Retired # 2: Tom Bellchambers - Knocks Cam Mooney the **** out - 24/5

Remove this Banner Ad

Andrew-Phillips.jpg

J-Stew to ruck ... he's added a few kegs of muscle and is prob. better around the ground
James Stewart is worse in the ruck than Gach Nyuon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Knee pain since Christmas apparently, finally became too much hence the surgery.
“Tom’s had anterior knee pain since Christmas. It was troubling him to the point where he felt it was affecting his performance, so we sought an orthopaedic consult and the recommendation was an arthroscopy.

“They performed a very minor procedure last Thursday. He’s come through that really well and he should be up and running within the next week or so.

Training fully and ready to play after an arthroscope on his knee a few weeks ago.

Can't make him earn it through the VFL, but I'd almost play Phillips and make TBC train the house down before selecting him.

I think Phillips is ahead of him right now but I'd be OK with selecting 2 rucks. We have a shortage of talls available anyway and really McKernan is our only legitimate tall forward option so rather than using him part up forward and part in the ruck we might as well just leave him in the forward line and have a second ruck. Not to mention Dockers are missing some of their best tall defenders so they may find it more difficult to matchup on ruck sized players in the forward line than they normally would.

The thing is that their tallest defender is 195 cm, who hasn't played key defence at AFL level before, a 193 cm 3rd tall who can do a job in a pinch, and either a 190 cm debutant or another 193 cm third tall.

Fact is one of Logue or Duman/Watson will have to play on either McKernan or Bellchambers, giving between 3 to 12 cm away and between 7 and 25 kg's (Although Logue is 1 kg heavier than Smack, the other two are 17 kg's lighter than him).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back