Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 18 - Cats v Bombers Sat July 15th 7:25pm AEST (GMHBA)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 37.8%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

For the most part we're playing better footy with a best 19-20 rather than a best 14-15. The Port game was too soon for all of Duncan, Dangerfield and Holmes first up (then Danger and Bruhn getting early injuries) - the side kind of capitulated but in a rematch I reckon we'd stay close all game.

The only alarm bell game lately was against Sydney up there. There's yet to be an interstate performance that's been convincing. That's why a strong performance is needed against Brisbane next week.

Why did Essendon play at gmhba? Yeah I get it was a Geelong home game but I thought they always chose to play the big clubs at the G. Have ess ever played there before? Don’t get me wrong I think it’s only fair that all clubs including the big ones should have to go there if that’s geel home ground but I can’t recall seeing this before.
Probably answered your own question.

we did better down there last week and we've been the worst team in the comp over the last 3 years.

Who cares what you did last week?

You have been Bottom 4 for like 5 years rofl

Who cares what you did last week?

You have been Bottom 4 for like 5 years rofl
I'm sure they envy your mobs successful last 15 years lol

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

I'm sure they envy your mobs successful last 15 years lol

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

the only thing that matters in this game is premierships. nothing else.

neither teams (and alot more) has had a good 15 years.

Unlike your mob we actually handle our SC sensibly , the retirements will help pay for the new recruits whoever they may be

Meanwhile Coll are still paying for Treloar and Grundy and still looking at a blowout should Daicos win the brownlow
yeah yeah.. you're just brilliant cap managers and the lure of the surf coast. It means you can continually bring in expensive A grade talent year after year in wa way no other club can even come close to. As I said. It's the magic Geelong salary cap. It's the cap that keeps on giving. Year after year.

I really hope Bews remains out. We now have the structure down back and Bowes is building nicely.
Isaac Smith was good on return but again, we can't afford to bring in old blokes who just have no upside whatsoever.

Team has to settle and last night was our best 22 with only Guthrie an automatic inclusion when fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah yeah.. you're just brilliant cap managers and the lure of the surf coast. It means you can continually bring in expensive A grade talent year after year in wa way no other club can even come close to. As I said. It's the magic Geelong salary cap. It's the cap that keeps on giving. Year after year.
Don’t be bitter just be better

Having stars take unders instead of the culture of stars extorting the club to overpay like Grundy, Cloke, JDG , Treloar et al

Who you just end up either overpaying or paying them to be at another club for cap relief , I mean you ended up sacking your list manager for blowing out the cap …denial is very strong

Don’t be bitter just be better

Having stars take unders instead of the culture of stars extorting the club to overpay like Grundy, Cloke, JDG , Treloar et al

Who you just end up either overpaying or paying them to be at another club for cap relief , I mean you ended up sacking your list manager for blowing out the cap …denial is very strong
I'm not the one denying anything champ. That'd be you.
I hear those land deals you can get down Geelong way are amazing!

I'm not the one denying anything champ. That'd be you.
I hear those land deals you can get down Geelong way are amazing!
You forfeit the ability to accuse other clubs of salary cap rorting when your own club is stuck paying a couple of overpaid plodders to play for other teams, but we're getting a tad off topic here, this is supposed to be a match thread.

So to get back on topic, how about that young Henry kid? He's got talent to burn - speaking hypothetically of course but I'd hate to see a potential elite young talent like that walk out on us. Looks like a set and forget 10+ year player.

1. You forfeit the ability to accuse other clubs of salary cap rorting when your own club is stuck paying a couple of overpaid plodders to play for other teams, but we're getting a tad off topic here, this is supposed to be a match thread.

2..So to get back on topic, how about that young Henry kid? He's got talent to burn - speaking hypothetically of course but I'd hate to see a potential elite young talent like that walk out on us. Looks like a set and forget 10+ year player.
1.. umm why?? great logic:thumbsu:
2.. How is Henry on topic?

not sharpest tool...

but ok Henry... wouldn't be getting a game for us this year. Johnson is better. Mitchell has completely fixed our clearance issues. So.... thanks Geelong.

Nice deflections...Now back on topic. We were discussing Geelong's magic salary cap and the super land deals down Geelong way. Will Bailey Smith and Parish be buying on the surf coast or on the Peninsula? Portarlington perhaps? I hear you can pick up great farmland down there for a song.

not sharpest tool...

but ok Henry... wouldn't be getting a game for us this year. Johnson is better. Mitchell has completely fixed our clearance issues. So.... thanks Geelong.

Nice deflections...Now back on topic. We were discussing Geelong's magic salary cap and the super land deals down Geelong way. Will Bailey Smith and Parish be buying on the surf coast or on the Peninsula? Portarlington perhaps? I hear you can pick up great farmland down there for a song.
No doubt you think you're being clever, but take this as a bit of friendly advice - you're coming across as a hilariously obsessed nuffie who's still reeling from the arse-tearing Geelong have given Collingwood so routinely in finals in recent history, and now that we're cementing ourselves in the top 8 those past scars are starting to rear their ugly head once again.

2007 Prelim - heartbreaking loss against the Cats, Geelong go on to win the flag.
2009 Prelim - crushing loss to the Cats, Geelong go on to win the flag.
2011 GF - torn apart on the biggest stage of all, Geelong obviously win the flag.
2022 QF - the masters of the 'close finishers' get Gary Rohan'd and become a laughing stock, and you guessed it, Geelong go on to win the flag.

So while the quivering and shitflinging is understandable, maybe reel it in a bit and try and retain a modicum of composure. Surely this year the Pies wont bundle it in the finals, the Colliwobbles are far too good for that nowadays, right...?

not sharpest tool...

Johnson: 18.9 from 13 games. 8 touches a game.

O.Henry: 27.16 from 16 games. 10 touches a game

Rohan: 18.7 from 12 games. 8 touches a game.

Not only is he not better than Henry. He’s outdone by Rohan.

You forfeit the ability to accuse other clubs of salary cap rorting when your own club is stuck paying a couple of overpaid plodders to play for other teams, but we're getting a tad off topic here, this is supposed to be a match thread.

So to get back on topic, how about that young Henry kid? He's got talent to burn - speaking hypothetically of course but I'd hate to see a potential elite young talent like that walk out on us. Looks like a set and forget 10+ year player.

HE CHAMPED YOU

Yes because everyone is lured by cold water and waves.

Next you’ll start on property deals and tell us how Geelong is the only area of Australia in which a real estate market exists

Yes because everyone is lured by cold water and waves.

Next you’ll start on property deals and tell us how Geelong is the only area of Australia in which a real estate market exists
I thought it was all the pubs the club controls and doles out like gold stars in a kindergarten. ;)

This lineup is starting to gel nicely with the new faces, getting better at the under pressure handball chains, and a more in sync D6. JC getting his form together will help a lot.

Back