Recommitted Shai Bolton [re-signed until 2021]

Remove this Banner Ad

100% you would

Brander has done nothing yet but would still be at the value he was drafted on potential, Trade value is a combination of things and it depends on the age of the player and what he has done in his years in the AFL. Weller didnt get #2 on what he had displayed at freo but more on his potential

They’d get a pick for Brander cause clubs value talls a bit diff. Probably not the same pick they got for him, but close enough.

Weller got Freo Pick 2 cause GC blinked at Freo not wanting to give him up. Put a high price on him not intending to sell and they blinked. Also, potential mixed with a good young player wanting in to the club.

They’d get a pick for Brander cause clubs value talls a bit diff. Probably not the same pick they got for him, but close enough.

Weller got Freo Pick 2 cause GC blinked at Freo not wanting to give him up. Put a high price on him not intending to sell and they blinked. Also, potential mixed with a good young player wanting in to the club.
Weller can't even make top 10 in best and fairest compare To ballard who is part of that deal. Getting two players for pick 2 is worth it if you pick the right one at 40+. Trade is all about getting the deal done regardless of which club you support.

I had him gone halfway through the year. However he is now pretty firmly in the best 22, and likely to improve, so the lure of gametime elsewhere may have reduced that factor.

Given he is settled and happy in Melbourne along with a girl who reportedly moved over/lives here, I probably see it as 60/40 he stays.

Don't be suprised if we announce it in the next couple of weeks, as we have done in the past on the eve of finals.

His managers tactics of driving up his value must have worked

STOP THE PRESSERS

His manager tried to get him the best deal he could, so pretty much what every single other good manager does?

Similar to North and Gaff huh?

STOP THE PRESSERS

His manager tried to get him the best deal he could, so pretty much what every single other good manager does?

Similar to North and Gaff huh?

Did I say there was anything wrong with it? It's stock standard in the industry

How? No reports have surfaced of our offer being increased.

Cool story though, next time add a dragon :)

Sorry didn't realize you were part of the football department at Richmond to confirm details, my mistake

So no coincidence to you at all the contract talks are on hold, something gets leaked about West Coast making an offer and the next minute Bolton finalizes the 3 year deal he's been sitting on for weeks now apparently? Yeah nothing suss

Well done to Bolton and his manager, looks like they've played it beautifully.

This is how the Eagles get Kelly and Bolton.

Western Bulldogs Receive: Jack Petrucclle
West Coast Receive: Pick 30

Geelong Receive: Pick 14, 22 and Jarrod Brander
West Coast Receive: Tim Kelly and Pick 54.

Richmond Receive: Pick 30 and Pick 54
West Coast Receive: Shai Bolton

In: Tim Kelly-Geelong, Shai Bolton-Richmond, Pick 30.
Out: Jarrod Brander-Geelong, Jack Pettruclle-Western Bulldogs, Pick 14,22 and 54.

Out: Jarrod Brander-Geelong, Jack Pettruclle-Western Bulldogs, Pick 14,22 and 54.

hahahaha

no

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Richmond get a bit screwed there I have to admit. Suspect you will probably end up with a a player and a pick if Bolton does indeed go back to WA.

makes no sense for us

we got him for pick 29, 3 years of development and clear improvement to the point where he is in our best 22 and we are gonna let him go for 30 and 54?

no chance

Sorry didn't realize you were part of the football department at Richmond to confirm details, my mistake

So no coincidence to you at all the contract talks are on hold, something gets leaked about West Coast making an offer and the next minute Bolton finalizes the 3 year deal he's been sitting on for weeks now apparently? Yeah nothing suss

Well done to Bolton and his manager, looks like they've played it beautifully.
Its been on hold since the beginning of the year as per his manager, this didnt just happen hahaha

I also didnt realise you were privy to contract information as you clearly have inside knowledge that the Eagles have driven up his price, wow.

makes no sense for us

we got him for pick 29, 3 years of development and clear improvement to the point where he is in our best 22 and we are gonna let him go for 30 and 54?

no chance
Yeah true good point. Okay what about this.

Geelong Receive: Pick 14, 22 and Jarrod Brander.

Richmond Receive: Pick 30 and 2020 2nd Round Pick.
West Coast Receive: Shai Bolton and 2020 3rd Round Pick.

Yeah true good point. Okay what about this.

Geelong Receive: Pick 14, 22 and Jarrod Brander.

Richmond Receive: Pick 30 and 2020 2nd Round Pick.
West Coast Receive: Shai Bolton and 2020 3rd Round Pick.

still not close to worth it for us

basically we are getting the pick we used on him back, plus a 1 round pick upgrade the following year

makes no sense for us

no chance

If he wants to go back to WA, get Freo in the action, they have a lot more attractive assets for trade (both picks and players) than the Eagles
But if he is firm on going to WCE, you might have to settle on a quality Vic kid and a pick, cause the Eagles are going for broke on Kelly it seems. I agree the situation does suck for Richmond.

Its been on hold since the beginning of the year as per his manager, this didnt just happen hahaha

I also didnt realise you were privy to contract information as you clearly have inside knowledge that the Eagles have driven up his price, wow.

On hold all year and it gets formalized a few days after a leak says the Eagles are interested? Common sense isn't that common it seems.

I've got a bridge to sell you in Sydney, just one owner, a little old lady who only used it to drive to church on Sunday, will give you a great deal mate!

doesnt mean we will take donuts

plus its irrelevant as he is staying
Its not going to matter because it sounds like he's going to be re-signed but it doesnt matter "what makes sense" for Richmond. you never get full value for an uncontracted player.

I cant imagine Bolton has enough runs on the board to go for a 1st round pick as an uncontracted player.

We'll likely never know I guess

Sure mate sounds like wce are getting reamed with a sandy 12 inch .

30 for a contracted petracelle

1st + 22 + brander for kelly

Both horrible trades

Oh i see we also get back pick 54 ! That makes it so much better

On hold all year and it gets formalized a few days after a leak says the Eagles are interested? Common sense isn't that common it seems.

I've got a bridge to sell you in Sydney, just one owner, a little old lady who only used it to drive to church on Sunday, will give you a great deal mate!
Formalised? Ooh do tell oh wise one

Remove this Banner Ad

Back