is big I'm sure they will have their moments

But watching partington this year rack up 40 possessions you would think the same but west coast didn't think that and stengle tearing it up but not in Richmond's mind

Yes they do but the gap is big I'm sure they will have their moments

But watching partington this year rack up 40 possessions you would think the same but west coast didn't think that and stengle tearing it up but not in Richmond's mind

I Never look at the possession count they are always deceiving in SANFL and never tell you the full picture, you almost have to see the game to see the talent shown, Some get big number and fumble and still have the time to dispose of the ball, they pick the wrong options, and are allowed that extra time to dispose of the ball, the stats never show that.
Then Fitness-wise some players need a rocket or a change to rise above there previous best levels ie Stengle his fitness base at this time is miles ahead of where he was last year and he quicker around the ball. His 2nd and 3rd efforts are now plain to see when before it was non-existent. And again Stats don't show that.

I Never look at the possession count they are always deceiving in SANFL and never tell you the full picture, you almost have to see the game to see the talent shown, Some get big number and fumble and still have the time to dispose of the ball, they pick the wrong options, and are allowed that extra time to dispose of the ball, the stats never show that.
Then Fitness-wise some players need a rocket or a change to rise above there previous best levels ie Stengle his fitness base at this time is miles ahead of where he was last year and he quicker around the ball. His 2nd and 3rd efforts are now plain to see when before it was non-existent. And again Stats don't show that.
Like I said I've watched partington not only get a heap of possies but rip it up

Remember the bays are crap normally we are on fire this year because he is dominating making every crow player look crap but you would trust west coast in saying he's not up to it

We can swap Fantasia for Jacobs :D

I'd be willing to listen to offers for Matt crouch, finds the ball but 1 paced and poor disposal.
That's why I always find it strange when people say someone had a good game because they had 30 disposals. What 20 one meter handball and 10 fithteen meter chip kicks?
Unfortunately crouch will never be in the elite group of midfielders.

Nothing wrong with that if it’s releasing players who can move the ball forward and get us into scoring positions. We have a poor midfield coaching crew in Godden, Pyke and Campo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back