Votes: 25 43.9%
  • Geelong by <30

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • Geelong by 30+

Votes: 5 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Scott is a 2 time premiership player with our club but gee he was so ungracious and sarcastic in defeat in his presser, hardly gave any credit to the Lions and was full of excuses, whinging about umpiring decisions, wouldn't pay credit to Charlie Cameron, said he was OK but wasn't the difference, what are you talking about Scotty, Charlie kicked 5 goals in a game where both sides only kicked 10 each. He was the difference. Very dismissive of anything complimentary about the Lions. Said they had an easy draw, we have just won 9 on the trot including back to back on the road wins against the Giants and Power(off a 6 day break and travel), and beat the Hawks in Tassie where they are nigh on unbeatable.

Have some class Scotty you buffoon, give the opposition some credit.

It’s amazing how off your post is but so many people like it due to a pre perceived view and dislike they have on Scott.
He gives credit and I also know the lions are a good side.
What makes me happy is knowing we can compete with the top sides because the rubbish we have dished up since the bye made me believe we weren’t very good.
Although the choke isn’t nice I’m much more comfortable with where we sit. Losing to a fellow competitor late in the year doesn’t hurt.

Examples
2018 Pies/tigers
2017 Cats/tigers
2015 hawks/eagles
2013 hawks/cats
2012 hawks/swans
2007 cats/power
2008 cats/hawks
2009 cats/saints
2011 even Collingwood improved on the near 100 point drubbing they had to us late in the year.

Certain losses sharpen sides up.

I'm not backing anything up, you're not my mother, look it up yourself if you're that interested.

IMO his presser was arrogant, condescending and very salty.
Lol- nope-it actually wasn’t- you are just seeing what you want to see. In anycase, why get so bothered by an opposition coach? Who cares?

Last edited:
Honestly Chris Scott could whinge for Australia. Was the head high not paid to Neale a ‘mistake’? The Berry non mark after being crunched? I spoke to quite a few neutrals at the game and they all dislike the way Scott whinges. They also believe it’s his lead the players follow on field. The ‘poor me’ syndrome. H

Would have been one of those late season 'didn't lose any admirers' losses from a top team... if it wasn't for the rubbish the Cats had been bringing regularly over the past two months. If only we'd brought that sort of effort in some of those other losses. Oh well.

Now we need to rely on Richmond to even have a chance of finishing top two.

Would have been one of those late season 'didn't lose any admirers' losses from a top team... if it wasn't for the rubbish the Cats had been bringing regularly over the past two months. If only we'd brought that sort of effort in some of those other losses. Oh well.

Now we need to rely on Richmond to even have a chance of finishing top two.
If we had brought that effort over the last two months we would be limping into finals with injuries.

We had control over the game for the most part and it got away from us towards the end. Cameron is fantastic and Brisbane played the best footy I've seen them play in years.

It was their GF.

Next.

It was a 50/50 game and the statistics support that. Other than the fact Brisbane couldn't kick straight until the last quarter, there was nothing in the game.

Chris Scott did come across as a bit narky in his presser. I get the feeling he doesn't rate Brisbane as a true top 4 team and losing to them would have really annoyed him. Saying Geelong outplayed Brisbane is a bit disingenuous and feels like his basing that purely going off the score worm (which ignores the fact Brisbane were inaccurate for a big chunk of the game).

Lol- nope-it actually wasn’t- you are just seeing what you want to see. In anycase, why get so bothered by an opposition coach? Who cares?
Yes, actually it was, have a listen to it with unbiased ears, I was very prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt before listening to it, him being a 2 time premiership player with our club. I posted pre game when he was copping a little bit of heat on our board that I have nothing against Chris Scott.

I'm not bothered by it, it's just a point of discussion, you do realize this is a footy forum where people put forward opinions and discuss footy matters? That is what I am participating in.

It’s amazing how off your post is but so many people like it due to a pre perceived view and dislike they have on Scott.
He gives credit and I also know the lions are a good side.
What makes me happy is knowing we can compete with the top sides because the rubbish we have dished up since the bye made me believe we weren’t very good.
Although the choke isn’t nice I’m much more comfortable with where we sit. Losing to a fellow competitor late in the year doesn’t hurt.

Examples
2018 Pies/tigers
2017 Cats/tigers
2015 hawks/eagles
2013 hawks/cats
2012 hawks/swans
2007 cats/power
2008 cats/hawks
2009 cats/saints
2011 even Collingwood improved on the near 100 point drubbing they had to us late in the year.

Certain losses sharpen sides up.
I have watched that presser twice and stand by my comments, any praise for us was through gritted teeth and put on, I got a strong condescending attitude with a large dose of salt from it.

Why are people even talking about West Coast?

Just worry about your own rubbish team and not deflect attention away from another loss.
The only people talking about West Coast were West Coast fans bickering about whether this Geelong loss is good for them or not
Brisbane should have won by more, so many inside 50s in the 3rd qt for not many goals.
Each team had the same amount of inside 50s for the game
Chris Scott is a 2 time premiership player with our club but gee he was so ungracious and sarcastic in defeat in his presser, hardly gave any credit to the Lions and was full of excuses, whinging about umpiring decisions, wouldn't pay credit to Charlie Cameron, said he was OK but wasn't the difference, what are you talking about Scotty, Charlie kicked 5 goals in a game where both sides only kicked 10 each. He was the difference. Very dismissive of anything complimentary about the Lions. Said they had an easy draw, we have just won 9 on the trot including back to back on the road wins against the Giants and Power(off a 6 day break and travel), and beat the Hawks in Tassie where they are nigh on unbeatable.

Have some class Scotty you buffoon, give the opposition some credit.
I'm not going to defend him because I don't really rate his pressers, but honestly why watch the oppo's coach presser after you beat them? Just a recipe for boring tripe.
That's weird - I watched both of the pressers before I read this thread and my reaction to Scott's presser was actually that he seemed to come across fairly graciously and was thinking about commenting on it in the review thread on our board.

Now I don't watch a lot of Scott's pressers so when the guy asked him about Cameron and he said he didn't think that he was the difference between them winning and losing then asked the reporter what he thought it seemed sincere - but that could just be his MO ... but I went into watching it expecting to see sniping saltiness (based on other people comments on his pressers over the years) but honestly came away from it pleasantly surprised and thinking more highly of him.

In terms of the Lions not having had the recent opportunity to be tested ... sure we had to win away against then fancied GWS and Bulldogs but personally (and the general sense of the Board in the lead up to this game) it is 100% true that we had not played a game like this (and next weeks) recently and even Fagan in his presser acknowledged how much actually feeling the pressure from this game would be good for our team.

*shrugs*
Weird that you'd think that, seems lots of differing opinions on his presser in here 🤔

It was a 50/50 game and the statistics support that. Other than the fact Brisbane couldn't kick straight until the last quarter, there was nothing in the game.

Chris Scott did come across as a bit narky in his presser. I get the feeling he doesn't rate Brisbane as a true top 4 team and losing to them would have really annoyed him. Saying Geelong outplayed Brisbane is a bit disingenuous and feels like his basing that purely going off the score worm (which ignores the fact Brisbane were inaccurate for a big chunk of the game).
I mean Geelong did outplay Brisbane for parts of the game and vice versa, it was a 1 point game afterall. Brisbane just outplayed Geelong for a longer period.

I'm not going to defend him because I don't really rate his pressers, but honestly why watch the oppo's coach presser after you beat them? Just a recipe for boring tripe.
From memory including yesterdays I have watched 2-3 opposition pressers all season, the only reason I had a look at this one was because a few on our board were saying he was ungracious in defeat in it so I wanted to have a look and decide for myself.

I still have nothing against Chris Scott but I do think he was condescending in that presser, no worries though I'm over it and going to move on.

I need to enjoy the feeling of being relevant and September bound for the 1st time in a decade, it's been a long frustrating journey form the glories of the 3peat. Whatever September brings I'm confident that with Fagan, Noble, Swan and co steering the ship we are in for a sustained period of relevance much like the Cats have been for well over a decade. They like the Hawks and Swans are clubs to be admired and aspired to be like in regards to superb long term on field consistency.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez. What a game. Just watched the replay after being at the game yesterday arvo.

What an arm wrestle. It was dead set a top of the table clash. I have never seen the lions crack in like that. I said before the game id be happy for a one point game.

There was some spitefulness throughout the game but I admired the sportsmanship from the players throughout aswell. Charlie checking on bews late in the last and Hodgey helping Ablett up a few times after tackles.

I think the lions went along way to earning some respect yesterday but are going to be sore for it. 8 day break against another top team at a stadium we have struggled to play.

It was their GF.

Next.

Melbourne supporters said the same thing when we only just got over the line in the pre season game. 23 odd weeks later we sit on top of the ladder.

If we had brought that effort over the last two months we would be limping into finals with injuries.

We had control over the game for the most part and it got away from us towards the end. Cameron is fantastic and Brisbane played the best footy I've seen them play in years.

It was their GF.

Next.

"It was their GF."

lmao every team has said that after we beat them this year. Melbourne in the pre-season, West Coast in Round 1, GWS in Sydney, Port in Adelaide etc;

Might want to get those excuses ready for another straight sets exit.

Yes, actually it was, have a listen to it with unbiased ears, I was very prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt before listening to it, him being a 2 time premiership player with our club. I posted pre game when he was copping a little bit of heat on our board that I have nothing against Chris Scott.

I'm not bothered by it, it's just a point of discussion, you do realize this is a footy forum where people put forward opinions and discuss footy matters? That is what I am participating in.
Maybe don’t listen to him if it’s going to get you feeling insecure? I’d actually have thought life is too short to listen to the pressers of opposition coaches
It was a great contest. Your team is playing terrific footy and you have a fabulous coach-why not just enjoy that.

It was their GF.

Next.
Our GF is on the last day in September

Yes, in the presser and during the week leading up to the game.
So I listened to that presser and not once did Scott refer to your apparent easy draw.

Helps when your team has fu** all injuries and key players playing well

Yes, agreed. It is very helpful when your club is highly competent at such a fundamental requirement of elite sport... managing the fitness and conditioning of players.

It’s amusing when people talk about one of of our key strengths as a club that we have intentionally made a major focus of excellence, as though it’s some bullshit, unfair advantage.

Try hiring elite conditioning staff next time instead of Ivan Drago’s anabolic injection crew from Rocky IV.

Last edited:
Why are people even talking about West Coast?

Probably because quite a few West Coast supporters have infested and polluted every Lions match thread over the last few weeks with suggestions that every free kick we get is some joint conspiracy involving the CIA, the Illuminati, the Bilderberg group and the Elders of Zion.

It’s been pathetic and amusing in equal measure.

It was their GF.

Next.

You mustn’t have watched us play much this year then, that was easily one of our sloppier performances this year. Our run and carry game was well below the standard we have delivered this year. Probably put more out of bounds on the full yesterday than the rest of the season combined.

We scrapped that one out at best.

FWIW I think supporters of every team we have knocked off this year have pulled out the “Lions just played their grand final” card.

It’s one of the more salty ways to handle a loss. I’m still laughing at the Melbourne supporters who said it when we beat them in the JLT series. LMAO.

Next!

The good thing about this is that we're getting plenty of experience at winning "grand finals" along the way.

Charlie got his 5th Norm Smith yesterday. Catching up quickly to Lachie Neale’s 7.

Back