Bluemour Discussion Thread XVIII - Please Sir, Can We Have More?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A key aspect of Shiel’s decision was reportedly establishing some links for a future property investment career, likewise Judd’s selection of Carlton was apparently heavily influenced by a potentially strong connection to the then President. Is a connection to key business interests (and the Blues) beyond footy likely to influence Coniglio?

Nope.

He just wants to come to the Catholic Club.

Doubt Coniglio will stay at GWS - if AFL top up his payment to match Carlton - that would be a very high profile case of interfering....

I reckon GWS's problem isn't player retention - it is their coach, been obvious for a couple of years that Cameron hasn't been able to get anywhere near the best out of the mountain of talent he has at his disposal. Coniglio not signing yet - means (to me) he is gone OR is waiting on something to happen at GWS.

As for where he might end up - I think that Clarkson continues to be a big drawcard to certain types of players who may be looking to play at a continually successful Club...O'Meara/Mitchell/Scully/Wingard - these are all A graders re-populating and rejuvenating Hawforn's supposedly dead list in record time.

In this regard with no information at ll to call on but looking at the equation from a player's perspective - Teague isn't Clarkson as far as coaching gravitas goes and unless Hawforn's dollars are ridiculously lower than Carlton's - chances are the rabbit ends up at Hawforn - similar logic to why Shiel chose EssenDONE last year....

I agree to some extent, Hawthorn have a reasonable core of players entering or at prime age for performance.
Add Cogs to a midfield that includes Mitchell, JOM, Worpel & McEvoy and it's close to the best going around. Bit of a question on depth but they could instantly contend.

Clarkson, whatever people may think of him, remains a draw card.

However I also feel that our back half of the year has probably highlighted many of our appealing qualities. Young list ready to explode, traditional club with huuuuuge supporter base.

I agree to some extent, Hawthorn have a reasonable core of players entering or at prime age for performance.
Add Cogs to a midfield that includes Mitchell, JOM, Worpel & McEvoy and it's close to the best going around. Bit of a question on depth but they could instantly contend.

However I also feel that our back half of the year has probably highlighted many of our appealing qualities. Young list ready to explode, traditional club with huuuuuge supporter base.

Plus don't forget, it's very hard for someone with Italian heritage to resist the draw of Lygon :cool::cool::cool:

Doubt Coniglio will stay at GWS - if AFL top up his payment to match Carlton - that would be a very high profile case of interfering....

I reckon GWS's problem isn't player retention - it is their coach, been obvious for a couple of years that Cameron hasn't been able to get anywhere near the best out of the mountain of talent he has at his disposal. Coniglio not signing yet - means (to me) he is gone OR is waiting on something to happen at GWS.

As for where he might end up - I think that Clarkson continues to be a big drawcard to certain types of players who may be looking to play at a continually successful Club...O'Meara/Mitchell/Scully/Wingard - these are all A graders re-populating and rejuvenating Hawforn's supposedly dead list in record time.

In this regard with no information at ll to call on but looking at the equation from a player's perspective - Teague isn't Clarkson as far as coaching gravitas goes and unless Hawforn's dollars are ridiculously lower than Carlton's - chances are the rabbit ends up at Hawforn - similar logic to why Shiel chose EssenDONE last year....

As per Neale to Brissy, I think we just need to be able to convince him our rise is assured.

Last season it was 2 wins and the prospect of another 2+ seasons before playing finals. Can understand why Shiel was attracted to Essendon instead of us.

This season we've had a really strong run in the second half, 5 wins from 10 games, 3 close losses, two reasonably showings against top four sides.

Hopefully it's enough to convince Coniglio that we're better than our ladder position indicates, and finals are the benchmark next season, with or without him. Up to him if he wants to be part of it.

Pick 1 to Crows, media and supporters would go for his head. Also SOS was weighing up his options halfway through this year.

Oh no! Not the media!

How bizarre to suggest the club should act on the basis of what they and fans put forward, when so many have completely missed the point of the trade, and continue to misinterpret it.

As for weighing up his options, I'd ask for a source on that one, but my guess is you won't be able to give me much. Maybe something from Tom Browne or an equivalent gutter 'journalist'?

Don’t believe everything you hear or read .. club haven’t heard from Coniglio camp as yet.

Doubt we will until they're out of finals, and I'd think Cogs would have respect for GWS to wait until then too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard call to get a genuine A grader over - before finals. Once we are playing finals year in year out - much easier. if it comes down to choosing between the two Clubs - I'd rate Carlton's chances V Hawforn atm as a 30/70 split their way. that said- I think Clarkson hit the panic button meeting with Coniglio and being public about it - maybe hawforn are sensing a change in the FA playing field.

If Cas were to be traded to GC i'd be enquiring about Peter Wright as part of a deal.
We don't need anymore tall forwards. What we do need to address is small forwards, quality depth in the midfield, another ruckman and perhaps some speed out of defence.

We don't need anymore tall forwards. What we do need to address is small forwards, quality depth in the midfield, another ruckman and perhaps some speed out of defence.

Exactly, we currently have 7 tall forwards on the list (if we count BSOS and DeKoning), so I'd be looking at something else in return

100% agree.

From the sounds of it everyone reckons TDK will be yet another tall forward or 50/50 backup Ruck as well. We need a quality small forward desperately. Kudos to Gibbons for doing his best this season out of his natural position.

Just for the record, can a journo ask Gil about Patton leaving GWS?

The guy is parking himself on the sidelines and not participating in either seniors or reserves to ensure he doesnt get re-injured prior to a trade.....

Gil suggests Coniglio (a free agent) should stay, but says nothing of a former high draft pick key forward who is refusing to line up for his team....what a mess

Just for the record, can a journo ask Gil about Patton leaving GWS?

The guy is parking himself on the sidelines and not participating in either seniors or reserves to ensure he doesnt get re-injured prior to a trade.....

Gil suggests Coniglio (a free agent) should stay, but says nothing of a former high draft pick key forward who is refusing to line up for his team....what a mess
👍

100% agree.

From the sounds of it everyone reckons TDK will be yet another tall forward or 50/50 backup Ruck as well. We need a quality small forward desperately. Kudos to Gibbons for doing his best this season out of his natural position.

I think it's too early to tell for TDK, he has the athletic tools to become a really good ruckman IMO, just needs to fill out a bit before he can play there full time.

Oh no! Not the media!

How bizarre to suggest the club should act on the basis of what they and fans put forward, when so many have completely missed the point of the trade, and continue to misinterpret it.

As for weighing up his options, I'd ask for a source on that one, but my guess is you won't be able to give me much. Maybe something from Tom Browne or an equivalent gutter 'journalist'?

They'd have every right to - clubs been very vocal in the last few weeks about mutual relationship between the two parties. The source was a premiership player.

k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back