Preview 2019 Prelim Final - Tigers v Cats @ Punt Rd Oval, Fri 7:50pm

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorry, my error, it was Lambert who was missing. Not quite as big a deal as a Brownlow winning premiership captain, but nearly as important to our midfield in his own way (he's actually performed better than Cotchin statistically this year when he's been in). Though my main point was about the back line, which was severely decimated. I wasn't trying to back up the hyperbole about us having a "VFL" list, simply replying to the argument that we had no one of significance apart from Nank and Rance missing.

Just on Lambert ( and i havent watched alot of opposition games etc ) but i did watch Eagles v Tigers - and i just thought with Lambert ( who in your flag year i thought was an absolute gun) - he just didnt look as quick as dangerous as he did a couple of years ago .

The other thing i have noticed in Richmonds last couple of games - is Caddy is playing pretty well in an unusual role - seems to be floating between HB and wing - but still drifts forward and can kick a handy goal - because he is an accurate kick

We haven’t accomplished anything yet. Don’t think a semi final win is satisfactory after finishing top and now playing our 3rd prelim in 4 years. A win is a must for this club. Continual failure in September mustn’t be accepted. It’s very simple.

This is our roadblock - quite a few teams have them on the way to making a GF

About 4 years ago Pt Adelaide lost narrowly ( less than a kick ) to Haw in that PF - the bloke with the beard - Young - had a difficult shot to win the game - No one gave Port a chance pre game - if they had of prevailed they would have got the Swans in the GF - in my opinion they would have won by about 5 goals - Swans were shocking in a few GFs - and were no where near as good as Hawthorn at that stage

So if Geel could somehow get over Rich ( cant see it happening - but they are in their with some slim chance ) then i would be super confident in the GF .
Can not realistically select us to beat a well rested peak performing Tigers team with their army of supporters, us missing our MVP KF.
BUT can we hope for a Pies Prelim type performance, with Stanley impersonating Cox as a KF, and catching the Tigers a little flat after a second bye???
Some teams have had their GF moments already- Lions when they beat us, I hope Friday was not ours.

We haven’t accomplished anything yet. Don’t think a semi final win is satisfactory after finishing top and now playing our 3rd prelim in 4 years. A win is a must for this club. Continual failure in September mustn’t be accepted. It’s very simple.
Very difficult this very simple task is.
Firstly, this top spot is not a true measure of the team's worth.
Secondly, Richmond is clearly the form team of the comp, unbeaten since the bye, and nearly replete with all their key players. Losing to them is not a failure, but winning would be nothing short of miraculous.

Secondly, Richmond is clearly the form team of the comp, unbeaten since the bye, and nearly replete with all their key players. Losing to them is not a failure, but winning would be nothing short of miraculous.
No, it’s a failure! Losing is a failure.

Wotevs- we beat you by 67 points-so you’d want to be a lot improved by those players to make up that much ground, wouldn’t you.
Deep down I'm sure you accept that the night we played them was vastly different in circumstances and personnel to this Friday coming. Our team is inferior, and theirs is near complete, plus we actually peaked for that game, and still struggled with our first quarter.

Yeah but that’s a 50-1 chance. Stanley rarely plays a very good game whereby he uses his god given talents. Maybe a spell down there for a bit
How do you foresee us winning this structurally?

Can not realistically select us to beat a well rested peak performing Tigers team with their army of supporters, us missing our MVP KF.
BUT can we hope for a Pies Prelim type performance, with Stanley impersonating Cox as a KF, and catching the Tigers a little flat after a second bye???
Some teams have had their GF moments already- Lions when they beat us, I hope Friday was not ours.

In all due respect to Nankervis and Soldo ( he reminds me of Big Bob Heard when he was with the Tigers - and about as imposing - lol) they aernt in the same street as Nic Nat - they havent got his leap - or his ruck rover prowess- so this week for Rhys - i dont think will be as hard as it was against Nic Nat

Yeah but that’s a 50-1 chance. Stanley rarely plays a very good game whereby he uses his god given talents. Maybe a spell down there for a bit
We would be a 50-1 chance to win this week without Hawkins. So might have to go with that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deep down I'm sure you accept that the night we played them was vastly different in circumstances and personnel to this Friday coming. Our team is inferior, and theirs is near complete, plus we actually peaked for that game, and still struggled with our first quarter.
Yes that first qtr against tigers is a blueprint of what’s coming. Fierce pressure, manic attack on ball and man. Oh it’s coming. STAND UP!

In all due respect to Nankervis and Soldo ( he reminds me of Big Bob Heard when he was with the Tigers - and about as imposing - lol) they aernt in the same street as Nic Nat - they havent got his leap - or his ruck rover prowess- so this week for Rhys - i dont think will be as hard as it was against Nic Nat
Soldo has been ore impressive than Nank.
Do you see any role for Smith as ruck, Stanley KF?

Think I mentioned Reiwoldt too

Put simply it would be a colossal disaster if Richmond lose this match

Sure glad it ain’t us under that weight of expectation!
When were last such rank outsiders? $1.38 to $3.00

Rohan, and Taylor floating down?

Rohan would add pressure and he can crash a pack. Hawkins helped Esava's game by some sneaky blocking. We need role playing, not stars. Because we just don't have another Hawkins in the wings.
Think like this. The camera pans down the ground and its Rohan in the square 1 on 1.
Worried if you're a tiger?
Nup.

Taylor can 'float' forward. But he can't play forward.
I'd prefer mark Blake at FF over Rohan and Taylor.

Play a tall from the VFL that knows where to lead or can clunk it. Don't care.
MUST hold our structure.

Settle down, they aren’t that good. Very tough ask yes, especially without Hawk, but hardly miracle stuff. It’s 22 on 22, and we’re not a bad side ourselves when we show up to play.

Give me a like if you’re satisfied with a semi final win after finishing top. Remembering this is our 3rd prelim in 4 years.
And imo, that is an overachievement in itself. We actually have come a long way since 18. But finishing 3rd this year is pretty honourable.

Think like this. The camera pans down the ground and its Rohan in the square 1 on 1.
Worried if you're a tiger?
Nup.

Taylor can 'float' forward. But he can't play forward.
I'd prefer mark Blake at FF over Rohan and Taylor.

Play a tall from the VFL that knows where to lead or can clunk it. Don't care.
MUST hold our structure.
Stanley? - has played VFL recently.
Smith to ruck.

Wouldnt worry, about it. Hawks were $3 30 08 gf.
Remember it well.
Dropped $500
Not worried, no pressure on us this week, they deservedly are strong favourites with a lot to lose.If we win, we welcome back a rested Tomahawk.
My son tried to estimate how much we should put on Hawks to recoup our losses for buying GF tickets, we remember it really well. I wouldn't let him, but it may have "sweetened " the loss a little.

if Rohan is chosen, I sure hope they know what buttons to push and are pushing them all week. He MUST come out all fired up and confident. This MUST be his second re-birth, and his GF. No Hawkins and HE is man up forward. Sav will do what he does and be important, but its Rohan who would have to spark everyone. He mentally has to be in his highest quantile or may as well bring in VFL talls or out of position backmen.

other than that, every one of the mids better have some swagger on, they will need the arrogance to outrace and outpressure the Richmond mids. That kind of confidence in themselves as good footballers playing at the top level is what has been missing in finals for this club (JS, PD, etc excluding). Win their contests and this will begin to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back