Coach Justin Longmuir

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Freo are fair dinkim about throwing the net far and wide, no ones included/excluded etc, if we sign Jlo in the next 4-5 days that was obviously bull.

I’m getting Brendan Bolton/Drum/Neeld vibes with this possible appointment. His Freo days are clouding some of your judgements.

I say throw the kitchen sink at Clarkson, if he’s not keen look at Burns/Voss..if they aren’t up to it go with Pyke as the fail safe option(who I’d like to see in our coaching staff anyway)
Did Bolton play for Carlton?
Did Drum play for Fremantle?
Did Neeld play for Melbourne?

Drawing long bows comparing a 10 year assistant coach (now Senior) to those appointments, especially the Drum and Neeld ones.

It was all a big play from Colin Young to let Freo know he is in control

1-3 year tilt should throw the Kitchen Sink @ Clarkson!

Mines not a love for Longy, for me he’s a very fresh start, a guy who has learnt from some of the best. Has a good brain upstairs and seems to know the game on the next level. Listening to the couple of things we’ve heard lately, he talks strategies, game plans and a desire to know his team intimately. There’s only a couple of others who I’d get excited about, Kirk and Carracella being those two. I think we’re on the right track if we appoint Longy.

The best run clubs off the field have repeated success, Presidents, CEO's, GM, sh*t clubs just change the coach.
It's a team effort, old Simpson has been drinking his own bath water, without Mitchell's aggression, astute mind.
We need JLo and Pyke, etc, to steer the ship.
Without discipline you get Harry Highpants, and yellow Gatorade.

Who was the last premiership coach that was a soft player.
In this case what is your definition of soft?
Longmuir led the club for hard ball gets in 2005, was always up there for contested marking, slotted a winning goal after the siren, obviously under pressure & battled through a degenerative knee injury until he could no longer play.
He went alright for his build.

JL having his meeting today, fingers crossed they impress him just as much as he impresses, $$$ offered to work alongside Teague but still contracted to the pies so dbt that’ll happen

Mines not a love for Longy, for me he’s a very fresh start, a guy who has learnt from some of the best. Has a good brain upstairs and seems to know the game on the next level. Listening to the couple of things we’ve heard lately, he talks strategies, game plans and a desire to know his team intimately. There’s only a couple of others who I’d get excited about, Kirk and Carracella being those two. I think we’re on the right track if we appoint Longy.

Not knocking what you’ve said but who are you referring to when you say that’s he’s learnt from some of the best?

In this case what is your definition of soft?
Longmuir led the club for hard ball gets in 2005, was always up there for contested marking, slotted a winning goal after the siren, obviously under pressure & battled through a degenerative knee injury until he could no longer play.
He went alright for his build.

I was replying to someone that said it’s irrelevant whether a coach was a hard or soft player. Wasn’t implying that JLo was soft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure Buckley has eaned the best in the business tag just yet and may not. Simpson I’d rate as one of the better coaches going around but how many years did Longy spend under him?
2014-2017, including the last as his senior assistant iirc

I said it at the beginning of this year, the Bradbury Cup, Tigers have been the benchmark for 3 years.
Mitchell was sorely missed, and the Pies, Cats need tall forwards.

The tie up to Clarkson and his methods are indisputable atm. I realise that can’t last forever but it’s a very, very good place to look imo. Especially for a club like us that needs to be playing the percentages in our search for the best available coach.

Do you guys reckon he'll still be at $3.50 tomorrow? Looking to put in a joint bet with a couple of mates and split the winnings. Gonna put in like $100 total

Do you guys reckon he'll still be at $3.50 tomorrow? Looking to put in a joint bet with a couple of mates and split the winnings. Gonna put in like $100 total
Ive put $200 and seriously considering putting $500 more with information J Lo has interviewed today . Reckon this will be wrapped up this week

The love for Longmuir is a bit over the top on here. Just feel it won’t end well.

Get someone with no previous connection to the club. A Voss/Burns/Pyke type.

What's that feeling based on though? If it's just the fact he played for Fremantle...that's pretty tenuous.

It surely can't be his track record?

Longmuir with Pyke in a director of coaching position would give me a bit of hope for 2020.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back