Preview 2019 Round 22 - Richmond vs West Coast, Sunday 18th of August @ MCG, 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the eagles tore us up last few times they did with pin point kicking and hitting targets, I’d go as far as saying they were ON with laser accuracy. Their style played that way pretty much nullifies our game plan. So what do we do MC?
Last few times, we have played them once since round 3 2017 in a game we won. ( eagles and pies have played each other 6 times since to put it into perspective )

It's 3-3 in our last 6 clashes which goes back to 2013.

We have also only played them at the MCG twice since 2010.

Reckon the result of pies and crows will determine a bit what we do re selection . Pies win we have to win , we won’t experiment much . Crows win , we may see a few things like Balta in
We still want to win this week. If we win and pies lose we are guaranteed a top 4 finish. Balta and Pickett should come in next week against Brisbane, assuming that we win on Saturday

Kennedy had two injuries throughout the year, a serious shoulder injury, didn't take a mark on the weekend. Looks to be labouring.
He's a tough one to read. At his age he's probably never 100% at this stage of the season, but I can't tell if he is carrying something more than just the usual niggles. He got his hands to a fair few in the first half but just couldn't clunk any/get the separation needed.

Have to give credit to Daniel Talia though - Kennedy towelled him up in Adelaide earlier in the year and Talia came back firing on the weekend to square the ledger.

McGovern likes to play footy like our very own Alex Rance, peel off, read the play and do his own thing while the rest of the backline clamps down on their forwards. We saw a few weeks back against Sydney how he dislikes to man up. Perhaps we should bring Balta back and tell him to tag McGovern the whole game the way Port tagged Rance a few years ago. Wouldnt that be interesting to see.

McGovern will make a mess of Balta.

Apparently Cotchin and Dustin Martin are no certain starters for this game.

I’d be content with a close loss if both don’t get up.

Reading between the lines then Cotchin will be given another week and Martin will come back and play.

Sucks about Cotchin but we need him for finals.

Didn't Dimma say Cotch was running at full speed on Sunday? I wouldn't read too much into Balmies roll of the dice quote. After 3 hammie injuries in 1 year any return date would be considered a roll of the dice to some degree.

If he's fit he needs to be tested now, rather than risk going down in the 1st quarter of a final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great preview. Cant wait for this game- shaping to be one of the best for 2019, I hope it delivers.
Its a shame Dan wont be playing, its always a treat to have 2 Riolis running around on the same ground.

Great preview. Cant wait for this game- shaping to be one of the best for 2019, I hope it delivers.
Its a shame Dan wont be playing, its always a treat to have 2 Riolis running around on the same ground.
Where have you heard this? Daniel I think is definitely on the chopping block but with Cotchin a confirmed out can’t see them making wholesale changes.

If you heard it from here then Shazza_ and biaseddustyfan are always trolling with the Rioli (or Mia or Fevola depending on their mood) out talk. :D

Having said that I certainly wouldn’t be surprised if our Rioli is omitted he wasn’t great against Carlton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back