Game Day Richmond Tigers v GWS Giants - Grand Final - Sat 28 Sep, 2:30PM AEST, MCG

Tigers or Giants to win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh I’m sure he’ll play, it’s a grand final. I imagine it will be Whitfield and Greene in. Doubt they play coniglio who hasn’t played since mid July.

I had my appendix out in 2011 - 3-4 days after were pretty shit but it was fine the second week after - I’d say the biggest unknown would be he might be underdone training wise - you can’t do any heavy lifting for (iirc) 3 weeks after the surgery, so I’m guessing his load would be limited to cardio/swimming - he would’ve had the whole last week off.

Phil Davis loss wasn’t a huge deal vs Collingwood because of conditions and their lack of key position forward players. Different story vs Richmond. You’d think he’s the man to guard lynch. Reckon whether he plays or not could swing the match in either teams favour..

GWS clearly streets ahead in that matchup. Your point?

GWS are a great team with an excellent midfield.

However Id back in Cotchin / Dusty to stand up again.

Prestia has been under the radar great should be a shout for the brownlow. Edwards has been top shelf too and Lambert is very reliable

Remember thinking how much I’d hate to see the Giants win a premiership, but now that they actually have a chance, pretty happy for them. They’ve always had that in your face attitude to them, even when they first came into the comp and were getting done every week, gotta respect that.

Remember thinking how much I’d hate to see the Giants win a premiership, but now that they actually have a chance, pretty happy for them. They’ve always had that in your face attitude to them, even when they first came into the comp and were getting done every week, gotta respect that.

it helps when you put all the best young kids in the country in the same team

I said this in another thread but if Mumford plans on retiring at the end of the season I wonder if we will get the full Mumford as he seems like the sort who would tackle 300% harder when he knows even if he is suspended for 20 weeks it won’t matter.
Greene seems the sort of bloke who wouldn't mind missing a month the next year if it meant he won a flag, Richmond players might want to wear goggles next week as he may pluck an eyeball out.

Richmond home ground advantage will get them over the line.

In Homebush would be Giants by 30+.
Didn't work for Collingwood today. And there will be less Tigers fans next week than Pies fans today.
Giants proved they can win a cut throat final in the most hostile of environments. And that was after winning another cut throat final on foreign soil last week.

If GWS win, it would be a monumental effort.

I can't see how they can get up after that Brisbane game followed by the Collingwood game.

Both games were the same. Tough, hard fought battles down to the death. Both within a goal. These types of games take a hell of a lot out of a side due to the physicality, emotion and just the energy used by playing a full 4 quarters of full on cut throat football.. none of that kicking it sideways, backwards and chilling out for last quarter. Add the travel in of Sydney - Brisbane - Sydney - Melbourne - Sydney - Melbourne all within the space of 2 weeks.

In contrast, Richmond haven't left Melbourne. They've had two easy games where they had complete control most of the time. The Geelong game they took a while to get going, but the game wouldn't have taken too much out of them. They basically cruised all game and won on a burst of about 20 minutes.

I'm seeing an absolute belting coming up.

AFL dream grand final by having GWS in there, but it will fizzle hard when they are down by 10 goals at half time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love the confidence but don’t be shocked come Saturday
I will be. We’ve done a lot of work this season and earned our spot. We toyed with the Giants and there vaunted midfield last time. Knocked off the Magpies, Cats, Lions twice and Eagles in that time. We’re ‘system based’ but it takes genuine stars to make it to the GF.

I am actually not to bad being a Collingwood supporter you can anticipate it, but i seriously would love to see a club like Saints, Fremantle, or a club with actual supporters win it, if GWS was a Tassie team with a supporter base, it would be great result, not just a TV rights team, so i can handle the loss as Collingwood played terrible for 3 Quarters but can't stand it is against a plastic team, West Coast last year hats off to them and the actual players on GWS well done but the Club/AFL not so sure

GWS won't be winning.

The way Collingwood played for 15 minutes in the 4th... Richmond will do that the entire game. It won't be pretty.

Lucky we have big nank to keep him in check. If gws think they can bully the tigers like they have done to other teams in this finals series they might be in for a shock next week.
Was very ordinary last night. He'd want to lift significantly if he is to "shock" next week.

We’ve had the Toby Greene rule. Reckon we see the Mumford red card rule in place for 2020 after he wipes out 1/2 the team.

Even rugby has the sin bin. You wonder why the AFL has been so reluctant to implement something.

It should be a rag to a bull for Mumford this week
I genuinely expect there to be red cards in the AFL (at least in finals) in 2020 if Mumford does the Lynch.

Because if Mumford does a Lynch, blokes will be carried off the field. No airswings. Just brutal suplexes instead of tackles.

Can't believe the Giants are $3 outsiders. Mumford alone could conceivably empty the Richmond bench.

I just realized that the 3 teams GWS beat in this finals series so far have 0 forward lines.

Bulldogs - Nobody
Brisbane - Charlie Cameron
Collingwood - Nobody

It will be interesting to see how they go against a team that has scoring power. I wonder if guys like Davis, Haynes and co will even be ready for it. They literally have not had to do any serious work on big forwards since Round 21 when they played Hawthorn which they lost and that was on August 09. round 22 and 23 was Gold Coast and Bulldogs... again forwardless sides.

If GWS win, it would be a monumental effort.

I can't see how they can get up after that Brisbane game followed by the Collingwood game.

Both games were the same. Tough, hard fought battles down to the death. Both within a goal. These types of games take a hell of a lot out of a side due to the physicality, emotion and just the energy used by playing a full 4 quarters of full on cut throat football.. none of that kicking it sideways, backwards and chilling out for last quarter. Add the travel in of Sydney - Brisbane - Sydney - Melbourne - Sydney - Melbourne all within the space of 2 weeks.

In contrast, Richmond haven't left Melbourne. They've had two easy games where they had complete control most of the time. The Geelong game they took a while to get going, but the game wouldn't have taken too much out of them. They basically cruised all game and won on a burst of about 20 minutes.

I'm seeing an absolute belting coming up.

AFL dream grand final by having GWS in there, but it will fizzle hard when they are down by 10 goals at half time.
Wow, here i was thinking Richmond played Brisbane up at the Gabba a fortnight ago. Must have been a dream, thanks for awakening me.

The odds for this game are ridiculous. Giants have had a fantastic finals series and deserve more credit than people are giving them.

If giants get back Whitfield and Coniglio, as well as Greene, then they are a big chance. Both prelims exceeded expectations can only hope the GF does too.

I do expect tigers to win in a close one but as we saw today the giants are no pushover. Looking forward to it, go giants!

Back