Game Day GWS Giants v Western Bulldogs, Finals Week 1 - 15:20 AEST, Sep 07, 2019

Who will win GWS v WB?

• GWS Giants <10

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • GWS Giants 10+ to <30

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • GWS Giants 30+

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • Bulldogs <10

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • Bulldogs 10+ to <30

Votes: 34 37.4%
  • Bulldogs 30+

Votes: 12 13.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We don’t need a wildcard round. It belongs in NFL as only 12 of the 32 sides make the playoffs.

I tend to agree. What we do need though is for the AFL to stop using the fixture as an equalisation measure. It robs fans of the best possible finals series, and actually acts counter to other measures, because teams that need access to higher picks actually get later picks after their draw inflated finishing positions.

So they bloody well should be competitive- they should have won flags by now. Like I said, they've had the luxury of multiple top 5 picks and just let the duds, the injured and ones who aren't super elite go. What an unbelievable armchair ride. While the rest of us can't afford to mess up one pick, it hasn't mattered for GWS.
Your lack of understanding someone else's words is astonishing

And if anything today's game shows H&A form is replicated always in finals.

GWS was beating Dogs at half time in round 22 then completely stopped in the second half. GWS's ladder position was already set at that point. I wonder what they could have had to gain from tanking the second half in that game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember it well.

Hawks were weak as piss and got run over, but we’re able to conveniently pass the buck and blame a poor umpiring decision.

No responsibility and it’s always someone else’s fault - admittedly it’s the modern way.
Not quite. Lost 2 keys players to injury by half time then got screwed by some appalling umpiring decisions from minor pushes against Sicily and O’Meara (that was OK’d by the AFL yet never enforced after that game) that gifted you 2 goals at a pivotal point of the game snuffing out any chance of us coming back. Pity the umps couldn’t get you over the line today. Ha ha. Enjoy your summer.

Back