List Mgmt. Trade/Draft/Targets Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Like i said lets do a deal now.
Swap of 1st rnd picks next year.
We have depth,We're still in the window without CCJ.
My concern is what potential A grade talent do we have coming through?
None(because of our success)
Have to start thinking 3yrs down the track.
CCJ imo is our most promising Jnr however if its true then why not do something now.
Hopefully he’s had a great chat with the coaches end of the year and gonna hit the ground running pre season. I’m sure he can make the 1s regularly. It was like Bolton last year, he wanted to leave for more opportunities. They told him what he needed to do now he’s in our 22, absolute jet and signed a contract.

Ideal scenario for me.

Saints trade Bruce to Dogs for 32.

We trade Butler and 41 to Saints for 32.

We then trade Menadue and 39 to Fremantle for 26.

Fremantle trade Langdon to Melbourne, we trade McIntosh to Fremantle and 38 to Melbourne, Melbourne trade 22 to us

Go to draft with 19 22 26 & 32 and watch opposition salt flow as the reigning premiers add 4 top 35 kids to their list while moving on 4 players no longer required.
Well thought out but I'd rather keep one of kmac or Menadue. Unless they request a trade

Hopefully he’s had a great chat with the coaches end of the year and gonna hit the ground running pre season. I’m sure he can make the 1s regularly. It was like Bolton last year, he wanted to leave for more opportunities. They told him what he needed to do now he’s in our 22, absolute jet and signed a contract.
If his attitude is what you say it is then he won't be with us after next year.For how good he could be he isn't getting past Soldo or Nank in the near future.

Just on a separate note, Sam McClure and Nick Dal Santo should move to the prime time trade radio slot. Quality listening, being 100% serious as well.

yeah i agree actually.

i loved the spotlight segment this morning where Dal asked him all kinds of questions about being a journo, fascinating.

Given they are a bit hamstrung with lack of actual trades for content to discuss, they have done well.

If the Saints are interested in Butler, and given they have no currency to trade with for a whole host of possible trades, maybe we could trade Butler and one of our late 2nd picks for Blake Acres.

Have heard the Saints are shopping him around, I've always quite liked him as a player, strong, hard running type, I think he would suit our style quite nicely.

Might kill 3 birds with 1 stone for Saints, getting in Butler without having to get a pick, getting a pick back for other trades they will need and moving Acres on which for some reason they are keen to do.

Fwiw I think everyone bashing petro12 needs to chill

As i pm'ed Tiger_Of_Old Saturday, I heard months ago that ccj was unhappy with his lack of opportunity at senior level, and the club is aware of this

We are working to manage expectations, but what Petro says he was told matches my mail

Balme said last night at a coterie function that we're not targetting anyone as we have very little cap space. We are going to the draft folks with our picks and if we get a few others from Butler and Menadue that would be a bonus.
Wonder if the reason we were so peeved with the Ellis compo is because we were counting on getting into the top 10 for someone.
Picks 19 & 21 for pick 9 for example.
Carltoon need picks for Papley & Martin.

Yeah don't think so, you really think Dimma would allow the AFL boys who played in the VFL flag to get on the sauce till all hours of the morning with an AFL GF coming up. Coffield was interviewed on SEN after the vfl GF and pretty much said as much stating that the AFL boys will delay their celebrations until after the AFL Grand Final.

It was also on SEN earlier last week that the VFL boys were able to celebrate after winning the flag. So it’s a convo I’ve had with CCJ and SEN stating it. Providing you guys some actual information. Take it or leave it I don’t really care

As i pm'ed Tiger_Of_Old Saturday, I heard months ago that ccj was unhappy with his lack of opportunity at senior level, and the club is aware of this

We are working to manage expectations, but what Petro says he was told matches my mail

Haha Cheers mate 🤙 but doesn’t bother me.

Some blokes/girls on here just presume s**t gets thrown up but hence why forums like this can be a waste of time. Anyway let’s hope we’re slightly busy this trade period. It’s always fun when something happens!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Btw had anyone else noticed Tiger71 mail has dried up since toot toot blocked him on Twitter?

This boys and girls is a reminder as to why you don't burn bridges with your ex's

M

Noone is having a go at him mate. He has stated how he feels and this is a forum. Finally have some insight on one of our players than most the other dribble on this thread such as complaining about compensation picks for pages on end, biased opinions on how much how reserve players are worth. CCJ is talented, I hope he stays, he needs to work hard in pre season, has more attributes than the other talls so should be in our seniors.

People on here and saying that he is not a ‘Richmond man’ etc. I believe that is having a go but hey it is a forum and people can say whatever they want.

Sadly I don’t believe the ‘insight’ is legit but no one can disprove it also

Can confirm.Ned did Pm me his holiday pics.(not sure why).
1570666164102.png

Balme said last night at a coterie function that we're not targetting anyone as we have very little cap space. We are going to the draft folks with our picks and if we get a few others from Butler and Menadue that would be a bonus.

Geez your bad at this AT.

Lead with “we’ve got a doozy lined up but not sure it’ll happen this year, if not we’re happy to hit the draft” ;)

Wonder if the reason we were so peeved with the Ellis compo is because we were counting on getting into the top 10 for someone.
Picks 19 & 21 for pick 9 for example.

This.

People saying some of us were getting too worked up over the compo decision. This is why, it significantly impacted our flexibility for both the trade / draft.

I wouldn't be surprised to see CCJ play round 1 next year.

He finished the season in the VFL playing AFL level football.
I'd give him every chance, looks to have grown a lot throughout the 2019 season and with another full preseason under his belt I'd like to think he'd be ready to make an impact and improve even more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back