Roast Off-season sackings

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmm... C7 News promo says they'll have Pyke on calling for a review of football dept
The question is why has he waited until now, when we have effectively zero chance of making the finals at all. Everyone can see we'd fallen off the cliff 6 or 8 weeks ago with consistent second half capitulations occurring almost every week. We need a clean-out from top to bottom both off-field and on-field. Another wasted season playing has-beens instead of making the hard calls and opting for youth. I really don't think anyone should be off the table in our pursuit of talent in the draft / off-season. Even the likes of Sloane (who hasn't seemed spot on this year - I suspect due to the family tragedy earlier in the year).

Another poster commented that Smith should be captain, and I think that's not a bad option. Tex only stays if he loses a few kilos and has some speed and agility training in pre-season. I'd de-list Dougie, JJ (trade if we can to someone like GC), Mackay, Otten as a minimum. Even Betts should be told that he'll be playing SNAFL for the majority of next year. Sauce should retire or be traded, and we simply can't be playing both Crouches, unless we pick up some real outside options with pace. We need pace all over the ground - our defenders are even slow - fancy Elliot getting 5 against us, when he's hardly had a kick all year.

From Saturday's debacle, the only keepers in my view are Smith, Laird, Talia, O'Brien and Fogarty. I know Seed played ok, but he's inconsistent, and a B-grader at best. Milera's not up to it, soft and inconsistent, Kelly is hopelessly slow in disposing of the ball as is Hartigan.

Rant over, season over!

The hotel baron on triple m who won a brownlow in 2003 says changes will happen at the end of the season.

The best one will be to replace him with josh Jenkins.

I promised myself that I wouldn't do it, but I made the mistake of venturing into the Crows Pride Forum on Facebook.

FMD I felt like throwing my phone against the wall, that place is filled to the brim with medicority lovers who believe that the club is completely above reproach.

Seeing that sort of garbage leaves me with zero faith that we're ever going to see any change at the club, there's just too many out there are too deluded to ever believe that change is needed.

That Crows Pride Forum is just the opposite of many posters on here and like here they are a tiny fraction of the supporter base.

If you talk to anyone IRL who follow the Crows, the theme is the same, something not right and they need to fix it it.

I kind of get how this year happened

They were hoping for getting the best out of the 2017 squad members ....... BUT

We haven’t fallen off a cliff we didn’t know was there - we’ve full throttled Thelma And Louise style
Adios
Burton
Ben ****ing Hart and his stupid press conference hat and his look at me I’m a AFL coach smug smirk
Campo - too bad for too long

Stop recruiting 25 + basketballers and send all the oldies off for draft picks

Im very excited for next monday and onwards.. finally (we hope) there will be some big changes.
I dont think Pyke will lose his job. if Campo, Hart and Godden go and Pyke gets a couple of blikes that he picks that would be a good start. Noway Burton or Roo go and Fagan has it too easy here so he wont go.

On field:
Hunter
Otten
Douglas
Mackay
Jenkins

Jacobs (might have to try keep him for ruck back up)
Gibbs if we can get something for him
Tom Lynch good trade bait
Greenwood- gone
Keath - gone
Hartigan- try get rid of him
Atkins - try get rid og him
Knight- attitude problems and hes very average.

I kind of get how this year happened

They were hoping for getting the best out of the 2017 squad members ....... BUT

We haven’t fallen off a cliff we didn’t know was there - we’ve full throttled Thelma And Louise style
Adios
Burton
Ben ****ing Hart and his stupid press conference hat and his look at me I’m a AFL coach smug smirk
Campo - too bad for too long

Stop recruiting 25 + basketballers and send all the oldies off for draft picks
Yeah, in some ways this year could be a good year for the club, in that it may drive real change.
The 3 you listed have to be the first 3 out the door. Anything after that is a bonus. I'm not sure whether getting rid of pyke is the answer or not, to me the constant chopping and changing of a senior coach isn't good, but they have to be the right coach to keep them and I'm not convinced of that either.
I think keeping Betts and Tex around for another year is OK, but the rest have to go. You could mount an argument about keeping Jacobs as backup, but honestly I could not care less, I'd rather play without a ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rucci saying this morning a premiership player is considering a return to the club to establish a new leadership direction.. who could it be?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Likely just Ricci BS but who would even fit the bill that’s still involved in footy?

New leadership direction sounds like footy manager as you can’t alter direction much from the assistant ranks.

I will be writing a strong email to Fagan this week as someone who has supported this club since day 1.

I have had enough & the club must make substantial changes including cleaning out the smug incompetent Burton.

Best football department my arse with the worst football manager.
I reckon I could almost write his reply word for word.

Rucci saying this morning a premiership player is considering a return to the club to establish a new leadership direction.. who could it be?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not sure besides Pittmann or Bickley who that would be. I had a look through the names, there are a number still involed with football but I can't see any of them taking on a significant role at the club.

I will be writing a strong email to Fagan this week as someone who has supported this club since day 1.

I have had enough & the club must make substantial changes including cleaning out the smug incompetent Burton.

Best football department my arse with the worst football manager.

How dare you challenge them with your primitive skill. Shut up and keep spending peasant.

Ricciuto has to step back, is he really the switched on businessman with enormous football knowledge or is he someone who happened to be genetically gifted for football and fell into some business opportunities because of who he is.

Recent comments like making the 8 is the goal until you mathematically can't do it points to him having no vision or ability to think outside of football cliches, him sighting us backing in Burton and Hass to turn things around, rather than overreacting and removing them after our injury crisis last year as a major success is just scary, considering our inability to run out 4 quarters all year.

Last edited:
Otten (Ret, sent to SANFL team)
McKay (Ret)
Atkins (Trade)
Hartigan (Trade, or cut)
Douglas (Ret, sent to SANFL team)
Jacobs (Trade, compo pick)
Jenkins (Trade)
Greenwood (Trade)
Keath (Trade)

Wilson (Cut)
Hunter (Cut)