The Donny Pyke Farewell Tour

Remove this Banner Ad

There's more options now with pick trading, free agency and live draft night trading.

We showed signs last draft night that we were willing to take a calculated risk to move up. It'll land us pick 3 or 4 which isn't bad at all.

If we get a coaching group in who are prepared to back in what Reid and Hamish are doing at the back end then we will be alright. We've got talented kids stuck in the 2s, ****ing play them.

What chance are we of getting decent coaches while we have Brett Burton as head of football and the Scott Camporeale glass ceiling hanging around?

What chance are we of getting decent coaches while we have Brett Burton as head of football and the Scott Camporeale glass ceiling hanging around?
Caroline Wilson's last article about Adelaide discussed Pyke and the pressure he's under. Also mentioned that the fall out from the camp 18 months ago is still simmering in the back ground. Interestingly she also mentioned that Burton, Camporeale and Ruccuito were under pressure.

Pyke was extended to keep him mouth shut about the camp. It's the Trigg situation all over again, untouchable because of the dirt he has on incompetent management.

Mark my words, we'll give him another extension after this one regardless of performance. He has that job as long as he wants it.
Bullshit. Pyke was extended because 3 months earlier we played in a GF

We were humiliated in a grand final vs a team we should have comfortably beaten when comparing the talent in the two sides.
That attitude is why we lost. Thought we had it in the bag. And if it had been at AO we probably would've won. It wasn't
Most observers would now say that Richmond's side is easily more talented than the Crows, and the last 2 years of results back it up

EDIT: And Pyke's contract was extended a month before the camp

That attitude is why we lost. Thought we had it in the bag. And if it had been at AO we probably would've won. It wasn't
Most observers would now say that Richmond's side is easily more talented than the Crows, and the last 2 years of results back it up

Yeah gee who is it that would give players that would set the attitude for a playing group. Wouldn't be the coaches would it?

Also the Crows team of the past two years has some very significant changes from the 2017 side as does the Richmond one, so you're comparing apples to oranges.

The depressing thing is it'll work and appease most of the supporter base.
I don't think it will this time, most of the supporter vitriol has headed towards the others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caroline Wilson's last article about Adelaide discussed Pyke and the pressure he's under. Also mentioned that the fall out from the camp 18 months ago is still simmering in the back ground. Interestingly she also mentioned that Burton, Camporeale and Ruccuito were under pressure.

Where can I read that article?

Yeah gee who is it that would give players that would set the attitude for a playing group. Wouldn't be the coaches would it?

Also the Crows team of the past two years has some very significant changes from the 2017 side as does the Richmond one, so you're comparing apples to oranges.
Show me where I disagreed that the coaching hasn't been up to scratch. Particularly forward line (Hart), fitness (Burton/Hass), and midfield set up (Campo), with Pyke overseeing it all. And Burton above them all. Selection is a huge problem.
Crows side yesterday had 5 different players compared to the GF also. 2 of the 5 differences will likely come in this week. So barely changed at all. The core of Richmond's side has also not changed.

Show me where I disagreed that the coaching hasn't been up to scratch. Particularly forward line (Hart), fitness (Burton/Hass), and midfield set up (Campo), with Pyke overseeing it all. And Burton above them all. Selection is a huge problem.
Crows side yesterday had 5 different players compared to the GF also. 2 of the 5 differences will likely come in this week. So barely changed at all. The core of Richmond's side has also not changed.

Yeah but half those players are cooked 2 years later, that's the point. Also you are seriously discounting the loss of guys like Cameron.

Also to say Richmond side hasn't changed much is a bit bizarre given they've bought in one of the best forwards in the competition.

Um, no. What significant changes?

Case in point, the side that was 'brave' against West Coast was the 2017 Grand final minus Cameron, Greenwood, Jenkins and Lever. It is pretty clear that the 2017 GF 22 is the Crows preferred line up.

We were the better team all year in 2017, we definitely should have won if both teams played at their best

Travelling back from Perth on Qantas.

Got Chapman sitting one row behind me in Business. Fagan is in Economy.
wait, don't AFL teams use Virgin??

I dont know if they are a more talented group than ours. I just think the "want" is a lot stronger in most of the Richmond players.

give them more credit

It worked with Craig and then Sanderson didn't it?

The membership base accepted Chapman and Trigg even after the Tippet saga.

They just want token action and then they'll all go back to sleep for a few more years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back