Retired # 2: Tom Bellchambers - Knocks Cam Mooney the **** out - 24/5

Remove this Banner Ad

Lovett Murray available?

Yeah you’re probably right... it’s a no win situation. I just shudder at the thought of any unfit player in a final, let alone an unfit TBC who is like the Titanic when he is fit.

I have ever-so-slightly more faith in Clarke than I did a few months back, when I’d have rather played a cardboard cutout. He seems able to compete mostly. And is match fit.
While I think Clarke has slightly improved over the year, I reckon you’d be in for a nasty surprise if you expect him be anywhere close to half as useful as Bellchambers, even against Grundy.

Phone how many moons ago were you saying to trade this bloke?

You're a prophet.

If he gets back to fitness and being effective I'll happily eat my words but he's good in a strength contest, picking on smaller guys and....

Phone how many moons ago were you saying to trade this bloke?

You're a prophet.

If he gets back to fitness and being effective I'll happily eat my words but he's good in a strength contest, picking on smaller guys and....

Eh, it was a totally different scenario. I just didn't see the point in making Ryder be second ruckman when he was clearly better than Bellchambers, and I didn't want to trade Ryder, and we needed help in other areas so I thought we should be happy to let Bellchambers go. But of course Ryder left (and it seems we blew the return for him anyway). My other thing is that I felt that the season he kicked 28 goals was a total outliner, although frankly I barely even remember my argument for it. I think it was because he kicked a lot of the goals playing ruck and I didn't think that was sustainable. (His actual conversion rate was ridiculously good that season too. Close to 70%. It's regressed to more normal levels since then)

With all that said, I've tried to take it easy on Bellchambers since the Ryder trade, but I just don't see it.

Sorry T-Bell but can’t see a premiership midfield being fed by you. You’re a great clubman and you’ve been hampered by injury but we need heaps more from a number 1 ruck.
I had the toys out of the cot with my post before but this sums it up.

Back when phone was calling for the trade TBC had value,. So much has happened since. He had value then but circumstances couldn't have been predicted what eventuated.

What tonight proves is that our ruck stocks are paper thin. We have TBC, an untried kid coming off an ACL and Zac Clarke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had the toys out of the cot with my post before but this sums it up.

Back when phone was calling for the trade TBC had value,. So much has happened since. He had value then but circumstances couldn't have been predicted what eventuated.

What tonight proves is that our ruck stocks are paper thin. We have TBC, an untried kid coming off an ACL and Zac Clarke.

Based on actual performance in important games, as opposed to ‘potential’, our whole list is paper thin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair that app is mostly about instagram followers as a measure of celebrity status, he's at least as much of a celebrity as an instagram influencer.

Turn it up ffs

Instagram influencers aren’t celebrities. They are just ordinary people begging to endorse any product they can get their hands on for money ..on the internet.

Tom Hanks is a celebrity.

Tom Cruise too.

Tom Hardy ..yep him as well.

Tom Bellchambers? Not so much.

He’s just a bloke from Melbourne.

Turn it up ffs

Instagram influencers aren’t celebrities. They are just ordinary people begging to endorse any product they can get their hands on for money ..on the internet.

Tom Cruise too.

Welcome to 2019 where celebrity doesn’t stop at b-grade.

in fairness to Tom, being a professional footballer affords him a bit of celebrity status even in the traditional way of thinking.

Last edited:
Turn it up ffs

Tom Cruise too.

I didn't write the app, but that's what they classify as the kind of person they want. Your number of instagram followers is a relevant metric for them, and from what (little) i've read on it, most of the users are 'influencers' and not genuine celebrities.

I'd say by that standard Bellchambers is a celebrity for their purposes.

Turn it up ffs

Tom Cruise too.

I hate to be rude but how old are you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back