Game Day Swans v Port, Rd 21

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lloyd doesn't damage in the position he is in...well he causes some damage by gifting the opposition goals. Try him on the wing and see what happens his chip kicks might have better value hitting a target on the inside of the 50 as he literally sets up nothing out of defense. He received the handball chips to Rampe who is covered and 9 meters out. Just not a damaging enough player for the backline for me. He is best 22 but not used well IMO

He's a wingman but isnt fast enough to play wing so they parked him in the back pocket.

Played ok in patches. Wasted some opportunities but many of the points have been shits from difficult spots or a long way out. Heeney and Florent amongst the best to this point. Menzel putting himself in good spots. Belly worked his way into it a little more that quarter. Again, WTF is this umpiring. Bell pushed into the boundary fence ignored. WCE player got rubbed out for the same thing a few weeks ago. Ports last goal came from a centre bounce where the Port ruckman jumped into our ruckman and made no contact with the ball. Clear free. As someone else mentioned a mark also paid before Dixon’s goal which according to the AFL isn’t a mark. Not to mention the two throwing frees against Parker where the umpire was behind and there is not way he could have seen if he disposed of it legally or not. For me, I’d send the throes alone to the AFL and demand an explanation why their umpires think it’s ok to pay free kicks for what they think has happened. Still in it but need to kick the first two of the third.

It’s just sad, this young team work so hard and get no reward for it ever
It's their own damn fault. If you can't capitalise on your opportunities and allow teams to swing momentum on a dime, you're gonna lose every single time. I don't feel good about this team at all. It's crazy how poor we are. I've never seen the Swans so bad.

It's their own damn fault. If you can't capitalise on your opportunities and allow teams to swing momentum on a dime, you're gonna lose every single time. I don't feel good about this team at all. It's crazy how poor we are. I've never seen the Swans so bad.

WTAF

We’re doing nearly everything right (even with a dire midfield), just not nailing our shots at goal. That could happen to anyone !!

To be realistic we are very low on key position players AND our midfield is in a state of transition, hardly surprising we’re having trouble playing a consistent match

Just our skills are killing us like usual

Enormous effort imo

Florent in the middle is better
Our decision making plays a large part in the skills being rubbish... we blindly handball to a red and white jumper regardless of who is in the best position...kick to impossible contests...hopefully with games this improves

The team is fine we just need to take our chances. We aren’t the poor.

Again, WTF
Well no good having a long face after a close loss when you've been responsible for 2 misses in front that should have been nailed & for some players, they don't hang around on a list for too long so they need to nail their limited opportunities.
I am more than content with how we are playing but am getting frustrated for these young guys too. They just need to kick them.
4 goals 10. We should have another 3 of those misses & we are right in the game. Against the Bombers on the G a few weeks back we had about 1 goal 11 from our entire forward line.

The overall quality of the AFL had surely declined.. Port are in no way a club competing for a finals birth given what i am seeing today...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The iexperience hurts, you can't ignore that, they are enough good signs to suggest a really competitive unit is not that fast off

[

Ha Ha ! You've seen nothing then. You think this is Bad Take a trip back to the Early 90's or go further South back to some days at the Lake Oval. This Bad ? Please !!!

Competitive game, despite our kicking being ordinary. Had a mare remembering another 32 who kicked 19 behinds before his first goal..
That discussion was had here as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back