Prediction 2019 "Hypothetical Trade, FA, random player you wish we could get" thread..

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn landing?

• Patton

Votes: 164 71.0%
  • Finn Maginness

Votes: 198 85.7%
  • Greenwood

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • Frost

Votes: 111 48.1%
  • Bonar

Votes: 66 28.6%
  • Pepper

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Cox

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • Petracca

Votes: 77 33.3%
  • Elliot

Votes: 68 29.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar posts about Burton last year of course.

I don’t think we should or will trade Sicily. But the club won’t shirk tough decisions to improve the list, no matter how unpopular. I gather that is the point being made, don’t really get people throwing their toys out of the cot about it
Burton was a good young player

Sicily is an elite player about to enter his prime.

Some Hawthorn supporters thought we had Coniglio in the bag because of JOM....🤑🙄
I’m not afraid to say that I thought it played a big part but not just because they are mates. They are BFFs forever and ever. Seriously though if friendship didn’t get Cogs across to us then it’s safe to say that the friendship angle is only 4th or 5th most important thing behind $$$, family and success. A long distance relationship is obviously what floats Cogs and JOMs boat so what evs 🤷🏽‍♂️

You say he turns the ball over but that is because he is just about the only defender or even player really that we have that has the skill and more importantly the confidence to take the game on. Without his kicking out of the back half we would be straight up awful.

Jetta does as well, it is the sublime kicking skill that rarely misses a target.

Jeremy Camerons’ manager contacts GW....
‘Hi Wrighty, JC is considering his football future , what’s the Hawks best offer for a Coleman Medallist ?!’

GW - ‘Thanks for the call, we wish Jeremy all the best for his football future but we don’t give our players 7+ year contracts and we don’t have a bottomless pit of money. We are comfortable with our Premiership model’

Burton was a good young player

Sicily is an elite player about to enter his prime.
I don’t disagree. Of course there was a lot of hysteria around Burton being traded...and Mitchell...and Lewis.

The club will make whatever calls they see fit. Sicily is a star. It is very unlikely he would be traded

But if he was absolutely required to land a superstar like Whitfield, he’d be gone. Can’t see that happening but in a hypothetical trade thread I don’t get people losing it over someone suggestion a star player might need to be traded to get a star player.

I’m not afraid to say that I thought it played a big part but not just because they are mates. They are BFFs forever and ever. Seriously though if friendship didn’t get Cogs across to us then it’s safe to say that the friendship angle is only 4th or 5th most important thing behind $$$, family and success. A long distance relationship is obviously what floats Cogs and JOMs boat so what evs 🤷🏽‍♂️
Maybe he has 20+ friends at GWS too, being the club he’s played at for 8 years? 🤷‍♂️

I posed a similar post a few months back and got a similar response to you MrPremiership.

It upsets a few Hawks fans, but all we’re doing is trying to find a way to get back to the top.

To me Sicily is a gun that holds great value as a contested mark and great intercept player. On the negative he can squib the hard ball and turn the ball over transitioning to the inside.

If we can get something of value for him via a trade then brilliant, otherwise we can see him in the number 6 for years to come.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
If you are trying to find a way to top, you don't trade out one of your top 5 players about to hit their peak age profile.

You trade someone older with trade currency, or younger with speculative value (but with your own knowledge they dont fit a need - ie Burton).

There's no way you get someone of Sicily's profile in a million years. You'd only be trading him out to bring in something of the same.

I don’t disagree. Of course there was a lot of hysteria around Burton being traded...and Mitchell...and Lewis.

The club will make whatever calls they see fit. Sicily is a star. It is very unlikely he would be traded

But if he was absolutely required to land a superstar like Whitfield, he’d be gone. Can’t see that happening but in a hypothetical trade thread I don’t get people losing it over someone suggestion a star player might need to be traded to get a star player.
Whitfield isn't a superstar. Potentially yes, but not yet.

Sam Murray to don the Brown & Gold...

Perfect Impey replacement with a little bit of Whitfield about him.

I thought I’d be the first to put him up so we can put a line through him early as a target.
Who?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Murray to don the Brown & Gold...

Perfect Impey replacement with a little bit of Whitfield about him.

I thought I’d be the first to put him up so we can put a line through him early as a target.

Think he's probably pretty good at drawing up his own lines already, tbh.

Maybe the coaches see another player on the list who could cover that loss, but the player we'd acquire in the transaction is an area we currently lack.

Why is this so hard to comprehend?
You keep saying this but we literally have no player that can do what he does.

Brand? Mirra? Glass?

You’ve stated this numerous times but can you identify a player on the list capable of replacing him? Because I sure as hell can’t.

I liked last year when we were going to get Chad by giving them TOB and Brand.
TBH I'm glad we have TOB instead of Burton...god imagine typing that even 10 weeks ago.

If you are trying to find a way to top, you don't trade out one of your top 5 players about to hit their peak age profile.

You trade someone older with trade currency, or younger with speculative value (but with your own knowledge they dont fit a need - ie Burton).

There's no way you get someone of Sicily's profile in a million years. You'd only be trading him out to bring in something of the same.
Exactly, hate to say it but if we are going down that road It is gunston, bruest, Shiels and Smith that you trade. Get good value for them just before they drop off in form, they still have plenty of good football left but I doubt any will have a career best season in front of them.

Now, I wouldn't push them out the door and certainly only entertain losing 1 or 2 but they are in the sweet spot for trade bait.

It's a perfect scenario as you can get some real good pick or younger players or If the deal isn't good enough you are happy keeping them.

Jeremy Camerons’ manager contacts GW....
‘Hi Wrighty, JC is considering his football future , what’s the Hawks best offer for a Coleman Medallist ?!’

GW - ‘Thanks for the call, we wish Jeremy all the best for his football future but we don’t give our players 7+ year contracts and we don’t have a bottomless pit of money. We are comfortable with our Premiership model’

The team that will chase him and offer that long contract is down the highway

You keep saying this but we literally have no player that can do what he does.

Brand? Mirra? Glass?

You’ve stated this numerous times but can you identify a player on the list capable of replacing him? Because I sure as hell can’t.

Those 3 shouldn’t be on AFL lists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back