Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 18 - Cats v Bombers Sat July 15th 7:25pm AEST (GMHBA)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 37.8%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Why did Essendon play at gmhba? Yeah I get it was a Geelong home game but I thought they always chose to play the big clubs at the G. Have ess ever played there before? Don’t get me wrong I think it’s only fair that all clubs including the big ones should have to go there if that’s geel home ground but I can’t recall seeing this before.

Why did Essendon play at gmhba? Yeah I get it was a Geelong home game but I thought they always chose to play the big clubs at the G. Have ess ever played there before? Don’t get me wrong I think it’s only fair that all clubs including the big ones should have to go there if that’s geel home ground but I can’t recall seeing this before.
Geelong wanted us there because they know they can beat us up affraid to get any other big vic club.

Geelong wanted us there because they know they can beat us up affraid to get any other big vic club.

Geelong aren't afraid to get any other big club.
We already smashed you at the MCG early on. This was our home game.
We play Collingwood at the MCG and can't wait but it would be nice to get a home game against them too. Likewise Richmond.

Cats had a nice win.
Bring on Brisbane at their fortress. This will tell us exactly where Geelong are at.

Geelong aren't afraid to get any other big club.
We already smashed you at the MCG early on. This was our home game.
We play Collingwood at the MCG and can't wait but it would be nice to get a home game against them too. Likewise Richmond.

Cats had a nice win.
Bring on Brisbane at their fortress. This will tell us exactly where Geelong are at.
If we got the Pies down here we'd win by forfeit. The bus would get lost.

Usually we play that country game at the MCG and we rotate the home/away side each time. Other than that, in the last several years, Bombers/Geelong double-up games have tended to be rare, but we have frequently played Essendon at their home - Docklands, where there would be crowds of 30-40k (most recent was sub-30k). If it's okay for Bombers to host us at Marvel, then I fail to understand what the problem is with them going to KP if this is in addition to the "country" game. While the capacity is reduced now, when the stand is completed, we would come close to being able to accommodate the numbers that we would get when Essendon's home game was at Marvel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering Essendon lives in the minds of many BigFooty North fans rent free I would advance that the fact the bombers played at Geelong’s HOME ground would be celebrated by them.

Considering Essendon lives in the minds of many BigFooty North fans rent free I would advance that the fact the bombers played at Geelong’s HOME ground would be celebrated by them.
You’ve misinterpreted my post. I don’t give a s**t that ess played you there - it’s actually about bloody time it’s not just the smaller clubs, but I was just wondering why, as it’s a rarity. Get over yourself.

Bailey Smith, Parish... The magical Geelong salary cap is alive and well.
Unlike your mob we actually handle our SC sensibly , the retirements will help pay for the new recruits whoever they may be

Meanwhile Coll are still paying for Treloar and Grundy and still looking at a blowout should Daicos win the brownlow

Back