Prediction Port's Forward Line

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t totally buy that, Ken is the issue,
Lade was crap too.....

One constant, Ken Hinkley.

The constant is really Nathan bassett, everything he has anything to do with becomes dysfunctional. That doesn't excuse Hinkley as if he had any balls he would get rid of Bassett at the end of this season.

I was there with my grandpa. :thumbsu:

I was there too but my grandpa had been dead for 35 years. I was also there ten years later when Scotty Hodges booted three consecutive bags of 10 goals. I doubt that any of our current side with make it to 30 goals in 22 games.:rolleyes:

Why can’t anyone associated with the club see that you can’t win without forwards?

We don’t even try two or three talls.

We try one then give up.

It’s ****ing baffling

What's even more baffling is that we all know that goal kickers bring in the crowds.
People want to see high flying marks and goals.

Yet the club be all like, "y u no come to game power fans?"

My dream forward line next year we play three of Dixon, Marshall, Lukosious (Hopefully) and Frampton every week. If we feel we need a second ruck we bring in Ladhams or Hayes and only play two of those guys. Then we need to play actual small forwards not midfielders, with Woodcock, Butters, Rozee, Farrell, Robbie available. The best forward line with our current list would be
HF: C.Rozee | B.Frampton | T.Marshall
FF: Z.Butters | C.Dixon | R.Gray
I: B.Woodcock

My dream forward line next year we play three of Dixon, Marshall, Lukosious (Hopefully) and Frampton every week. If we feel we need a second ruck we bring in Ladhams or Hayes and only play two of those guys. Then we need to play actual small forwards not midfielders, with Woodcock, Butters, Rozee, Farrell, Robbie available. The best forward line with our current list would be
HF: C.Rozee | B.Frampton | T.Marshall
FF: Z.Butters | C.Dixon | R.Gray
I: B.Woodcock

Lukosius is still under contract for 2020 but we still have enough scope with Dixon, Frampton and Marshall. Agree 1000% that we need a goalsneak like a Betts, Cameron or Walters. These are the guys who seem to consistently get the goals these days. Personally I think Frampton has the goods as he is not afraid to use his body, can take a mark and most importantly is a very good kick. I see Marshall as more of a Westhoff type playing wide or up the ground. Hopefully one of Woodcock, Butters, Farrell or Rozee can develop into a 'goalsneak' to use the old vernacular.

You would think that with the young talent available we have it within our list to build an efficient forward line but somehow I am not that confident we have the right people in place to develop such a forward line.

What baffles me is how Hinkley has blamed the inexperience and youth of our forward personnel as reason why we have struggled to score.

It has absolutely nothing to so with that. If anything, our youth (Butters, Rozee, Frampton, Ladhams and Marshall) have shown more promise than the old timers in their respective roles.

The day we see a functional forward line with our team will be under a new head coach.

Ranked 1st in Inside 50s Per Game
Ranked 15th in Marks Per Game

Westhoff and SGray are ranked 55th in the competition for marks inside 50, and they are our 2 best.

2019 Port Adelaide Marks Inside 50 Per Game Leaders (Minimum 4 Games Played)
RankNameGamesAverage
1​
15​
1.33​
1​
15​
1.33​
3​
7​
1.29​
4​
5​
1.20​
5​
11​
1.18​
6​
6​
1.17​
6​
12​
1.17​
8​
14​
1.14​
9​
17​
1.12​

Last edited:
Maybe all the assistant coaches should get schooled in bigfooty.
they got nothing to lose.

If they lose against WS - the season is done & dusted

The critical factor for us is to hold on to Frampton. Billy could be the best tall forward prospect we have had since Tredrea. I say could because he has to get a decent go at AFL level to prove it.

I would leave Dixon in the SANFL for the rest of 2019 and have Frampton in next week and ******* well leave him there. We are not going to make the eight so let's invest in the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ken started the season boasting how he would play all our talls in the same team.

It took 3 games for him to scrap it and go the Sam Gray KPF playbook.

Sack the coach and get someone who knows what the * they are doing.

The critical factor for us is to hold on to Frampton. Billy could be the best tall forward prospect we have had since Tredrea. I say could because he has to get a decent go at AFL level to prove it.

I would leave Dixon in the SANFL for the rest of 2019 and have Frampton in next week and ******* well leave him there. We are not going to make the eight so let's invest in the future.

‘But meee job mayte’....

We don't have a bona fide forward on the list other than a damaged dixon

We don't have a pacey small crumbing forward at the feet of our talls

We have a slow plodding midfield with terrible foot skills

Remove this Banner Ad

Back