MRP / Trib. Tom Hawkins suspended for 1 week for striking Schofield

Who will come in IF Hawkins gets rubbed out

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dangerfield was right to suggest the AFL move away from suspensions, they achieve nothing but give the media something to get on it's high horse about for a few days between the incident and the outcome.
And the majority of the time it's the play makers and best players that suffer most because they are having a red hot go.

Dangerfield was right to suggest the AFL move away from suspensions, they achieve nothing but give the media something to get on it's high horse about for a few days between the incident and the outcome.

Fine players to buggery for indiscretions, disrepute style actions like Greene are 5 figure fines they cant just cash their players payment out on and so the same thing again next week and suspend only if they cause injury or concussion taking a player out of the match or next weeks game. Unless its Hawkins, then its always 1 week no matter what.

Would of thought the medical report would of gone in Tommy’s favor. Did Schofield not play out the rest of the match? What a crock of s**t.

On the upside hawk gets a rest before the big dance, we can still easily win this game. Toothless tuggers, cats just need to bring last weeks attitude and hunt em down.

Rohan to come in, needs to pull his finger out, needs to lift for this one.

Time to repay the faith Garry.

Bring it home Catters!

Toby "Cornea" Greene says Hi and thanks for the Specsavers sponsorship.

No one but to blame but Tom. Once again he gets himself into these situations, and for what? We were playing well, he was playing well, there was absolutely no need for him to do it or to be frustrated to the point where he lashed out.

Could miss out on a GF spot and a possible flag because of his stupidity.

No one but to blame but Tom. Once again he gets himself into these situations, and for what? We were playing well, he was playing well, there was absolutely no need for him to do it or to be frustrated to the point where he lashed out.

So I've heard. He might not know this though.

Yeah the club should suspend him for an extra week so he misses the Grand Final as well.* me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get stuffed MRP. Typical we rarely get any leniency from those pricks. Yeah it was stupid from big Tom but it sucks when the bloke retaliating is usually the one caught out. The umps need to watch the turds throwing cheap shots more closely. If that was Martin or Cotchin it would have been a free pass for sure.

Hope we fire up on Friday night because all the Richmond muppets will reckon they already have one hand on the premiership cup now. Cmon Cats show everyone again they can take thier best shot but we ain't going down!!

I was just mulling over the flying kick to the head that Greene gave Dahlhouse when Luke was playing for the Doggies and the AFL fined Greene $1500 then changed the rules to make it a suspendable offence. Then poor old Jack Riewoldt had free kicks paid against him twice for kicking someone in the back, cried to the AFL and the rules were again changed to accommodate that.

Hard to understand the AFL sometimes.

On ya MRP, make sure the best Power Forward in the game doesn’t play.

Won’t be the same without the big Ken doll 😆

This sounds crazy, but I believe this suspension is kind of related to the Gaff incident of last year. I really thought the gaff punishment was a little harsh considering brayshaw crouched down as gaff hit him. Gaff was trying to connect with the abdomen but ended up hitting Bradshaw’s jaw. Hawk was trying to hit Schofield in the arm but ended up connecting with his head as he ducked. The recklessness of these incidents means they probably deserve suspensions, but I actually don’t believe there was any malice.

Lucky I am not on TH’s defence team because the gaff argument could have made things worse

Phew. Chris Scott actually said something positive for once -

"No one is more devastated than Tom. We've got to get it done this Friday night to give him a chance to play next week. I think that can be as galvanising as anything."

That's the kind of response I want. Keep the positivity going and don't make this what we focus on. Move on, and turn it into a positive - our forward line will be unpredictable and they'll have no idea how to plan for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back