Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was bought in because of Toby Greene.
He pretty much kicked someone in the face and was using his boot to kick defenders away front on.

Personally, I'm glad they made the new interpretation.
We want to encourage high marks IMO.
Agree 100%. Those Reiwoldt free kicks aren't what the rule was brought in for. It's like the sliding in rule a few years ago - changed the whole rules of the game over a once off incident. I'm actually glad they had the balls to correct the interpretation. Greene should have been deal;t with by the MRO under "Unduly Rough Play" or some such umbrella.

Agree 100%. Those Reiwoldt free kicks aren't what the rule was brought in for. It's like the sliding in rule a few years ago - changed the whole rules of the game over a once off incident. I'm actually glad they had the balls to correct the interpretation. Greene should have been deal;t with by the MRO under "Unduly Rough Play" or some such umbrella.

Before all this what was the accepted ruling when a player did a fend off with raised studs?

Just re-watched that game. Reiwoldt was sticking his studs out at any opportunity!
He injured Shep to the knee and got Barrass in the side/back hip area.
Now the rules have been modified after Softwick and Hissyfit complained..unbelievable?
No mention of the player's safety or injury.
Grrrr...seriously hope a team blows the over-inflated Tigers balloon out of the air!

*As a side note - Lyons has been sacked!!! Woohoo, good for Freo, and no longer have to look at his miserable mug on the TV!!

Last edited:
Before all this what was the accepted ruling when a player did a fend off with raised studs?
Should it be a free kick for a push? You can't shove someone out of the way in a marking contest with an arm or a forearm so wouldn't have thought a foot was any difference. One of those on the weekend Reiwoldt landed before he took the mark, surely that's just a run of the mill free for a push out?

Should it be a free kick for a push? You can't shove someone out of the way in a marking contest with an arm or a forearm so wouldn't have thought a foot was any difference. One of those on the weekend Reiwoldt landed before he took the mark, surely that's just a run of the mill free for a push out?
What's the difference between jumping and putting a knee in? Would remove all high marking of that was the case.

What's the difference between jumping and putting a knee in? Would remove all high marking of that was the case.

The only push from a knee comes from the momentum of the marker. Jack actually pushed with his leg in a separate motion after making contact on at least one of them.

Not saying it should be illegal or not, but that's the difference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would that improve freos chance of getting Kelly?
They reportedly have to pay Rosko half a mill to leave, so not sure how that works for Kelly?
But as Zerg said, Kelly nailed to their masthead would certainly make Freo's future look shiny!!?
And a 'New Freo' might be an attractive proposition for Kelly, why not?

Difference is when you put the knee into someone, your generally closer to the ball drop zone. With sticking he boot in, you can be generally a fair way off the contest and create space from your opponent that might have a better position. Granted body work is similar yet you again have to be closer to the ball drop zone. If that's the rule then fine, we just need to learn to exploit it.

I was more referring to the 2 movements, where he pushes a player out with the foot, lands, then takes the mark. I'd argue the same if a player did it with the knee too. It's almost an 'unrealistic attempt', insofar that the push occurs, the players ends up with his foot on the ground, then takes the mark.

I've got no issues if the player stays airborne for the duration of the marking attempt.

I was more referring to the 2 movements, where he pushes a player out with the foot, lands, then takes the mark. I'd argue the same if a player did it with the knee too. It's almost an 'unrealistic attempt', insofar that the push occurs, the players ends up with his foot on the ground, then takes the mark.

I've got no issues if the player stays airborne for the duration of the marking attempt.
Yeah, agree with that

Don’t know how anyone can watch that show. Having to sit through Caro lisping her way through a bunch of biased Vic rhetoric coz she’s a Tigers tragic, and having Barrett giving his uninformed opinion on footy is enough to make me want to throw my tv out the window.
didnt realise it was still on - avoid at all cost

Kane is a troll, but that show's identity is basically trolling so he's an ideal fill-in there. I don't generally like the way he goes about it, but in that instance he's not saying anything that we haven't already been hearing for weeks. I think trying to get a rise out of Caro is mandatory for everyone on the show, as is Caro using "that's the way it has always been" as an argument against improving something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back