Recruiting Draft Watch - Jones, Bryan, Johnson, Cahill, Hibberd in

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as I thought, watch near the end and we will look to improve our draft position

Fremantle is the one for me. 31 and 33 for 22 and 58.

With Henry likely to get a bit at 10-15, pick 22 isn't going to cut it even with a 20% hair cut on the bidding price so their next pick, 58 will be used as well.
31 and 33 allows for Henry to be matched and the remainder slides to 55 ish. So they would get Henry and pick 55 with our picks or just Henry with their current ones.

22 allows us to target a whole raft of players like Jeremy Sharp, Cooper Stephens or even a sliding Trent Rivers or Josh Worrall perhaps.

I put it in the trade thread when he was delisted so I’ll chuck it here aswel. Reckon we will be right in ex port half forward/mid Aidyn Johnson. We were right into him in his draft year and he trained with us before that draft.

I reckon he will make his way onto our rookie list - he would be worth the spot

People are saying next years crop are worse.

If we lose joe to free agency I’d hope we have assets in the bank as far as draft picks that may allow us to sign a free agent like JC should he choose to leave.

On that basis it would have to be super player in this years draft should we wish to trade our first from next year. So doubtful it will occur as we don’t target super stars ;)

A little mock draft after trades, expecting pick trades to be done on the lead up to the draft

View attachment 766760View attachment 766761
If we pick up Taylor and Philip there I will buy Dodoro a new jacket myself. Taylor especially is exceptional value and after a year is prime to take over Fanta if he goes in 12 month's.

Chirgwin at pick 60 odd would be the perfect finish then Hibberd and Bowman in the rookie draft.

Hopefully Tippa 2.0 falls through both drafts and we pick him up as a Cat B rookie

Just as I thought, watch near the end and we will look to improve our draft position

I think we could live trade up on the night, 15-35 is very even and those players could land anywhere. I wouldnt be against us taking Georgiades at pick 33 if we keep it. Has a huge amount of upside and ive heard he might look to turn himself into a big inside midfielder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

eDPS Do you think Stephens or Rivers will be available at our pick? If you had the choice, who would you pick?

Stephens as a pure inside mid sounds like the attractive prospect to me.

Looks a good size as well.

Fremantle is the one for me. 31 and 33 for 22 and 58.

With Henry likely to get a bit at 10-15, pick 22 isn't going to cut it even with a 20% hair cut on the bidding price so their next pick, 58 will be used as well.
31 and 33 allows for Henry to be matched and the remainder slides to 55 ish. So they would get Henry and pick 55 with our picks or just Henry with their current ones.

22 allows us to target a whole raft of players like Jeremy Sharp, Cooper Stephens or even a sliding Trent Rivers or Josh Worrall perhaps.
33 + our 3 picks in the 60s for 22.
Leaves us with 22 and 31.

How early do you think Riccardi will go? Are our picks in the 30s too early? Would 61,64,65 get us into the early 40s?

eDPS Riccardi or Jeka? or another tall forward?
30s to early for me, more likely with our picks in the 60s but he may get taken by a club in the 50s.

hard to see where Jeka goes but think a similar range to Riccardi.

I see our 4 primary needs as:

Big Inside-Mid
  • Cooper Stephens (20-35)
  • Sam Philip (35-65)
Developing Key Position Forward
  • Sam de Koning (20-35)
  • Harry Jones (30-65)
  • Jake Ricardi (40-65)
Small Forward
  • Elijah Taylor (25-40)
  • Kysiah Pickett (40-65)
Developing Ruck
  • Nick Bryan (30-65)
  • Charlie Comden (60-Rook)
  • Riley Bowman (rookie)

Thrown in a rough draft estimate of the players I've seen a bit of but would love some more names to add into these categories
Can I trouble you for a rough outline of their strengths and weaknesses? At you leisure 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back