Bluemour Melting Pot XIX - Give Me Ed Baby - Return of the Prodigal Son

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just remember the opposition constantly dragging him to the goal square and kicking goals on him. Lol. The best is that Fox Footy analysis clip with Kingy talking to the Pies players about tactics, all of the highlights were against Plowman. But can play small!

I remember Plowman repeatedly thrashing Danger in 1 v 1’s when taken deep forward a few years ago when Danger was at his peak.

I'm not digging the inferred idea that we go into this year's draft with a couple of picks in the 60s and/or 70s, particularly if we have drawn a line through Manton (perhaps not). I don't care where they come from but we have to at least give ourselves a chance. I don't like the culture of taking list management one or two years at a time because you end up paying for it when you least expect it. You always need a few players coming through the ranks.

Buntine rumour is interesting as I have heard through beer bottle glasses that we may not be completely finished with the GWS 3-1 specials. No idea who, so don't ask, just heard someone say they'd heard it in the paddock. Cant trust them ewes, or the sheep dog, or the nasty pigs, or the .........
Or cows...I mean Crows.

Papley - pick 8

Martin - next years second and pick 39

Butler - pick 44

Cameron - next years 3rd

Eddie - insert token 4th rounder here
I would do only one of those trades, and I suspect another one is the only one that all related parties would entertain, with caveats.

FWIW I think we should just focus on a solid Martin trade, get Cameron in as a DFA, and see if anything else falls our way a bit. No use in churning list spots when there's quality kids to be had.

I would do only one of those trades, and I suspect another one is the only one that all related parties would entertain, with caveats.

FWIW I think we should just focus on a solid Martin trade, get Cameron in as a DFA, and see if anything else falls our way a bit. No use in churning list spots when there's quality kids to be had.

Honestly think the Papley pick 8 deal will go down Jimbo, whether we like it or not.

I'm not digging the inferred idea that we go into this year's draft with a couple of picks in the 60s and/or 70s, particularly if we have drawn a line through Manton (perhaps not). I don't care where they come from but we have to at least give ourselves a chance. I don't like the culture of taking list management one or two years at a time because you end up paying for it when you least expect it. You always need a few players coming through the ranks.

I'm OK with having a minimal presence in this year's draft. With 18 teams in the comp, each team on average gets 1.5 picks in the top 27 each year. Since 2015 we've had 4, 2, 2, and 2, for a total of 10 (vs an average total of 6). We could have zero picks in the top 27 this year and next, and still be above average for the six years as a whole.

Doubt it will be quite as dire as nothing before pick 60, but even if it was I'd be OK with it for this year.

(And yes, 27 is a somewhat convenient number to pick as it just includes Fisher -- but it also just excludes TDK at 30, so it seems a reasonable benchmark.)

Not saying I think it’ll unfold like this, just showing a way it could be done

Have conceded I overstated the pick for Cameron but think the rest aren’t too bad. Can’t see us not giving up pick 8 for Papley

I’m happy to take 2 kids and upgrade Gibbo this draft, we have more than enough young talent to keep us relevant for a long time IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So apparently on the drafts and trading board pick 8 and Weitering for Papley is a 'fair deal
source.gif

Even Taylor knows...

Hands off the weits

Wait, you think it’s our backline to blame for losing games?

Despite the injuries to our backline, I’d suggest the lack of depth in the midfield, and even more so, the lack of connection to the forwardline, and the forwardline itself, that was much more to blame.

You’ve misread his comment. He was saying that the reason for the wins might’ve been due to playing with a smaller backline

I'm OK with having a minimal presence in this year's draft. With 18 teams in the comp, each team on average gets 1.5 picks in the top 27 each year. Since 2015 we've had 4, 2, 2, and 2, for a total of 10 (vs an average total of 6). We could have zero picks in the top 27 this year and next, and still be above average for the six years as a whole.

Doubt it will be quite as dire as nothing before pick 60, but even if it was I'd be OK with it for this year.

(And yes, 27 is a somewhat convenient number to pick as it just includes Fisher -- but it also just excludes TDK at 30, so it seems a reasonable benchmark.)
I wouldn't mind if it were the last three picks in the top 50 but the fact that it doesn't seem to be a good draft year this year is exactly why I don't want to be picking them at the very death.

I disagree, it is what gives him the point of difference in the modern game.

No longer the 70's 80's where players played a specified area, Tomlinson could drag his opponent forward and out mark them

And his speed would rival many quicker, smaller players

If Tomlinson’s speed and agility rivalled smaller players he would be the next buddy franklin l would think. Tomlinson has brilliant endurance, eg. 3000m time trial, not a wingman’s speed/agility over 20m-50m.

I haven’t had a stopwatch out timing the guy and l don’t have speed/agility tests for him but if l played him as a winger l would acknowledge he’s a big strong slower type who can run out a game with his endurance and can take a mark. Maybe that would be ok if that’s the type you want. I don’t think this type suits Carlton.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

If we go well in this trade period we should have a quality vfl team which means players will have to bash the door down 4 realz.

Been banging on for years as to just how important it is to have a competitive VFL team and it's no surprise that the same thing shows up year after year.
The better sides do well with both their teams - Their firsts and their seconds.

All the teams in the AFL finals had their VFL teams in the finals....except Collingwood, but to be fair they were very hard hit through injury.
North, StKilda, Carlton and Melbourne didn't have teams playing VFL finals.

One can argue that the better teams simply have the better depth, but I think it's more than that.
A well run VFL team fosters the better development and we haven't really had that in recent years.

Where has this talk of Weitering being involved in the Papley trade come from? Surely has to be a pisstake.
If by some chance it happens, then I will unleash a tirade of gifs that will have me permabanned!😡😆

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back