Women's Footy Crows AFLW Season 2023 Off Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PSP is finished now, so I guess we only lost Woodland :thumbsu: The trade and sign period is ongoing so we could still have a player request to leave, but presumably anyone who wanted to go to Port would have used the PSP to do so. So anyone who does want to leave needs to be willing to go interstate to do so.

Brisbane seems the hardest hit team so far, with Emily Bates and Greta Bodey leaving in the PSP, and Jesse Wardlaw seeking a trade as well, all three are real losses. They are also losing Lulu Pullar who I don't really know.

I asked my mate who works for them and he said none of their players want to leave
I mean, with the exception of North Melbourne, no other club in Victoria seem to even give a sh*t. And who'd want to go to North?

The PSP is finished now, so I guess we only lost Woodland :thumbsu: The trade and sign period is ongoing so we could still have a player request to leave, but presumably anyone who wanted to go to Port would have used the PSP to do so. So anyone who does want to leave needs to be willing to go interstate to do so.

Brisbane seems the hardest hit team so far, with Emily Bates and Greta Bodey leaving in the PSP, and Jesse Wardlaw seeking a trade as well, all three are real losses. They are also losing Lulu Pullar who I don't really know.
Bates are Wardlaw are huge losses. Feel for Brisbane. They are constantly losing top tier talent. Luckily for them, they always manage to bounce back.

Bad news for Hannah Button.

Two-time Adelaide premiership player Hannah Button will miss Season Eight after tearing her anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) on Wednesday night.

Button was training with her SANFLW team West Adelaide when she injured her left knee during a training drill and will have surgery in coming weeks.

It is the second time she has torn her ACL after also suffering the injury to her right knee in 2019.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interested if there will be any more delistings to take place after Button’s injury. I would’ve had her on the ‘to be delisted’ list anyway, game had past her by post her first ACL, if she chooses to continue to play on post this injury will be interesting to see what happens as given her recent form she probably doesn’t deserve another contract.

Also intriguing that there’s been no news on what’s happening with Jas Simmons given she is a rookie and the club has just signed Taylah Levy as a rookie and I thought given the list makeup you could only have one rookie, but who knows if that’s changed. Simmons shouldn’t even be on an SANFLW list in terms of her talent/quality she possesses at Australian rules football.

So I believe the trade period is now finished, right? If so, once again the persistent trade rumours for Ponter, McKinnon etc came to nothing. Fortunate for us!

With Button injured, we'll get one additional pick at the end of the draft.

I guess the article I read on womens.afl saying the trade period was already finished was wrong, because apparently we're still active and looking to trade for Jess Allan! This article says the trade period ends at COB today.

No word yet on what we would give up for her. Apparently the army training that kept interrupting her seasons is now finally finished, so presumably she will be available to play if she's good enough to earn her spot.

Also, according to that article Hewett is still on our list. Not sure yet whether she will remain inactive or not.

We could potentially line up this year with McKinnon and Allan sharing ruck duties while Gould plays permanent forward and Prowse plays permanent defender. Would be a tall side! Hewett as backup ruck.

Except we also gave up our pick 1 and 2
It's not a real draft. It's a mature age supplementary draft, so it has no impact on our ability to grab the best junior in the country later this year.

It's like us trading a mid season draft pick

Last edited:
So our list changes so far

OUT: Ash Woodland (expansion), Marijana Rajcic (retired), Ailish Considine (delisted), Jas Simmons (traded) Dayna Cox (retired, inactive)
IN: Sarah Goodwin, Jess Allan, Taylah Levy

Likely to also gain Leah Cutting from St Kilda, who they delisted

Button inactive due to ACL. Will Varnhagen return?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back