Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 17 - Cats v North Sun July 9th 1:10pm AEST (GMHBA)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • North by a goal or less

• Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North by 7 - 20

• Cats by a lot

Votes: 20 80.0%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably because he’s getting to the point no one will even take him as an assistant next year.
Haha come on. North were getting thumped by 70+ points every game last year, there are clear signs of improvement this year under Clarkson and Ratten.

Haha come on. North were getting thumped by 70+ points every game last year, there are clear signs of improvement this year under Clarkson and Ratten.
Confused Little Girl GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone explain the difference between the Young rushed behind free and De Koning (?) walking the ball over the line off the Curtis snap?

Why is it during a 10 goal lead we’re still seeing the same inane shitposting.

Yes the ground is skinny, yes it is being redeveloped. Been here 80 years so maintenance from time to time is needed.

Complaining about umps again, really!?

Ziebell isn't that bad of a player to be honest. Obviously hasn't turned into the #7 pick mid we had hoped, but he's successfully reinvented himself as both a forward and a defender.

The bigger concern is someone like McDonald who's 5 years younger and cooked.
They’re both spuds that would only get a game at North or West Coast.

What I'm saying is not controversial. You're forgetting how bad North have been lol

I mean, you have improved - basically at this point +200-300 points more scored & -100 less points conceded.

1688878708010.png
End of Rnd 17, 2022
1688879229179.png

This Round (add about 100 odd to points against + 30 odd points for to get end of Rnd 17):

1688878857891.png

Obviously it omits things like general state of play & ball movement improvements. But if Hawks "improve" by this degree, this time next year, I would still be questioning what the hell is going on.

I mean, we are pretty disappointed by Hawks last two weeks because they signalled severe lack of effort (thankfully better this week), and this is meant to be our "bottom out" year.

Norf aren't expected to win today - but a lot of this game stinks of basic effort. Like us last week, the oppo has more disposals, more CPs AND more tackles somehow.

I feel that's where most people are coming from, North 2023 looks awfully like North 2022 despite marginal improvements.

EDIT: Wrong first photo - my brain is mush today after staying up watching the Tour

Back