Round 18 Discussion (dedicated to Kadog)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some Coaches had potentially 3 donuts last wk ....Fyfe, Kelly, and Hurn ....some didn't have a choice, upcoming you maynot have a choice either

I'm happy with all my trading EXCEPT the byes, which I played the byes crap ....but also had crucial injuries which prevented me from ever fielding 18 over the byes

Lost 1,000 spots, burned too many trades ...and there went my season. But apart from that 3 weeks, I've been happy with how I've played the game

If you were honest with yourself you would know that what happened to you during the byes whilst inevitable, was also aviodable. I saw it happening several weeks before the byes and tried to warn against downgrading your playing on-field rookies early and suggested that you downgrade your dead bench rookies instead for less money, but you had your eyes on all the high ticket items that unfortunately for you involved selling the farm to obtain, hence you never quite finished your team (def) and no trades left by Rd17. Unfortunate, but unsurprising.

Last edited:
If you were honest with yourself you would know that what happened to you during the byes whilst inevitable, was also aviodable. I saw it happening several weeks before the byes and tried to warn against downgrading your playing on-field rookies early and suggested that you downgrade your dead bench rookies instead for less money, but you had your eyes on all the high ticket items that unfortunately for you involved selling the farm to obtain, hence you never quite finished your team (def) and no traded by Rd17.
Now you're telling veryone how to play the game FFS .....stop freakin preaching to everyone, you're being a pain in the arse

Stop belittling posters for not having trades .....

Last edited by a moderator:

Now you're telling veryone how to play the game FFS .....stop freakin preaching to everyone, you're being a pain in the arse

Stop belittling posters for not having trades .....

Sure thing, as soon as you and a few other trade-less coaches stop the constant whining about having no trades left and bitching about how unlucky you have been and begrudging the other coaches that haven't burnt through all their trades yet.

Last edited:
Will Ferrell GIF

JM copped Hore, Kelly, Cogs and Impey in consecutive weeks. That’s a tough break in anyone’s book.

Yep and that's on top of Cripps, Fyfe and Hurn too.

All I can do now is try and laugh it off, learn from it and come back stronger next year.

Watched Rocketman the other night and when Elton John started singing "I'm still standing" while he was getting theropy for a nerveous breakdown it reminded me that JM is still standing too. LOL.

I'll be back with a vengeance next year with a new game plan and a point to prove. 😎

Last edited:
I had held 2 trades for LTI but then I cop 7 injuries in 3 weeks. LOL.

Maybe look at keeping 3-4 for LTI's next year. ;) But seriously, it's crazy how you used up one of your last trades on D/F cover (Impey) only for that cover to cop an LTI.:drunk:

Looking at your starting team it's only really Cogs that's a huge loss, but moving Hoff on-field is better than fielding a rookie. Hurn & Fyfe will be back and there isn't a huge difference between Impey & Logue scoring wise for D6. Your starting 22 is still as strong as most going around. plus you're still ranked 1# in the Ruby's Boobies league ahead of me, so there's that. :D Chin up.

I had held 2 trades for LTI but then I cop 7 injuries in 3 weeks. LOL.
There's ZERO you can do about that ....sometimes it's also the timing of your injuries

I've got Fyfe and Kelly on my bench, and it looks like I'll get them back in 2 weeks .....but if I had copped 2 injuries in R18 , I'd be stuffed

Maybe look at keeping 3-4 for LTI's next year. ;) But seriously, it's crazy how you used up one of your last trades on D/F cover (Impey) only for that cover to cop an LTI.:drunk:

Looking at your team it's only really Cogs that's a huge loss. Hurn & Fyfe will be back and there isn't a huge difference between Logue & Impey scoring wise for D6. Your starting 22 is still as strong as most going around. plus you're still ranked 1# in the Ruby's Boobies league ahead of me, so there's that. :D Chin up.

Yeah the Impey trade was a disaster in the end. I never felt comfortable picking him and knew it was a bad idea but it was his DPP to cover forwards that made me pick him.

Agree about needing to hang onto more trades. It's something Harding UTD, JM and the staff will go over in the off season.

There's ZERO you can do about that ....sometimes it's also the timing of your injuries

I've got Fyfe and Kelly on my bench, and it looks like I'll get them back in 2 weeks .....but if I had copped 2 injuries in R18 , I'd be stuffed

Yeah there's not much I can do about it now.

I've been pretty p1ssed off lately but now I just got to see the funny side of it (if there is one) and plan for next year.

I think the last couple of years have made me learn that my gung ho style trading is outdated like Ross Lyons game plan and adjustments need to be made.

I'm holding onto my single trade for dear life. I think I got Smashed in the finals last year because I had none left. Then I rage deleted my team in a league's gf....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep and that's on top of Cripps, Fyfe and Hurn too.

All I can do now is try and laugh it off, learn from it and come back stronger next year.

Watched Rocketman the other night and when Elton John started singing "I'm still standing" while he was getting theropy for a nerveous breakdown it reminded me that JM is still standing too. LOL.

I'll be back with a vengeance next year with a new game plan and a point to prove. 😎

That's a fair whack of injuries! I also copped Boak, Daniel, Hore, Kelly, Cripps, Fyfe, Hurn over that period, and was forced to use 2 of my remaining emergency LTI trades on Daniel and Hore. Thankfully I had enough depth to cover lines, which is where the strategic element comes into it.

I brought in Gray for MID/FWD swing depth through the byes, and if it weren't for that I would have fielded a donut or two across the journey. Likewise, many chopped Setters, whereas I kept him, and now his MID/FWD loop is as important as ever.

Again, trading strategy is great, but it can only carry you so far if you get a ridiculous amount of injuries in comparison to the majority.

Last edited:
That's a fair whack of injuries! I also copped Boak, Daniel, Hore, Kelly, Cripps, Fyfe, Hurn over that period, and was forced to use 3 of my remaining emergency LTI trades on Daniel and Hore. Thankfully I had enough depth to cover lines, which is where the strategic element comes into it.

I brought in Gray for MID/FWD swing depth through the byes, and if it weren't for that I would have fielded a donut or two across the journey. Likewise, many chopped Setters, whereas I kept him, and now his MID/FWD loop is as important as ever.

Again, trading strategy is great, but it can only carry you so far if you get a ridiculous amount of injuries in comparison to the majority.

I was trying to have Westhoff\Gray at F7 as cover and eventually bring in a cheap M\F for mid bench but injuries took care of that plan.

I got rid of Setterfield after he got dropped as I didn't think he would come back for a while. He was playing pretty s**t too to be honest.

Would like to have him right about now though...

I was trying to have Westhoff\Gray at F7 as cover and eventually bring in a cheap M\F for mid bench but injuries took care of that plan.

I got rid of Setterfield after he got dropped as I didn't think he would come back for a while. He was playing pretty s**t too to be honest.

Would like to have him right about now though...

Dead rookies have also been a big problem this year. Congrats to anyone who avoided all of Gardner, Rotham, Naish, Hayes, Ross, Stocker, Hately, Scott, Young to name a few. I still have 2 of them - Gardner & Young, thankfully not on the same line though. But their lack of cover would have forced more than a few donut avoiding trades for those who failed to move most of them on I would suspect.

Last edited:
Andrew, you were sulking B4 the byes about your s**t team .....you've done very well since the byes, but stop the preaching

If you had continued the way you were going, you probably would have disappeared off the boards, or being negative as you're accusing others

From my perspective, the board is the same as every year .....let Coaches express themselves as they see fit, not how you want them to post

I'm not going to deny that I don't like to have a rant\whinge in this game when things go wrong. It's a part of what makes us human.

SC is a game full of emotions, hence when s**t hits the fan and the SC gods strike my team down with lightening I crack the shits. LOL.

I figure that I'm pretty good for the first 17 or so weeks till I start copping all the injuries so am entitled to have a bit of a whinge.

I'm not going to deny that I don't like to have a rant\whinge in this game when things go wrong. It's a part of what makes us human.

SC is a game full of emotions, hence when s**t hits the fan and the SC gods strike my team down with lightening I crack the s**ts. LOL.

I figure that I'm pretty good for the first 17 or so weeks till I start copping all the injuries so am entitled to have a bit of a whinge.

You're not going to whinge for another 5 weeks though? I'll Alf you myself if you do that.

You're not going to whinge for another 5 weeks though? I'll Alf you myself if you do that.

Nah like I said I've had my whinge now and got it out of my system. All I can do is laugh about it all now or I'll go totally insane (probably am already due to this campaigner of a game!) 😭

Right about what? I don't believe he has had more bad luck than other coaches over the last 2 seasons. He has made several unnecessary trades though. Sometimes those trades come back to bite you on the arse in the later rounds. Like sideways trading out Fyfe earlier in the season for a 1 week injury for instance. I'm not 100% if it was JM, (i think it was) but I hear people rationalize knee jerk trades such as those with beauties like "he's injury prone, i won't get 22 games out of him" Well, why start with him then? It's not like he has a history of playing 22 games. Matt Crouch, another, I know JM started with him, not in his side now. I held him for 3 weeks while he was injured, JM traded him out. I am now being rewarded with 90-100 scores for holding and fielding rookies for 3 weeks. Do I have sympathy for those who sideways traded him out for guns like Jelly and slingshotted past me in the rankings mid year and are now copping donuts becuse they burnt ALL their trades by rd16-17? lol **** No.

I traded Fyfe out as an opportunity to grab Whitfield and Boak. No regrets there. Gambled on him missing more than 1 week too as he got hit pretty hard.

Having said that there's no way I'll ever be starting Fyfe again just like Jelly as they have burnt me enough now.

Couldn't hold ballistic M.Crouch during the byes as I simply didn't have the bench cover and needed 18 or more playing to be competitive.

M.Crouch can get f@rked! That campaigner has burnt me 2 years in a row now like Jelly. 😡

Nah like I said I've had my whinge now and got it out of my system. All I can do is laugh about it all now or I'll go totally insane (probably am already due to this campaigner of a game!) 😭

Whinge as long as you want bro. Im here for ya :thumbsu:

Right about what? I don't believe he has had more bad luck than other coaches over the last 2 seasons. He has made several unnecessary trades though. Sometimes those trades come back to bite you on the arse in the later rounds. Like sideways trading out Fyfe earlier in the season for a 1 week injury for instance. I'm not 100% if it was JM, (i think it was) but I hear people rationalize knee jerk trades such as those with beauties like "he's injury prone, i won't get 22 games out of him" Well, why start with him then? It's not like he has a history of playing 22 games. Matt Crouch, another, I know JM started with him, not in his side now. I held him for 3 weeks while he was injured, JM traded him out. I am now being rewarded with 90-100 scores for holding and fielding rookies for 3 weeks. Do I have sympathy for those who sideways traded him out for guns like Jelly and slingshotted past me in the rankings mid year and are now copping donuts becuse they burnt ALL their trades by rd16-17? lol **** No.
exactly

Edit: ok there was a lot more to that conversation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back