Bluemour Discussion Thread XVIII - Please Sir, Can We Have More?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really think that there are 5000 new members that will sign up because of Eddie? Getting any new member is hard enough, but that many new members just for one player is a dream
We'll be up to 75,000 members within 3 years.

I heard a rumour that Carlton are confident they can snare Joe Blow and think they can come up with a trade that will satisfy Apricot.

Apricot get - 2019 1st (Adelaide pick), 2020 1st, 2019 3rd, Levi Casboult, Caleb Marchbank, Lachie Plowman, Tom De Koning, Nic Newman.

Carlton get - Joe Blow, 2019 2nd (for Sam De Koning), 2019 4th, 2019 5th, 2020 4th, 2020 5th. What do you guys think?
I think you’re a dickhead

Exactly. We need plenty of quality, not just one or two elites. And nobody is chucking us a Josh Kelly for pick 8.

Taylor Adams just dominated Geelong in the qualifying final. Someone like him would be great at the Blues.

Another GWS reject.

Eddy at early 33, twilight of career and having extracted circa 6-8M in contract and endoresment deals across a decent career doesn't 'need' Carlton. It seems he feels he has more to give and would like to do so reconnecting with Teague / Carlton, get out of the Adelaide sh*t storm. We are rebuilding lack small forward capability but good developing list and plenty of moving parts this trade period. We don't 'need' Betts per se either, but could be handy for a season or two + off field stuff. Given where both parties are at, it would be a pretty easy deal and benefit both sides. SOS would be aware of this and Betts, management also. He would not cost much. This is why it will prob get done. Neither really need each other but both would get a good short term outcome if it did materialise. He would be a good get for the club, and if he kicks 30 odd goals for a couple of years which by all indicators would suggest he probably would before moving into an off field role then great.

I think you’ve completely missed my point.

Eddie “needs” Carlton because he apparently hates what Crows have become and desperately wants out.

I doubt any other Melbourne club would help Crows to swallow Betts $600k contract for 2020.

My point being:

SOS has other options to resolve our need for small forwards.
I doubt Eddie has any other options at all (except maybe Gold Coast - which doesn’t make much sense if he has 4 kids and his wife’s family is in Melbourne).

Hence IMHO Betts needs Carlton more than Carlton needs him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you’ve completely missed my point.

Eddie “needs” Carlton because he apparently hates what Crows have become and desperately wants out.

I doubt any other Melbourne club would help Crows to swallow Betts $600k contract for 2020.

My point being:

SOS has other options to resolve our need for small forwards.
I doubt Eddie has any other options at all (except maybe Gold Coast - which doesn’t make much sense if he has 4 kids and his wife’s family is in Melbourne).

Hence IMHO Betts needs Carlton more than Carlton needs him.

Eddie doesn’t need Carlton at all, he would just like to finish his Career at the Blues.

Blues are not going to absorb his $600k, if he comes it will be on less money.?(crows will not pay any if it as they would rather keep him if they have to pay any of it)

Don’t believe what you read about him hating it at the crows. He will stay if Carlton do not want him.

I was passed on this info by the person who told me we were after libba plus bomber and cousins as coaches last year.

SOS is winding back to clock to his glory days of 5 for the price of 1 deals. He is bringing the crew back together for a 3rd round pick. Jacobs, Gibbs and Betts. Sticking point on the trade was that Adelaide were after a former leading goal kicker at the club to replace for Betts' output, but didn't realise Matty Wright retired (things are a little slow in that country town so news has taken a year to get there). SOS approached Gill to see if we could somehow get Wright back on the list before trade period, initially he wasn't receptive as it was seen to be helping Carlton, but SOS put together a presentation showing that Gibbs, Jacobs and Betts are all on the decline and Matty Wright has managed to increase his output even while being retired so will only be a benefit to the Crows (SOS is a genius). After that Gill was on board and is coming up with some loophole to make this happen as he wants to do all he can to make sure the Crows get their man.

Still a lot of water to go under the bridge, but watch this space......

#Bluemour

I refuse to watch this space

Hey guys, I have been reading the comments posted here for a few weeks without contributing so i decided to make an account to post.

What i gather from info circulating the gameplan is:
Plan A - Cogs ❌
Plan B - gun mid (whitfield, someone not mentioned, etc) with cheaper small fwds coming in. Unlikely
Plan C - Papley + Martin or established mid that doesnt cost much. More likely
Plan D - Martin and low cost fwds keeping pick 8 in our hands.

We can also assume that Sos will try and get the best value and go to the next plan without selling the farm.

Most likely trade scenario:
In Out
Papley pick 8
Pick 23 pick 39
Values Papley at pick 14

Martin pick 23

Then trade late picks for cameron, butler, betts, cutler or whoever is highest on Carltons list. This scenario also keeps all our draft capital for next year intact.

It should be achievable and we should have some leverage despite contract lengths because:

- We can walk away and grab a small fwd on the cheap easier than a key fwd.
- Swans needs another first rounder to deal for daniher
- * need to release daniher to pick up 2 first rounders for a quality inside mid like wines and have no first round pick (they also have to use one at the draft next year)

Im confident we can pick up Papley without swapping out two first round picks! In sos we trust.

Hey guys, I have been reading the comments posted here for a few weeks without contributing so i decided to make an account to post.

Plan A - Cogs ❌
Plan B - gun mid (whitfield, someone not mentioned, etc) with cheaper small fwds coming in. Unlikely

We can also assume that Sos will try and get the best value and go to the next plan without selling the farm.

In Out
Papley pick 8
Pick 23 pick 39
Values Papley at pick 14

Martin pick 23

Then trade late picks for cameron, butler, betts, cutler or whoever is highest on Carltons list. This scenario also keeps all our draft capital for next year intact.

It should be achievable and we should have some leverage despite contract lengths because:

- * need to release daniher to pick up 2 first rounders for a quality inside mid like wines and have no first round pick (they also have to use one at the draft next year)

Im confident we can pick up Papley without swapping out two first round picks! In sos we trust.

Welcome and good start to your career!

They will come for you at some stage but stay strong.

Watch out for the private messages from Thylacine60, my advise is to ignore!!:p

Eddie doesn’t need Carlton at all, he would just like to finish his Career at the Blues.

Blues are not going to absorb his $600k, if he comes it will be on less money.?(crows will not pay any if it as they would rather keep him if they have to pay any of it)

Don’t believe what you read about him hating it at the crows. He will stay if Carlton do not want him.
Doesn’t like the environment at the Crows..

Plan A - Cogs

In Out
Papley pick 8
Pick 23 pick 39
Values Papley at pick 14

Martin pick 23

Welcome! I don’t think it’s an accident that the first time posters talk the most sense.

Enjoy losing your mind like the rest of us!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back