Prediction 2019 "Hypothetical Trade, FA, random player you wish we could get" thread..

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn landing?

• Patton

Votes: 164 71.0%
  • Finn Maginness

Votes: 198 85.7%
  • Greenwood

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • Frost

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • Bonar

Votes: 66 28.6%
  • Pepper

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Cox

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • Petracca

Votes: 77 33.3%
  • Elliot

Votes: 68 29.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam Murray.

With Impey injured and Murray free to play again I think the club should look at him on a 1 year contract.

Is a DFA 22 yrs old Quick Rebounding HB/HF type.

Sam Murray.

With Impey injured and Murray free to play again I think the club should look at him on a 1 year contract.

Is a DFA 22 yrs old Quick Rebounding HB/HF type.
Seems odd that Collingwood would delist him to be honest.

Unless they know something we don't

Really odd.

But I'd say the club might be a bit sick of the drama, Thomas and Keeffe, Murray, Stephenson, The Beams Drama.....

Murray may have been the small fish to fry to attempt to change the culture.

We could be the club that benefits, Murray is the perfect stop gap player for someone like Impey.

On talent and age demographic alone, he'd have to be one of the best DFA available in recent times and you'd think there would be plenty of interest. Which begs the question why? Must be more to it..

I know it’s been mentioned a lot but there might be even more merit in the pursuit of Petracca at Melbourne.

Melbourne appear to be primed for a big influx of players, making offers to Ed Langdon, Jamie Elliot and Tomlinson at GWS and Smith (if the rumour is true). Having just signed Frost and bringing in Steven May last year there must be a fair amount of pressure on their salary cap either now or in the near future.
The poaching of Petracca is in play, don't let Debbie downers tell you otherwise. Has not declared he is categorically staying yet which was mooted a few weeks ago. There is obvious dissention, IMO he is interested in seeking a trade if a suitable one can be done. Whether that happens or not we will have to wait and see.

I remember watching Murray and what really stood out was his speed. Despite being 187cm he could get the ball and run multiple opponents into the ground. If we're concerned about run and carry from the backline he would be a good option as a DFA. Good size, great speed and only 22.

That being said being banned for illicit substance use is a pretty big warning flag for your culture (although I acknowledge our players aren't necessarily angels)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would give Murray a go simply due to his age and our ability to develop players.. may just need this chance to really make a fist of it.
Would be happy to get Murray, Greenwood & Patton for basically nothing (each). They're either in the 22 or they're giving us genuine depth options.

Maybe the coaches see another player on the list who could cover that loss, but the player we'd acquire in the transaction is an area we currently lack.

Why is this so hard to comprehend?
I was taking the piss, I'm kind of with you, see my views on other so called untouchables. Every player has a value, when that value is met by others then they are on the market. My issue is when someone is clearly elite and is moved on for what ever the return do players start to see football clubs as commercial entities rather than clubs, coaches spend heaps of energy building pride in the club, team and so forth.
Its happening already but I would hate to see the day when I spend my hard to come by on watching players performing for their next contract rather than the team and club.

Geelong are facing a cliff which could be our fate in three years time. Im optimistic it wont be us, but beware.

In relation to the 'can hawthorn succeed...' thread, maybe Geelong drafted too much and got some busts. I think our recent drafting is only 50% busts, and even less in trades.

Higgins just resigning also goes there Kelly replacement.

Is he? Every time I watched him he stood out with his run and carry. Can't remember how he is by foot though.
I wouldnt say he is crap or bad with ball in hand but he isnt a very penetrating kick.

He can hit little chip kicks and spot ups but cant kick it 50+.

Maybe the coaches see another player on the list who could cover that loss, but the player we'd acquire in the transaction is an area we currently lack.

Why is this so hard to comprehend?

Name 3 players in the entire league who are on par with Sicily.

Sometimes maybe its a sensible discussion. This is just silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back