Recruiting Draft Watch - Jones, Bryan, Johnson, Cahill, Hibberd in

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to trade up. While Kemp is on the board I'd be offer a future first and current second at every pick. When he goes I'd be offering our future first every pick while Robertson is there. After them I'd be offering two seconds every pick until Stephens is gone. We need to fill the inside midfield gap and I don't see the logic in taking b-grade types in the second round. We should be targeting narrowly. There is no point in filling our list with more middling types. We have depth in good players, we need potential stars.

I would then package 56, 61, 64 and 65 and try to get 44 and 76 from Sydney.

19: Stephens
44: Jake Riccardi
76: Draper upgrade

We're unlikely to have 4 open spots so Bowman in the rookie draft suits me fine.
It's a great deal for us, but I dont see why Sydney have any incentive to do that deal.

Sydney are likely to use 4 picks according to the AFL website. So in your scenario they are giving up 5, 25, 44, 76 for 5, 25, 56, 61 and also some more picks they won't even use.

The upgrade between 76 to 61 is no where near as value to slide from 56 to 44.
Like I said, nice deal for us, by I doubt Sydney do it.

It's a great deal for us, but I dont see why Sydney have any incentive to do that deal.

Sydney are likely to use 4 picks according to the AFL website. So in your scenario they are giving up 5, 25, 44, 76 for 5, 25, 56, 61 and also some more picks they won't even use.

The upgrade between 76 to 61 is no where near as value to slide from 56 to 44.
Like I said, nice deal for us, by I doubt Sydney do it.
Honestly would rather have 31/33 than 19 and 56. If we're not getting a pick in the top 45 as part of it I don't think it's worth it

My Wishlist

31: Jay Rantall Inside Mid
33: Charlie Comben Ruck/Fwd
61: Darcy Chirgwin Inside Mid
64: Jake Pasini Key Def
65: Liam Delahunty Fwd/Def GWS Academy

My Wishlist

31: Jay Rantall Inside Mid
61: Darcy Chirgwin Inside Mid
64: Jake Pasini Key Def
65: Liam Delahunty Fwd/Def GWS Academy
We only have 3 National Draft picks available...

Well technically we have 5 right now don't we?

At least until Brown and Hartley are done.
As it stands we have 5 open list spots.

So we have 31,33,61,64,65 and 88

Saints receive: 64 and 65
Essendon Receive: 51

31: Jay Rantall Midfielder
51: Darcy Chirgwin Midfielder
61: Jake Pasini Key Def
88: Sam Draper Rookie Elevation

Rookie Draft
Ross Mcquillan Utility
Riley Bowman Ruckman
Angus Baker Small Def
Mitch Brown Key Fwd Redraft
Our List
Ross McBridge Cat B Rookie ?

Key Forwards
Joe Daniher, James Stewart, Shaun Mckernan, Mitch Brown, Noah Gown, Charlie Comben

Forwards
Orazio Fantasia, Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti, Jake Stringer, Kyle Langford, Jayden Laverde, Josh Begley, Irving Mosquito, Will Snelling.

Midfielders
Dylan Shiel, Darcy Parish, Dyson Heppell, Zach Merrett, Devon Smith, David Zaharakis, Tom Cutler, Dylan Clarke, Brayden Ham, Kobe Mutch, Jay Rantall, Darcy Chirgwin

Ruckman
Tom Bellchambers, Sam Draper, Andrew Phillips, Riley Bowman

Key Defenders
Michael Hurley, Cale Hooker, Patrick Ambrose, Aaron Francis, Brandon Zerk-Thatcher, Jake Pasini

Defenders
Adam Saad, Mason Redman, Conor Mckeena, Matt Guelfi, Martin Gleeson, Jordan Ridley and Angus Baker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't we have 8 picks?
We have 37 senior listed which we can push to 40. I assume we have to upgrade Draper (4th year). We may or may not cut Hartley and/or Brown. So that is 2-4 players.
Rookie we have two plus Draper so can add two more standard picks plus our Cat B.

Of course we can choose to take less senior players and take more rookies. But either way minimum of 4 picks total max of 6 picks if we delist H&B.

of course I might have no idea

Don't we have 8 picks?
Currently we have 39 contracted players on the senior (37) and Cat A (2) rookie list. If we delist Hartley and Brown (unlikely) it'll reduce to 37, a max of 7 draft picks over the two. Now we can break that down into 38/6, 39/5 or 40/4. First one is currently not an option due to 2 draft picks plus rookie promotion rules.

Currently we have 39 contracted players on the senior (37) and Cat A (2) rookie list. If we delist Hartley and Brown (unlikely) it'll reduce to 37, a max of 7 draft picks over the two. Now we can break that down into 38/6, 39/5 or 40/4. First one is currently not an option due to 2 draft picks plus rookie promotion rules.

Have you counted Draper in that? He's either 38th on senior list or 3rd on Rookie.

Yeah right. Does any club ever go round 8?

Have you counted Draper in that? He's either 38th on senior list or 3rd on Rookie.
Yes. We went in with 39 and 5 in 2019, then you add Snelling to the RL. From there we've gone:

Out: Baguley (senior), Z Clarke (rookie), Myers (senior), Houlahan (senior), Long (senior), Mynott (rookie), Jok (rookie), Dea (rookie)
In: Cutler (senior), Phillips (senior), McQuillan/McBride (rookie)

Not including McNiece and Lavender due to the fact they didn't technically count. Draper is 37th senior list as it stands.
Yeah right. Does any club ever go round 8?
From memory, no.

eth-dog i cant be f’ed trying to work it all out. We currently taking 3 picks in the National Draft (31, 33, 61, [64, 65]) and two selections in the rookie draft?
If you include Draper we have max 3 open spots on the main list and 2 open on the rookie list. We can do any of the following scenario's (if we retain Hartley/Brown):

Scenario 1: Take 3 players in the ND, 2 players in the RD
Scenario 2: Take 2 players in the ND, 3 players in the RD
Scenario 3: Take 2 players in the ND, 2 players in the RD, 1 DFA
Scenario 4: Take 2 players in the ND, 2 players in the RD, 1 SSP
Scenario 5: Take 3 players in the ND, 1 players in the RD, 1 SSP
Scenario 6: Take 2 players in the ND, 1 players in the RD, 1 SSP, 1 DFA
Scenario 7*: Take 2 players in the ND, 0 players in the RD, 2 SSP, 1 DFA

Personally feel that scenario's 1, 2 and 4 are the most likely. Unsure if scenario 7 is able to be done but I think it is.

If you include Draper we have max 3 open spots on the main list and 2 open on the rookie list. We can do any of the following scenario's (if we retain Hartley/Brown):

Scenario 1: Take 3 players in the ND, 2 players in the RD
Scenario 2: Take 2 players in the ND, 3 players in the RD
Scenario 3: Take 2 players in the ND, 2 players in the RD, 1 DFA
Scenario 4: Take 2 players in the ND, 2 players in the RD, 1 SSP
Scenario 5: Take 3 players in the ND, 1 players in the RD, 1 SSP
Scenario 6: Take 2 players in the ND, 1 players in the RD, 1 SSP, 1 DFA
Scenario 7*: Take 2 players in the ND, 0 players in the RD, 2 SSP, 1 DFA

Personally feel that scenario's 1, 2 and 4 are the most likely. Unsure if scenario 7 is able to be done but I think it is.
Draper will be the 38th player on the main list. Thats going off our current contract status thread. So 2 national draft picks and a draper upgrade max. That can increase to a max of 4 national draft picks and a draper upgrade if Brown and Hartley are delisted or moved to the rookie list.

Draper will be the 38th player on the main list. Thats going off our current contract status thread. So 2 national draft picks and a draper upgrade max. That can increase to a max of 4 national draft picks and a draper upgrade if Brown and Hartley are delisted or moved to the rookie list.
Draper is the 37th. Again, we had 39 senior listed players this season, and 6 rookies, if we include Snelling.

We have Snelling and McQuillan on the rookie list. We cut Clarke, Mynott, Jok and Dea from the rookie list, and promoted Draper. Leaving 2 rookies, and 37 senior players.

Draper is the 37th. Again, we had 39 senior listed players this season, and 6 rookies, if we include Snelling.

We have Snelling and McQuillan on the rookie list. We cut Clarke, Mynott, Jok and Dea from the rookie list, and promoted Draper. Leaving 2 rookies, and 37 senior players.
The reason im saying he is the 38th is because there is an updated list of 37 players in that thread, which draper hasnt been added to yet. Of the 37, brown and Hartley are the only 2 without a contract.

The reason im saying he is the 38th is because there is an updated list of 37 players in that thread, which draper hasnt been added to yet. Of the 37, brown and Hartley are the only 2 without a contract.
It sounds like you want to argure even though you are agreeing with ethan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back